Author Topic: Happy Now...?  (Read 3092 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: Happy Now...?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
With any luck we'll all get a little peace for a couple of days

Unless you like getting woken with stupid messages saying "I seem to be in Liverpool" or "I can see a fooking cow from the train window" that is ~ in which case you may miss him.

At this precise moment in time, I would just be grateful to wake up in the morning and not wonder why I bothered.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 08:07:14 PM »

Unless you like getting woken with stupid messages saying "I seem to be in Liverpool" or "I can see a fooking cow from the train window" that is ~ in which case you may miss him.

I did let Growler know my whereabouts, like angel1
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 08:08:08 PM »

At this precise moment in time, I would just be grateful to wake up in the morning and not wonder why I bothered.

Want some valium?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »

Want some valium?

No. But thanks for the offer.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »
Between you and me I am often surprised to wake up in the morning. It is once I have got over that things start to go downhill.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 08:14:25 PM »
Between you and me I am often surprised to wake up in the morning. It is once I have got over that things start to go downhill.

Indeed.   happy100

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »

happy100
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 09:26:01 AM »

So far, so good, apart from the usual shite message while I was trying to eat me tea last night...."I seem to be in Coventry".

I mean, WHO actually gives a fook ey, WHO, I ask? Shrugs:
WTF is it all about? Does ANYBODY actually know....or even remotely give a flying turd or even slightly care, ey, do they?

Coventry, no doubt with it's own micro climate too, not bloody far enough away I say. Banghead

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 09:38:14 AM »

So far, so good, apart from the usual shite message while I was trying to eat me tea last night...."I seem to be in Coventry".

I mean, WHO actually gives a fook ey, WHO, I ask? Shrugs:
WTF is it all about? Does ANYBODY actually know....or even remotely give a flying turd or even slightly care, ey, do they?

Coventry, no doubt with it's own micro climate too, not bloody far enough away I say. Banghead

For reasons known only to himself he took to sending these texts to my home phone. Now since a normal home phone will not deliver texts BT have a system called "Voice Text" which means that your house phone rings, waking everybody, and an automated voice says "You have been sent a voice text by telephone number xxxxx  xxxxxx ...... Message reads 'The fookin train is broken I can see a lot of cows' ..... end of message".
This sort of nonsense has hauled me from my bed at all hours. He may have sent it at a sensible time but BT deliver it when they get round to it. Of course whoever picks up the house phone gets this crap ..... so far it has been Me, My wife, and all three children.
It is one thing to send messages to someone via their mobile when there is a reasonable chance that the intended recipient will be the one who answers but to the family telephone? ..... Totally out of order in my very annoyed opinion particularly since few of the messages do not contain profanity. What he thinks is funny, "Fookin" for example, may look OK on his little screen and in his little mind but announced to my 8 year old by a BT voice it is unacceptable.
Hopefully blowing my top recently has put a stop to it because polite requests didn't.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »
He hasn't got my land line number...thank the ruddy Lord!! cloud9:

I've even thought about changing me mobby, but after 15 years with the same number..and nearly the same phone  lol:..... why should I?  evil:

Can't you unplug the phone at night Snoops, but there again. why should you?

Is it just us two he's trying (successfully) to push the limits of patience to I wonder?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 09:48:00 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »

I've even thought about changing me mobby, but after 15 years with the same number..and nearly the same phone  lol:..... why should I?  evil:

I could but he is not the only one who calls us. For example MiL is on her own, is blind and virtually immobile so has one of these call buttons. She often falls over going to the toilet and can't get up again. If the first emergency number (SiL) is not answered the emergency call people contact us.

Anyway ~ why should I have to shut off my phone because of his selfishness? Why does he think anyone cares that his train has broken down and he can see a cow or that he thinks he may be in Coventry?

No, I think I have a right to have my phone on without being pestered by nonsense.
I had thought about barring his number but that won't work as his texts come through BT.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »

I've even thought about changing me mobby, but after 15 years with the same number..and nearly the same phone  lol:..... why should I?  evil:

I could but he is not the only one who calls us. For example MiL is on her own, is blind and virtually immobile so has one of these call buttons. She often falls over going to the toilet and can't get up again. If the first emergency number (SiL) is not answered the emergency call people contact us.

Anyway ~ why should I have to shut off my phone because of his selfishness? Why does he think anyone cares that his train has broken down and he can see a cow or that he thinks he may be in Coventry?

No, I think I have a right to have my phone on without being pestered by nonsense.
I had thought about barring his number but that won't work as his texts come through BT.

We need to TELL him then! eveilgrin:

oh. redface:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 10:13:09 AM »
I can see who texts my mobile and ignore them if I wish but when the house phone rings someone is always going to pick it up.
Anyway maybe now the message will get through.

For the avoidance of doubt.
NICK ~ I like you as a mate, am happy to have a drink and a laugh with you but I don't care what part of the country you are in at any given moment.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »
I can see who texts my mobile and ignore them if I wish but when the house phone rings someone is always going to pick it up.

NICK ~ I like you as a mate, am happy to have a drink and a laugh with you but I don't care what part of the country you are in at any given moment.

Yea me too, but not too sure about 'the mate' bit. rubschin:

My very owld phone just tells me I have a text message, but doesn't say from who.  noooo:

I'm constantly nagged about getting a new one, but this one is all sort of,  rubschin: mmmmm, comfy?
Needs a few buttons and a respray like, but it still werks ok. Isn't that the important thing like? Shrugs:

I DON'T do this street cred', keeping up with the sheepies shite. sick2:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:23:16 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »

Yea me too, but not too sure about 'the mate' bit. rubschin:

To be fair he can be amusing company ..... if embarrassing when there are females around....... Having to pick the carpet fluff off his tongue, push his eyeballs back in, that sort of thing.