Disgusterous

Author Topic: I have a routine  (Read 437 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
I have a routine
« on: February 24, 2010, 02:44:53 PM »
Each day I set aside time to check and answer emails, I follow this by opening my snail mail and answering any of that which requires a reply.

Why do people phone me to ask if I had their email? Banghead

If I have not yet got round to my post for the day then I haven't seen it and if I have attended to my post before they sent the email I'll not read it until tomorrow.

Once it has been read and considered I will reply and no amount of calling me will change that ..... if it was that urgent why not phone in the first place?

My postman delivers between 12.30 and 13.00 each day. That is when I will deal with all mail, be it paper or electronic.

B@st@rds!  cussing:

When gainfully employed I used to hate "meetings" as they were, without exception, unproductive. As a salesman I earned money by selling my employer's services not by sitting in a meeting with ten other salesmen so any time not spent either in front of a client or seeking out new clients was a waste of my time. I learned then the value of rationing my time. Post would be dealt with at a specified time, taking due account of the secretarial availability and the time at which the Royal Mail collected from the reception. I can see no reason why email cannot be dealt with in the same manner.

Just how much time is wasted stopping whatever you are doing to answer fatuous email enquiries that could just as easily be dealt with during either the first or the last hour of the working day?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: I have a routine
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »
Get a BlackBerry - you can even answer them in bed, or like me now - in the pub ;-)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:17:11 PM »
P.S.  On the subject of routine, I received and odd text message today from a number I do not know - the text simply said "Email  b*****latyahoodotcom".

This does not fit into my routine of knowing all my contacts etc. etc.

Is this some sort of scam?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:06:04 AM by The Moan Ranger »

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 04:51:41 PM »
They're using a Blackberry from a pub, but have consumed more than you.  razz:

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 10:53:48 AM »
Get a BlackBerry - you can even answer them in bed, or like me now - in the pub ;-)

The point was/is that I do not want to stop whatever I am doing to deal with "You have mail" and am annoyed by people who send an email and if I fail to respond within what THEY feel is a reasonable time scale (usually ten minutes at most) they phone me to say "Did you get my email/text?"

If they are so unsure of the technology as to not trust it to deliver their poxy message then don't use it. If they need an immediate response then 'phone me. If, as is usual, they are bored then they can fecking wait 'cos I am busy!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 01:01:08 PM »

The point was/is that I do not want to stop whatever I am doing to deal with "You have mail" and am annoyed by people who send an email and if I fail to respond within what THEY feel is a reasonable time scale (usually ten minutes at most) they phone me to say "Did you get my email/text?"

If they are so unsure of the technology as to not trust it to deliver their poxy message then don't use it. If they need an immediate response then 'phone me. If, as is usual, they are bored then they can fecking wait 'cos I am busy!

I take your point my old dog, but it bears thinking about the urgency and immediacy of a phone call which can be much more pressing and intrusive than an e-mail.

Anyone who phones to demand an instant e-mail reply will join the DS list for 'first against the wall come the revolution'.  evil:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
You are going to need a very long wall  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 08:31:05 PM »
I tend to be vague and say oh did you, well I shall get to that shortly then.  redface:

As for meetings, I was never really involved with them before, but now. My word what an utter waste of time they are!

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »
Have you had meetings about meetings yet  cussing:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 09:00:36 PM »
Pre meetings are the total bloody pits  cussing: cussing: cussing:
Skubber