Author Topic: Helpless  (Read 11710 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Helpless
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 08:55:09 PM »
Like everybody else, my thoughts are with you Miss D
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »
Cheers guys .... it's difficult to say anything I know but just know that I appreciate being able to off load and all your kindness and well wishes. I fear it's gonna be a tough ol time coming up- bear with me and keep me laughing eh xxxxx

I am on my 3rd glass of collapso tonight ...haven't had a drink in over 3 weeks so it is all going down rather nicely.  cloud9:
Skubber

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 12:42:09 AM »
I'll have one with you, been in your situation myself.  Would have been good to have those here around me then.  Practical is the best approach.
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2010, 01:35:29 AM »
So sad Miss D. I have been in exactly your position and it is not easy to handle.
The best I can offer is the knowledge that your distress is shared and in time it will all be a dull ache of memory.
I mostly despair

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »
So sad Miss D. I have been in exactly your position and it is not easy to handle.
The best I can offer is the knowledge that your distress is shared and in time it will all be a dull ache of memory.

Ditto.

Never easy and you have to make sure you look after yourself as well.      smile:

RTFM

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »
How you doing MD?
No point in me saying too much about your situation tbh, as what can be said has all been said really.

Hope 'The Brat' is going to behave herself extra special, as you really don't need any additional stress now.

Keep yer chin up chick. happy088

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2010, 09:14:03 PM »
Today has been a bad day ...for me ...struggling a bit with it all tbh and some of the conversations with mum have been really tough today. We all seem to be handling it differently, as is human nature.

As long as it doesn't interfere with The Brat's social life she will be fine  noooo: noooo: noooo:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:18:48 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2010, 07:17:48 PM »
Today my mum has been admitted into hospital  as an emergency for a complete blood and platelet transfusion.

The obstinate wumman was saying she didn't want to go back into hospital until they spelt out to her in no uncertain terms that her liver was failing and if this did not happen whatever limited time she has left would be null and void.

She rang me in a complete state.....how do you help someone who is so scared when you feel exactly the same.

Skubber

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
Terrible news, just tell her the doctor's know best. They may not,but recent experience tells me it's the best course of action.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »
So sorry Miss D. You have to treat people in that situation like confused children. Very hard, but they are not rational.
You have to be strong and sensible for her and use any persuasion to have her take treatment.

I mostly despair

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2010, 10:01:38 PM »
No words can express how you are feeling...and no words can express how much we feel for you at this time...keep your chin up and do your best. It isn't easy...

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 07:46:48 AM »
Poor Miss D  happy100
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2010, 02:14:39 PM »
Thoughts are with you MissD  happy100, and have been through a very similar situation. The clinical information that was forthcoming seemed cold and heartless when all the time what one really needs is buckets of love, support and understanding.
Have a big hug ... ((((( MissD )))))
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2010, 07:52:59 PM »
Coming to this one a bit late Miss D, but my thoughts are with you and yours
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »
I have just had some potentially really good news.

As you know my mum has been really poorly with cancer . She has completed her chemo and went for her assessment today. It would appear that when she collapsed in March they gave her 6 weeks to live - 8 weeks at the most  eeek: (they tell us this now  noooo: )

We were told it was inoperable as the masses on the liver and the lungs were too big and it was about managing the reduction in size.
It would appear that they have blasted the Cancer and now there is not a trace of it visible on their scans  eeek: eeek: eeek: They talk of being amazed by this.

They say the concern is now that these cells have now been blasted to micro organisms and they want her to have radium treatment and a brain scan etc but they believe this to be all good and positive.

Feel like celebrating but am cautious not too
Skubber