Disgusterous

Author Topic: Empty bar  (Read 651170 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Empty bar
« Reply #1380 on: July 27, 2008, 07:36:04 AM »
About 36c here today. Mowed the lawn at 8am, went to market, sat in the shade for a bit, then siesta, and then into the piazza for an aperitivo or two before the evening barbecue.

Ain't life a bitch  lol:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #1381 on: July 27, 2008, 07:48:45 AM »
I am doing the first barbecue of the year here today as the wearther has changed for the better. Guests have been invited.

I have just looked at metcheck.com which informs me it should start pissing it down at about the time I am due to light the match!  happy088
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #1382 on: July 27, 2008, 07:53:41 AM »
Do what my BiL did. Have your BBQ under a Gazebo (Only £49.99 from most Argos stores).

Anywhoooo the BiL managed to position his BBQ in such a way as to melt the plastic rods supporting one corner of the gazebo which then collapsed onto the BBQ setting the nylon cover aflame.  whistle:

I larfed a lot when news reached me.

Even Nick wouldn't ..................  rubschin:

OK Scrub that last bit.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #1383 on: July 27, 2008, 10:06:02 AM »
Just about to depart for a pint with my dad. Hope there's some food bits on rhe bar.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1384 on: July 27, 2008, 10:13:06 AM »
Just about to depart for a pint with my dad. Hope there's some food bits on rhe bar.

Enjoy it mate. Something I used to do with my Dad as often as I could (Most Sundays in fact for several years) and now he's not there to go with somehow it's just not the same pleasure.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #1385 on: July 27, 2008, 10:14:28 AM »
The pub round the corner from us puts hot roast potatoes on the bar sometimes on a sunday.  cloud9:

They dont last long.
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1386 on: July 27, 2008, 10:19:24 AM »
Do what my BiL did. Have your BBQ under a Gazebo (Only £49.99 from most Argos stores).

Anywhoooo the BiL managed to position his BBQ in such a way as to melt the plastic rods supporting one corner of the gazebo which then collapsed onto the BBQ setting the nylon cover aflame.  whistle:

OK Scrub that last bit.
I was on the beach last year when some people turned up with a plastic table and chairs and one of those little disposable tin-foil barbecues...

No doubt you have already guessed what they did - it melted a rectangular hole right through!  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1387 on: July 27, 2008, 10:22:09 AM »

OK Scrub that last bit.
I was on the beach last year when some people turned up with a plastic table and chairs and one of those little disposable tin-foil barbecues...

No doubt you have already guessed what they did - it melted a rectangular hole right through!  point:

TBH BM Do you, like me, find that it is the idots of this world that make it all worthwhile?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1388 on: July 27, 2008, 10:25:11 AM »
The pub round the corner from us puts hot roast potatoes on the bar sometimes on a sunday.  cloud9:

They dont last long.

We used to do this back in 89/90/91 (Roasties or cheese cubes depending on the weather and what we had in the kitchen ~ did frogs legs a few time too) when we had pubs but the snoopers from the council "public health" dept tried to stop all pubs in the area doing this as they said it was not a hygienic way to serve food.  ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1389 on: July 27, 2008, 10:27:17 AM »

OK Scrub that last bit.

TBH BM Do you, like me, find that it is the idots of this world that make it all worthwhile?
Indeed... it was fun sitting there watching them set it up, light it... and then try to catch it!  happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #1390 on: July 27, 2008, 12:06:21 PM »
Tel is in the saloon bar with his dad - I am outside reading the paper. Weather is glorious today :-)

Lots of scantily clad flesh about - most of it pretty good!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1391 on: July 27, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
And Tel Senior? Well I trust.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #1392 on: July 27, 2008, 12:11:17 PM »
In the circumstances, yes.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #1393 on: July 27, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »
That's all any of us can ask.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #1394 on: July 27, 2008, 04:33:39 PM »
Enjoy it mate. Something I used to do with my Dad as often as I could (Most Sundays in fact for several years) and now he's not there to go with somehow it's just not the same pleasure.

Bugger. Almost brought a tear to the eye that did. As much as I sometimes resented it dragging myself down to Hayling Island once a fortnight for years and taking the old bugger out for a Sunday lunch... dare I say, I miss it.  sad24:

He'd misbehave; he'd piss himself before getting to the loo; he'd leer at the waitresses; he'd say the food wasn't up to much and then have a spotlessly clean plate; he'd smile and the kiddies and then make them cry adjusting his false teeth  eeek:

We'd sit in the car watching the seagulls and the far distant ships listening to Any Answers on the radio. Then he'd say something like "That Tony Blair's a right tit isn't he?"

followed by "It's strange when you fire the ship's guns over the horizon because you can only see about 25 miles at sea because of the curvature of the earth..."

We've lost some good 'uns.
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"