Disgusterous

Author Topic: Disgusting...  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Disgusting...
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:50:19 PM »
Just watched MasterChef?.

Not cos I wanted to but LL had it on while we were eating?

It is the final stages of the ?competition? apparently?. Three ?finalists? battle it out to find which of them will be declared MasterChef 2010?.

It is all shite as far as I?m concerned and I have little time for it or any other TV ?reality? or competition show?

However?

The BBC had flown the three finalists (plus the two presenters, cameramen, producers and gawd knows how many hangers-on) to India for this stage of the competition?

They had to cook for some Maharaja ? apparently, a ?foodie? who knows his food and stuff ? so picky is he that he had another complete meal prepared for him and his guests (about ten of them) just in case the competitors of the show didn?t come up to scratch?

I find it utterly disgusting that in a country with so much poverty the gap betwixt rich and poor can be so large? so many starving yet a small minority have ?standby? food in case their meal isn?t up to scratch?

Disgusting that the BBC spends taxpayer?s money sending chefs over there to pander to the well off?

Disgusting that the taxpayer in the UK sends  millions to a country that has a space programme yet can?t feed its own people?

It is bang out of order IMHO?.  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Disgusting...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »
I'm sure LL appreciated your commentary during one of her favourite shows  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:05:31 PM »
I'm sure LL appreciated your commentary during one of her favourite shows  whistle:

lol: lol: lol:

I was like this >>>>>  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43:32 PM »
 happy100

Never mind BM; tonight they were back on home turf at Prism and The Dorchester ... cooking for the proles, like  lol:

You should take up your complaint with this geezer ... he's a down to earth, family man allegedly
http://www.maharajajodhpur.com/
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
Don't know why they're bothering with all this palaver anyway ...it is obvious who is going to win the show  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:03:49 AM »
Don't know why they're bothering with all this palaver anyway ...it is obvious who is going to win the show  whistle:

I might have known you'd be watching a foodie show...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »

Only trouble is most of the stuff they cook looks delicious but it is either fish, offal or summat else I don't like

I would be prepared to judge all chocolate fondants though  cloud9:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »

It is the final stages of the ?competition? apparently?. Three ?finalists? battle it out to find which of them will be declared MasterChef 2010?.

It is all shite as far as I?m concerned and I have little time for it or any other TV ?reality? or competition show?

However?

The BBC had flown the three finalists (plus the two presenters, cameramen, producers and gawd knows how many hangers-on) to India for this stage of the competition?

They had to cook for some Maharaja ? apparently, a ?foodie? who knows his food and stuff ? so picky is he that he had another complete meal prepared for him and his guests (about ten of them) just in case the competitors of the show didn?t come up to scratch?

I find it utterly disgusting that in a country with so much poverty the gap betwixt rich and poor can be so large? so many starving yet a small minority have ?standby? food in case their meal isn?t up to scratch?

Disgusting that the BBC spends taxpayer?s money sending chefs over there to pander to the well off?

Disgusting that the taxpayer in the UK sends  millions to a country that has a space programme yet can?t feed its own people?

Feeling that strongly about it you should go and live in a country where you don't have to pay the BBC licence fee and UK taxes ................................... Oh! You have.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:09:34 AM »

However?

Feeling that strongly about it you should go and live in a country where you don't have to pay the BBC licence fee and UK taxes ................................... Oh! You have.

Quite so....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 08:09:17 AM »
I knew he'd win it  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 08:41:15 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 08:42:06 AM »
the bloke  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 08:44:14 AM »
the bloke  whistle:

What, the bloke that won...?  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 08:44:42 AM »
The bloke who was sweating profusely in Jodhpur - so much so that it was dripping off his nose into the food he was preparing. Nice.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 08:45:55 AM »
The bloke who was sweating profusely in Jodhpur - so much so that it was dripping off his nose into the food he was preparing. Nice.

They were all sweating into the food... it was the only bit of the programme that gave me any pleasure...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: