Author Topic: What ever happened to second hand?  (Read 1273 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: What ever happend to second hand?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 02:57:26 PM »
Good plan ~ since I publish the only local free newspaper round here...... trouble is the next issue isn't published until 1st April.

Funny thing is that the lad's mate is the son of the directors of our local coach/bus company ~ he is planning on asking his parents if there is anything laying around their garage.

I can easily get some slightly damaged insurance right off wheels from various bodyshops.
Bit big problee.

That's what I told him about bus wheels.

Power to weight ratio.  noooo:

I was thinking more of fitting them to a plank and then getting the assembled buggy onto the 1 metre wide path down the slope in the local park.

I can't see elfin safety allowing that....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 03:00:41 PM »
Good plan ~ since I publish the only local free newspaper round here...... trouble is the next issue isn't published until 1st April.

Funny thing is that the lad's mate is the son of the directors of our local coach/bus company ~ he is planning on asking his parents if there is anything laying around their garage.

I can easily get some slightly damaged insurance right off wheels from various bodyshops.
Bit big problee.

I was thinking more of fitting them to a plank and then getting the assembled buggy onto the 1 metre wide path down the slope in the local park.

His mother wants me to make sure he wears a safety helmet FFS Banghead
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 03:02:04 PM »

Bit big problee.

I've a rather attractive bucket he could borrow...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 03:03:25 PM »

Bit big problee.

I've a rather attractive bucket he could borrow...

Don't encourage her  evil:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »

Bit big problee.

Oh for goodness sake. A bloody helmet?! noooo:
WE didn't have all this elf and safety crap in our day.

Tell her a few bumps and bruises will do 'em good. All part of lifes great taposrtry tapastree fancy bit of needle werk sort of stuff.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: What ever happened to second hand?
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 05:05:54 PM »
I've been thinking of a similar thing actually... We have two mahoosive hills which lead from the village to the beach...

I think it would be great to organise a soap box derby - close the road one a year and have a time trial....  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
I've been thinking of a similar thing actually... We have two mahoosive hills which lead from the village to the beach...

I think it would be great to organise a soap box derby - close the road one a year and have a time trial....  cloud9:

I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2010, 05:09:19 PM »

that's it!  ;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »

This is BM's attempts to increase his profits as a major shareholder of Cyprus Bandages and Plaster Casts Ltd  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 08:59:31 AM »

This is BM's attempts to increase his profits as a major shareholder of Cyprus Bandages and Plaster Casts Ltd  noooo:

Trading as "Shins-R-Us"
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 09:31:21 AM »

Trading as "Shins-R-Us"

Please don't keep mentioning shins...
Pro Skub  Thumbs: