Disgusterous

Author Topic: Nights getting lighter, but....  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Nights getting lighter, but....
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »
We do it here as well... twice a year you realise how many clocks and timers you really have*

* As opposed to the ones you have to reset when the power fails...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »
We have a clock in the office I actually detest...some of the boys bought it at a pub auction.

It is the vilest brown, smoke stained thing that sits behind me. The hands are wonky but I am told it has character  ::)

To move it forwards or backwards you have to unscrew the bloody thing. It may have a nasty accident this April  eveilgrin:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:34:55 AM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 10:33:55 AM »
Bollocks, you're going to do nowt.

Look. I'm not one for just sitting arouind letting evryone dictate to me what they consider to be right or wrong. If I don't agree, then I'll damned well say so.
Writing a letter to my local MP is as simple as writing and starting this thread in the first place.
I probably won't succeed, granted, but at least I can say that I had the foresight to at least have a go rather than just sit back and whinge and whine if something isn't to my liking.

I'm rather proud to say, and 'wave my willy high' in the air being one of the main complainants, in the personal pleasure and victory I and my neighbours derived from kicking up an almighty stink 4 years ago via the plod and local councillers and M.P., regarding the seemingly never ending thug and lout anti social behaviour problems we all had to endure in this park that our gardens back onto.
We won. The park equipment was removed.,,,sadly, but no other viable options...the grass was left to grow long, and all of our fences were protected by several thousnad pounds worth of extremely thorny bushes.
Peace and tranquity have ruled ever since........so don't tell me that I'll do nothing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:37:47 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 11:27:17 AM »
I agree with Growler ~ it has become a pointless exercise. Originally intended to allow more time on the land for Farmers in the North of the UK it is now largely irrelevant as all tractors are fitted with humungous searchlights and, round here, they work all through the fecking night when it suits them.

Another moan I know but who the hell is so desperate as to need to be harvesting grass at midnight? Perhaps DS can answer that one as none of those who do it will  Banghead

The defence that it prevents accidents involving children walking to and from school down the dark lanes in the frozen north is bollox ..... When did you last see a child walk more than 200 yards to get to school? ~ It's all into Mummy's 4X4 to travel the half mile down our high street.

When my two used to attend the local school the walk took 3 minutes. The catchment area is this village + any other Denbighshire child whose parents can convince the head that they have some connection with the village. The school had 182 kids on the register ranging from two and a half to twelve years of age. I sat down there waiting for my lads one evening and counted 77 cars picking up, quite a few collecting two or more children, PLUS two mini buses from local after school nurseries that rounded up another dozen or so to be looked after until parents come home from work.

No amount of clock changing needed at all. Either we go the whole way and join the continent (move by two hours), which would at least solve a lot of problems catching ferries etc, or we forget it altogether . Forget it would get my vote.

Oh and since it is my first post of the day I still feel like shite TBH so I prolly go back to bed later.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 11:29:36 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 01:32:10 PM »
Thank you Snoops.
I knew I could rely on you to make a sensible reply rather than just slag me off and have me permanently marked down as some sort of bone idle whinger that does absolutely nowt other than complain. ::)

Equally, I would expect and respect any critisism forthcoming for any daft suggestions, ideas or unjustifiable rants that you don't agree with. We can't all have the same opinions, and that would be downright boring anyway.
I am NOT a wilting wallflower, hiding and quivering in the corner next to the potting shed, and it's just tough shit if anyone doesn't like me because of that. Don't read or bother replying to my posts if that's the case.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:37:14 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
Thank you Snoops.
I knew I could rely on you to make a sensible reply rather than just slag me off and have me permanently marked down as some sort of bone idle whinger that does absolutely nowt other than complain. ::)

Equally, I would expect and respect any critisism forthcoming for any daft suggestions, ideas or unjustifiable rants that you don't agree with. We can't all have the same opinions, and that would be downright boring anyway.
I am NOT a wilting wallflower, hiding and quivering in the corner next to the potting shed, and it's just tough shit if anyone doesn't like me because of that. Don't read or bother replying to my posts if that's the case.

Calm down... you dole scrounging Northerner....  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 02:06:19 PM »
Thank you Snoops.

Calm down... you dole scrounging Northerner....  lol:

Oh I am perfectly calm, perfectly. happy088
 Just get a bit irritated and don't like being thought of as an all talk no action whinger.
Some things are petty, granted, but they just get on me tits.
 I like to see things getting sorted not just 'brushed under the carpet', no matter how seemingly trivial. Banghead

Most GB sheeples don't do anything 'cus they think it'll be a total waste of time, so, they simply 'go with the flow'. ::)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:08:47 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 02:18:44 PM »
It would seem that Gordon Brown is on side Growler ~ he wants to stop changing the clocks apparently ~ so that's a good idea fvcked then ::)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/7188232/British-Summer-time-could-be-extended-all-year-round-Gordon-Brown-says.html

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2010, 02:20:19 PM »
It would seem that Gordon Brown is on side Growler ~ he wants to stop changing the clocks apparently ~ so that's a good idea fvcked then ::)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/7188232/British-Summer-time-could-be-extended-all-year-round-Gordon-Brown-says.html
yeah... it's never gonna happen now Growler...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2010, 02:25:17 PM »

yeah... it's never gonna happen now Growler...  noooo:

We shall see. Letter to be constructed tonight after I've had lashings of Crimbo CAKE  cloud9:
Fancy Gargoyle thinking summat sensible like me ey, just fancy that, and on the same day too! eeek:

For once, and once only, the cretin has my full support and backing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:28:20 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »

We shall see. Letter to be constructed tonight after I've had lashings of Crimbo CAKE  cloud9:
Fancy Gargoyle thinking summat sensible like me ey, just fancy that! eeek:

He probably thought of it because he is Scots and doesn't want to risk wearing out the adjust button on his wrist watch.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »

We shall see. Letter to be constructed tonight after I've had lashings of Crimbo CAKE  cloud9:

He probably thought of it because he is Scots and doesn't want to risk wearing out the adjust button on his wrist watch.

Perhaps he is a member here!  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »

yeah... it's never gonna happen now Growler...  noooo:

We shall see. Letter to be constructed tonight after I've had lashings of Crimbo CAKE  cloud9:

I notice from the report that it's the Jocks...as usual...that are resisting, cus they live nearer the North Pole...FFS. Banghead
Simples. Rebuild Hadrians Wall, keep the tossers in there, and let them change their bastard clocks back and forth 24 times a day if they want. cussing:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:32:04 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »

Perhaps he is a member here!  eeek:

Pirate is the only one with an eye-patch ~ perhaps it's him!

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »
I agree with Growler and - I am loathe to say it, the one-eyed Scotch bullycunt.

The world has moved on and it is simply stupid now.