Author Topic: Equality and Human Rights Commission has warned  (Read 606 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Equality and Human Rights Commission has warned
« on: February 16, 2010, 12:54:47 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8516574.stm

So the Human Rights Brigade are saying that it may be illegal to use whole body scanners at airports.

Personally I'd rather somebody peered at my bits and pieces than have my Human Rights infringed by some nutter with a bomb in his underpants blowing me out of the sky.

rubschin: Come to think of it if anyone really wants to view my bits and pieces I would be only too happy to oblige ~ anytime
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Equality and Human Rights Commission has warned
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 01:11:48 PM »
Apart from anything else they're proven not to be able to detect underpants bombs anyway...

Also, the Americans have also caved-in to the Muslims who object to them on religious grounds...

So illegal or not they are fairly expensive pointless toys...

Didn't fuckwit Gordon introduce them? My case rests...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
Yes I know all that and I agree, they are pretty bloody useless but it is this "It may infringe somebody's rights" nonsense that I hate.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 01:16:17 PM »
Yes I know all that and I agree, they are pretty bloody useless but it is this "It may infringe somebody's rights" nonsense that I hate.

it is a shame the case wasn't proven before the taxpayer's cash was spent on them...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:23:57 PM »

it is a shame the case wasn't proven before the taxpayer's cash was spent on them...  noooo:

Oh ~ It's only money ....... we have heaps of the stuff and if we get short Gordon will get his pals at the BoE to print some more.

toffee

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 01:37:38 PM »
I know the intermog is not the most reliable for information BUT did I read that this "invasion" is 800 times more invasive than a hospital x-ray?
B.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:31 PM »
I know the intermog is not the most reliable for information BUT did I read that this "invasion" is 800 times more invasive than a hospital x-ray?
B.

Dunno 'bout that Mr T but it is still a lot less invasive than an airport security goon pulling on a latex glove and telling you to "bend over"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 02:28:11 PM »
B.

I think the jury is out yet... as far as I can see there has been no long-term tests or research into the effects of these nanowave (?) devices on the human body...

So in fact, it might be a whole lot worse than having the latex glove treatment - but that was never going to happen anyway.

It seems to me the only way to counter the terrorist threat is through intelligence... terrorists only have to suggest the use of liquid explosives and we are banned from taking them on-board. What happens when they suggest having explosives implanted internally or hiding them in babies...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 02:37:03 PM »
B.

I think the jury is out yet... as far as I can see there has been no long-term tests or research into the effects of these nanowave (?) devices on the human body...

So in fact, it might be a whole lot worse than having the latex glove treatment - but that was never going to happen anyway.

It seems to me the only way to counter the terrorist threat is through intelligence... terrorists only have to suggest the use of liquid explosives and we are banned from taking them on-board. What happens when they suggest having explosives implanted internally or hiding them in babies...?

Go by boat ~ since 1945 we have pretty much seen the end of people blowing up ships.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »
B.

Go by boat ~ since 1945 we have pretty much seen the end of people blowing up ships.

I don't doubt that they'd target ships if we all went by sea...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 02:45:15 PM »
Rig for silent running Mr Mate

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 02:51:01 PM »
I don't see why the fixation with blowing up planes. 7/7 proved the ease in targeting trains and shooting up station concourses wouldn't take that much planning either.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
I suspect targeting aircraft is because they can get up to 500 deaths per explosion.
You don't get that many with a train/bus etc.

Planes are far more "spectacular" and you are "guaranteed" no survivors

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 03:13:54 PM »
Rig for silent running Mr Mate

Did you see that article the other day about drug smugglers...?

They've developed submarines to avoid detection by the US coastguards and Navy...  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 04:54:20 PM »
No end to their cunning is there.

I suppose the "legalize it and do away with crime at a stroke" argument has something to be said in its favour.