Disgusterous

Author Topic: News: Featured on Google . . . .  (Read 6651 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: News: Featured on Google . . . .
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 08:07:57 PM »
Growler is made up with the Petrol Head board.
Thanks errrrrr,  Wenchy. ;)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 05:02:59 AM »
On a serious note for a nanosecond?etc

Seems fine by me. I'm still playing with the coloured 'light-up' ball on my mouse  redface:

As for themes, what are you suggesting? We all go Country & Western on Thursday nights?  eeek:
noooo:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 10:14:29 AM »

Seems fine by me. I'm still playing with the coloured 'light-up' ball on my mouse  redface:

As for themes, what are you suggesting? We all go Country & Western on Thursday nights?  eeek:
noooo:

And there was us ~ all thinking how clever you were for setting it all up  confused:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »

noooo:

And there was us ~ all thinking how clever you were for setting it all up  confused:
Bugger!  doh:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 03:45:35 PM »

noooo:

Bugger!  doh:

Well, I never! There's some very dark themes aren't there... 'Ghost Ship' might be appropriate somtimes... about 3am on a Tuesday morning.

And of course you could change the language setting to Albanian when your Karma dips below -120  lol:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 03:47:56 PM »

noooo:

Bugger!  doh:

Well, I never! There's some very dark themes aren't there... 'Ghost Ship' might be appropriate somtimes... about 3am on a Tuesday morning.

And of course you could change the language setting to Albanian when your Karma dips below -120  lol:

WOT? Like next week or something?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 03:52:12 PM »

noooo:

Bugger!  doh:

eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »

noooo:

Bugger!  doh:

eeek:
Personally I don't understand why you've been so heavily smitten but it seems that a Barman's lot is not a happy one confused:
P'raps you'd get some applause if you set up the webcam...  eyes: eyes:

I, however seem to be marooned at ground zero ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »

noooo:

Bugger!  doh:

eeek:
Personally I don't understand why you've been so heavily smitten but it seems that a Barman's lot is not a happy one confused:

I applaud you for the webcam idea?

How do they work? I understand the technology per se but how do you get them outside of your industrial strength firewall? Do you have to have a web site to host them or do they come with their own clever software?

I was just thinking of setting one up for the um sunsets... yes, sunsets.  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 04:38:28 PM »

noooo:

Bugger!  doh:

eeek:

How do they work? I understand the technology per se but how do you get them outside of your industrial strength firewall? Do you have to have a web site to host them or do they come with their own clever software?

I was just thinking of setting one up for the um sunsets... yes, sunsets.  whistle:

Frankly, I don't have clue. I'd just get a webcam, screw it to the wall, point it in the direction of the heaving and rising... erm... sunset, and then erm... plug it into the computer and Bob's yer Uncle  ;D

If some brainless bimbo from Borehamwood can do it (according to the side ads on half of Berek's links eyes:) can do it, I assumed it was quite easy.  confused:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »

noooo:

Bugger!  doh:

eeek:

Frankly, I don't have clue. I'd just get a webcam, screw it to the wall, point it in the direction of the heaving and rising... erm... sunset, and then erm... plug it into the computer and Bob's yer Uncle  ;D

If some brainless bimbo from Borehamwood can do it (according to the side ads on half of Berek's links eyes:) can do it, I assumed it was quite easy.  confused:
Tracy from Borehamwood prolly has little business data to worry about?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you can run it as a feed through the website. We do it at work and my boss is paranoid so it must be secure.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 04:50:09 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you can run it as a feed through the website. We do it at work and my boss is paranoid so it must be secure.
rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 10:35:54 AM »

noooo:
Bugger!  doh:
eeek:

I expect she had a gentleman friend who put it up for her. whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

noooo:
Bugger!  doh:
eeek:

I expect she had a gentleman friend who put it up for her. whistle:
Looks rather as if we're off on another marathon quote-a-thon here!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!