Disgusterous

Author Topic: Britons donate ?23m to Haiti earthquake appeal  (Read 375 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Britons donate ?23m to Haiti earthquake appeal
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:05:12 AM »
Suckers!  Banghead

Quote from: BBC Web Shite
Britons have donated ?23m to the Haiti earthquake appeal, the Disasters and Emergency Committee (DEC) has said.

The UK government has trebled its funding for the humanitarian response from ?6.2m to ?20m, to provide food, shelter, health and relief work.

Source

This pisses me off no end...  noooo:

You pay more than half of what you earn in tax... the UK and EU governments have budgets of trillions which they piss away on worthless schemes to control every aspect of our lives.

Let them take some of the cash they piss away on TV adverts telling you how to clean your teeth or brush your hair and send that to Haiti; don't rattle tins under the noses of pensioners who won't have enough left to buy food or heat their homes.

And remember the money that the UK government is generously sending isn't theirs - its ours, they're sending it on our behalf. I can guarantee the Brown Gorgon won't be writing a cheque for twenty million quid (although he could probably afford it)...

And if you are on benefits its not your fucking money anyway!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Britons donate ?23m to Haiti earthquake appeal
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 08:22:20 AM »
The news programmers should really review how they line their stories up.

Last night the headline stuff was obviously the conditions in Haiti .... I find it pretty hard to watch some 9 yr old girl on screen, with the reporter saying she will die within the next few hours as they do not have the equipment, skills, resource to carry out the operation she needs  etc sad24: -

....then the next story is Prince William on holiday tour in New Zealand / Australia and other countries currently experiencing a summer climate  rubschin: - talking about how he is carrying the good work of his mother  Banghead Banghead Banghead

Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »
The news programmers should really review how they line their stories up.

Last night the headline stuff was obviously the conditions in Haiti .... I find it pretty hard to watch some 9 yr old girl on screen, with the reporter saying she will die within the next few hours as they do not have the equipment, skills, resource to carry out the operation she needs  etc sad24: -

....then the next story is Prince William on holiday tour in New Zealand / Australia and other countries currently experiencing a summer climate  rubschin: - talking about how he is carrying the good work of his mother  Banghead Banghead Banghead

Agreed...

It also pisses me off that there was a reporter, cameraman, sound man and probably a producer watching the poor kid die. Meanwhile they're all well fed and watered and driving around in a mahoosive 4 x 4 along with five hundred similar news teams...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:54:43 AM »
I see Gorgon is now generously supporting Simon Cowell's charity record by agreeing not to charge VAT on it...?  rubschin:

Didn't we discover the last time he pulled this stunt that it was illegal under EU law to waive VAT?

Instead, the taxpayer has to cough up the 17?% that would have otherwise been paid by the purchaser of the record...  ::)

So, Cowell gets amazing publicity, Gorgon gets amazing publicity, the taxpayer gets screwed and the money raised will no doubt be syphoned off by the corrupt regime in Haiti - if it every gets there...

Utter shite.  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: