Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new "Blimey, it's Mother's/Mothers' Day" thread  (Read 1936 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
The all new "Blimey, it's Mother's/Mothers' Day" thread
« on: March 14, 2010, 09:27:52 AM »
So what treats are the laydees expecting? And what did you actually get?  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: The all new "Blimey, it's Mother's/Mothers' Day" thread
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:36:03 AM »
Don't be daft  noooo:

The predicted happened yesterday as madam had suggested we go 'shopping' together  scared2:  An hour or two later she casually mentions a 'party ' that is happening that night..friend of so and so's. Don't worry Sarah's dad will pick us up and bring us home she says.

So I casually ask where this party is .....  " somewhere near Croydon"  Shrugs:

Said I would need and address and contact number if she wanted to go ...and then it began ...the why are you so unfair, no one else's parents are like you....you are ruining my life yadda , yadda ,yadda

She is still in bed ...I am expecting very little reward for my draconian mothering skills today  lol:
Skubber

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:02:42 AM »
Have not received anything.  However, eldest helped with shopping yesterday and then cleaned my car (his standard is higher than mine too).  He is also my technical expert, clothes critic/music critic/ behaviour critic, chief hairdresser (shut up Barman) and keeps a weather eye on his brother for me.  I have good things from him all year and not just on one day.

The younger one lets me love him and spend money on him and in return lets me take him to parents evening a week ahead of schedule.  He also puts the washing out and retrieves it when I am at work 20 miles away.
He also, once, allowed me to play guitar hero!

Have planned my own day so they don't have to. drumroll:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 10:04:05 AM »
 shutup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 10:11:27 AM »
 eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek:

The gruffalo has just woken and presented me with a 'Best Mum' mug and a photo in a heart shaped frame of the 2 of us

Also a card and this was the best bit .... she wrote

" Even though sometimes I don't show it I love you and thank you for everything you've done for me "

I feel faint and may have to go back to bed
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 10:21:19 AM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 10:12:02 AM »
Oh Eldest has just handed me a card.  By Nicholas Verrall 'La Venise Verte, France'  cos he didnt like the cards with Mothers day on and he liked this picture.   whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 10:12:24 AM »
eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek:

The gruffalo has just woken and presented me with a 'Best Mum' mug and a photo in a heart shaped frame of the 2 of us

Also a card and this was the best bit  she wrote

" Even though sometimes I don't show it I love you and thank you for everything you've done for me "

eeek:

Be afraid, be very afraid!  scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 10:13:17 AM »
Oh Eldest has just handed me a card.  By Nicholas Verrall 'La Venise Verte, France'  cos he didnt like the cards with Mothers day on and he liked this picture.   whistle:

whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 10:16:23 AM »

Also a card and this was the best bit  she wrote

lol:

Nice things our lovely teenage kids have done today thread beckons at this rate. eeek:

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 10:17:02 AM »
 eeek:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »

whistle:

Honestly!  

Anyhow, youngest has now surfaced and just handed over another card.  So all boxes ticked ... but it really wouldn't have mattered.   cloud9:

Offline Nick

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 10:18:10 AM »

whistle:

It all sounds very suspicious to me  noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 10:20:14 AM »

whistle:

Honestly!  

Anyhow, youngest has now surfaced and just handed over another card.  So all boxes ticked ... but it really wouldn't have mattered.   cloud9:

You are one extremely lucky teddy there Gip.
They all sound delightful.

Take a pat on the back for all YOUR hard werk over the years. happ096

Must admit, my two sprogs are pretty decent to their mother. It's just me they save all their abuse and nastiness for it seems. ::)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »

Skubber