Disgusterous

Author Topic: My kind of job  (Read 362 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
My kind of job
« on: March 15, 2010, 09:47:39 AM »
A diet pills firm wants to pay someone ?23,750 a year to be a couch potato and gorge on junk food.

Proactol Ltd is looking for a budding Homer Simpson to help test their tablets by lazing around and eating an extra 400 calories a day. The job is being advertised in job centres across the UK. Proactol's advert says: "We know it's incredible, but it's true. We are willing to pay you ?23,750 a year to continue doing EXACTLY what you do every single day.

"All we ask in return is that you eat 16% more calories a week, or 400 more calories a day, whilst introducing Proactol into your diet." The firm advises that the extra calories could be achieved by "eating fatty foods such as Chinese takeaways, fish and chips, pizza or McDonald's".

The advert says: "Essentially we want you to be yourself. No strings, no catches.

The official job title is product testing associate

rubschin: rubschin: rubschin:
Skubber

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: My kind of job
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:00:13 AM »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: My kind of job
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »
A diet pills firm wants to pay someone £23,750 a year to be a couch potato and gorge on junk food.

Proactol Ltd is looking for a budding Homer Simpson to help test their tablets by lazing around and eating an extra 400 calories a day. The job is being advertised in job centres across the UK. Proactol's advert says: "We know it's incredible, but it's true. We are willing to pay you £23,750 a year to continue doing EXACTLY what you do every single day.

"All we ask in return is that you eat 16% more calories a week, or 400 more calories a day, whilst introducing Proactol into your diet." The firm advises that the extra calories could be achieved by "eating fatty foods such as Chinese takeaways, fish and chips, pizza or McDonald's".

The advert says: "Essentially we want you to be yourself. No strings, no catches.

The official job title is product testing associate

rubschin: rubschin: rubschin:

Once again McDonalds gets slated for serving fatty foods but in truth their prepared foods often have less "Bad" fats in than do many M&S ready meals.

Meanwhile paying someone to test their product whilst encouraging them to overeat is plain wrong.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.