Disgusterous

Author Topic: The insanity of it  (Read 3242 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
The insanity of it
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »
Main drag (A41) going in towards Chester has got roadworks for the next 6 weeks.
Fair enough you think, bit (lot) of chaos while they resurface the road that resembles a relief map of the Himalaya.

But no, oh no. noooo:
To my staggering amazement yesterday I find that they have closed 2 lanes of the 4 to dig up and beautifully resurface the bloody pavement that runs alongside it!! eeek:
No doubt they'll be widening it too, to accomodate more virtually unused cycle lanes while they're at it. Banghead

Meanwhile the M56 and M53 are closed for 'investigation' due to an earlier accident.
Absolute bedlum chaos and gridlock all around here.
I was supposed to be going to Liverpool for a rare occurence today.
WORK!

I've had to ring them and tell them that if I set off now, I should reach them by tomorrow, and will therefore set out tomorrow morning instead.
Bloody great. Banghead
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:54:20 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The insanity of it
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I shall avoid the area  angel1
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:56:11 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I shall avoid the area  angel1

Highly recommended.

Their quest for driving us all off the roads will NOT succeed however. cussing:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:28:44 AM »
Main drag (A41) going in towards Chester has got roadworks for the next 6 weeks.
Fair enough you think, bit (lot) of chaos while they resurface the road that resembles a relief map of the Himalaya.

But no, oh no. noooo:
To my staggering amazement yesterday I find that they have closed 2 lanes of the 4 to dig up and beautifully resurface the bloody pavement that runs alongside it!! eeek:

Of course they do the pavement first. All the tripping Scallys will be out for their compo claim now the sun is shining.

Nobody sues the council for smashed suspension on the potholes, but ?10k for a 'twisted ankle' is easy money.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:33:09 AM »
We have had ?tens of thousands spent in creating a footpath/cycleway twixt here and the next village. Few cyclists use it and those that do swear and curse at any pedestrian they encounter.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 10:36:56 AM »

But no, oh no. noooo:

Of course they do the pavement first. All the tripping Scallys will be out for their compo claim now the sun is shining.

Nobody sues the council for smashed suspension on the potholes, but ?10k for a 'twisted ankle' is easy money.

Now now DS. Claim culture is ripe in every county in the land now.

I wouldn't mind, but the pavement concerned is rarely used anyway. Doesn't really lead to anywhere or anything of great importance. Just a pavement alongside a very very busy trunk route.
I cannot remember the last time I saw someone walking down it tbqh, oh, and it's in Chester, not Liverpool btw. ::)

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:39:19 AM »
I don't like that road. Featureless  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 10:46:55 AM »

But no, oh no. noooo:

I wouldn't mind, but the pavement concerned is rarely used anyway. Doesn't really lead to anywhere or anything of great importance. Just a pavement alongside a very very busy trunk route.
I cannot remember the last time I saw someone walking down it tbqh, oh, and it's in Chester, not Liverpool btw. ::)

REASONS TO "IMPROVE" FOOTPATHS/CYCLEWAYS:
(i) It is nearing the end of the financial year, time to spend the remains of the budget before it gets taken back.
(ii) Cycleway improvement/provision attracts extra funding from Europe.
(iii) Anything "GREEN" is considered to be a vote winner and there is an election coming up.
(iv) Having cycleways enables local authorities to claim that they are making provision to encourage healthy living. Next they will remove the school buses as the children can walk or cycle in safety to school.

Cynical? Moi? angel1

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 11:01:35 AM »
I don't like that road. Featureless  noooo:

The Chester to M54 (Telford) 50/60 mile stretch is bloody ace though, especially in the middle of the night.  cloud9:
Done it in 50 minutes once. Fabulous driving road, but I see the cash gatherers of this Nazi state of ours have now taken to the skies ffs. eeek:
Speed enforcement aircraft warning signs have gone up now.

Are there no depths these bastards will go to to rake the cash in? Banghead

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
I don't like that road. Featureless  noooo:

The Chester to M54 (Telford) 50/60 mile stretch is bloody ace though, especially in the middle of the night.  cloud9:
Done it in 50 minutes once. Fabulous driving road, but I see the cash gatherers of this Nazi state of ours have now taken to the skies ffs. eeek:
Speed enforcement aircraft warning signs have gone up now.

Are there no depths these bastards will go to to rake the cash in? Banghead

Nope!

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »
Snoops lives near the A55 (Ker ching)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »

What's that got to do with it?

Oh, Heddlu Gestapo territory you mean?

Mrs Growler is one of their latest victims doing 36 mph last week just outside Buckley, kerrrr  ching. Bastards. cussing:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:19:54 AM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »

One of the most beautiful A roads in the country, spolied by the speed infatuated gestapo in their black combat gear, black baseball caps, black sunglass's and black jackboots, strutting around like they think they're in LA ffs, driving around in their top of the range BMW estates and unmarked high performance machinery. Utter twats. evil:

Things don't seem to have got any better with this new chief cuntstable. noooo:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:26:53 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2010, 11:27:06 AM »

One of the most beautiful A roads in the country, spolied by the speed infatuated gestapo in their black combat gear, black basenball caps, black sunglass's and black jackboots, strutting around like they think they're in LA ffs. Twats. evil:

Things don't seem to have got any better with this new chief cuntstable. noooo:

They have come to rely on the income too much to change now.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2010, 12:05:45 PM »

But no, oh no. noooo:

No regional offence intended. I just wanted a chance to use the term 'Tripping Scally".  redface:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ0VwmvfnZA
I mostly despair