Disgusterous

Author Topic: Lying bastards  (Read 501 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Lying bastards
« on: January 17, 2010, 04:48:45 PM »
Read Jack Straw's letter to Tony Blair in full here, damming does not even begin to cover it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6991102.ece

The inquiry burst into life last week during tense questioning of Alastair Campbell. Blair?s former communications director rejected evidence from Sir Christopher Meyer, former UK ambassador in Washington, that Blair agreed to regime change at the Crawford summit. Campbell claimed the agreement came later in a series of private letters to Bush.

Philippe Sands QC, an expert on the legality of the war, said: ?Mr Campbell sought to persuade Chilcot that there was no early decision [on war]: the Straw letter is plainly inconsistent with Mr Campbell?s narrative.?

In addition, a Cabinet Office briefing paper, previously leaked to The Sunday Times, contradicts Campbell?s evidence.

The briefing paper states: ?When the prime minister discussed Iraq with President Bush at Crawford in April he said that the UK would support military action to bring about regime change.?

The YouGov poll shows that 49% of people believe Campbell did not tell the truth about the Iraq war at the time and is still not telling the truth, while 31% think he told the truth as he saw it at the time.

For me this highlights the sheer contempt in which our politicians hold us.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Lying bastards
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
You are soooo right...  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: