Author Topic: Being a bastard does help it seems!  (Read 572 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Being a bastard does help it seems!
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Being a bastard does help it seems!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 10:52:54 AM »
Looks like a CV for every MP.
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
Looks like a CV for every MP.

lol:

Errr, how true actually.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 11:15:28 AM »
I have worked for and with several such over the years. One appraisal said I wasn't likely to be promoted above the level I had reached because I wasn't nasty enough. I was actually quite pleased with that comment.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 12:40:32 PM »
I have worked for and with several such over the years. One appraisal said I wasn't likely to be promoted above the level I had reached because I wasn't nasty enough. I was actually quite pleased with that comment.
Just like me in some ways then Snoops? cloud9:

No frightened of letting your feelings know but still being a general decent sort under that brutal and scathing exterior. ;)
Got to be totally granite hard and utterly brutal all the way down to the core to really be successful these days. ::)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »
And how is business?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 12:45:03 PM »
And how is business?

Shite.
Next?

Slight glimmer of delight though. Most impressed with the vat man with the speed he sent me a c/q for my reclaimed vat on the van. Quite staggering. eeek:

I may ring then up to congratulate them. Bit of arse licking quite appropriate in that direction don't you think?  rubschin:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 12:46:34 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 01:23:42 PM »
OMG I know someone who fits the bill exactly not only that but they suffer from  Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity and self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, people with narcissistic personality disorder overestimate their abilities and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and pretentious, whilst correspondingly underestimating and devaluing the achievements and accomplishments of others.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Often the narcissist will fraudulently claim to have qualifications or experience or affiliations or associations which they don't have or aren't entitled to. Belief in superiority, inflating their self-esteem to match that of senior or important people with whom they associate or identify, insisting on having the "top" professionals or being affiliated with the "best" institutions, but criticising the same people who disappoint them are also common features of narcissistic personality disorder.

Not a good combination IMHO  noooo:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »
OMG I know someone who fits the bill exactly not only that but they suffer from  Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity and self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, people with narcissistic personality disorder overestimate their abilities and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and pretentious, whilst correspondingly underestimating and devaluing the achievements and accomplishments of others.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Often the narcissist will fraudulently claim to have qualifications or experience or affiliations or associations which they don't have or aren't entitled to. Belief in superiority, inflating their self-esteem to match that of senior or important people with whom they associate or identify, insisting on having the "top" professionals or being affiliated with the "best" institutions, but criticising the same people who disappoint them are also common features of narcissistic personality disorder.

Not a good combination IMHO  noooo:

I find many of the lower orders suffer from that condition.

If they couldn't look up to me and have a goal to which they could aspire, their miserable little lives would be unbearable.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »

Sounds like Gordo to me.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.