Author Topic: Perhaps I'm being harsh here  (Read 351 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Perhaps I'm being harsh here
« on: January 27, 2010, 11:52:26 PM »
But if your idea of a good time is to stand on top of a speeding train then surely it is just Darwin at work cleaning up the gene pool.

Teenagers have been risking their lives by "surfing" on trains in South Yorkshire, transport police say.

Five youths were seen jumping on and off moving trains at Kiveton Bridge railway station, near Rotherham, at 2020 GMT on Monday.

British Transport Police said they were spotted as the Lincoln to Sheffield service pulled into the station.

A spokesman warned that youths had suffered "horrific" injuries as a result of 'train surfing' in the past.

Those injuries included the loss of limbs.

'Risky venture'

Insp Graham Bridges said: "It is hard to believe that anyone would be prepared to put themselves in danger by doing this, but sadly we have seen recent evidence that young people in South Yorkshire are happy to put their lives on the line.

"Across the country our officers have had to deal with horrific incidents which began with youngsters 'train surfing' and I want to put a stop to this before anyone else is injured.

"The railway is not a playground and there is never an acceptable reason for using it as such."

Insp Bridges appealed to anyone who saw the youths at Kiveton Bridge station to come forward.

He added: "Not only were the youngsters trespassing on the railway, they were engaged in a risky venture that could have cost them their lives."
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Perhaps I'm being harsh here
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:21:11 AM »
Insp Graham Bridges said: "It is hard to believe that anyone would be prepared to put themselves in danger by doing this, but sadly we have seen recent evidence that young people in South Yorkshire are happy to put their lives on the line.

drumroll:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:05 AM »

drumroll:

lol: lol: lol:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »
Inspector BRIDGES???????????  eeek:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.