Author Topic: Attention seeking  (Read 478 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Attention seeking
« on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »
So is Mr Gosling an attention seeking twat or did he need to clear his conscience
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8517800.stm
A TV presenter's on-air confession that he killed his ailing lover is to be investigated by Nottinghamshire Police.

Ray Gosling, 70, told the BBC's Inside Out programme he had smothered the unnamed man who was dying of Aids.

Personally I put it down to attention seeking. Heard him all over the BBC "Today" prog this morning ~ bloody drama queen!

There are things that one does in life that one should keep quiet about. To my mind this is one of them. We all know it happens, we all hope that when our time draws near a kindly doctor will up the morphine dose. Big mouthed people like Mr Gosling, who will no doubt claim to be helping the euthanasia cause, only serve to make doctors even more reluctant to "help".
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Attention seeking
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »
I heard him on the wireless earlier too - if ever there was a man 'that didn't sound right' this is him...  noooo:

He claims not to have an agenda - why mention it at all then...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

toffee

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
R.I.P.
B.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
So is Mr Gosling an attention seeking twat or did he need to clear his conscience
A TV presenter's on-air confession that he killed his ailing lover is to be investigated by Nottinghamshire Police.

Ray Gosling, 70, told the BBC's Inside Out programme he had smothered the unnamed man who was dying of Aids.

Personally I put it down to attention seeking. Heard him all over the BBC "Today" prog this morning ~ bloody drama queen!

There are things that one does in life that one should keep quiet about. To my mind this is one of them. We all know it happens, we all hope that when our time draws near a kindly doctor will up the morphine dose. Big mouthed people like Mr Gosling, who will no doubt claim to be helping the euthanasia cause, only serve to make doctors even more reluctant to "help".

Oooh ooh and me sir, please sir I want attention too. I heard this clip in the car today, not that one< rather ^ that one unless I am missing something this was not an assisted death rather out and out murder.  It may well have been committed on compasionate grounds and in all honesty my sister and I when my father became very ill talked about it.  Goslings lover did not assist in his own death.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »

Oooh ooh and me sir, please sir I want attention too. I heard this clip in the car today, not that one< rather ^ that one unless I am missing something this was not an assisted death rather out and out murder.  It may well have been committed on compasionate grounds and in all honesty my sister and I when my father became very ill talked about it.  Goslings lover did not assist in his own death.

He is now saying he will refuse to cooperate with the police. What an arse!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7029167.ece
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 07:23:10 PM »

He is now saying he will refuse to cooperate with the police. What an arse-bandit!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7029167.ece

Corrected for you lol:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
He was an attention seeking tw@t in the 60's when he a reporter on Look North. Plus ca change eh?  noooo:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 09:04:08 PM »

Quite so.

Suicide by pillow is very rare
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »
TV presenter Ray Gosling has been arrested on suspicion of murder by Nottinghamshire Police after he admitted killing his lover.

The 70-year-old's confession that he had smothered the unnamed man who was dying of Aids was broadcast on the BBC's Inside Out programme on Monday.

The Nottingham filmmaker said he had made a pact with his lover to act if his suffering increased.

Police are questioning the presenter over his claims.

::)

Skubber