Author Topic: Empty bar  (Read 650882 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: Empty bar
« Reply #1890 on: September 18, 2008, 05:25:04 PM »
Or Nationwide Building Society, my wonderful ex-employers...

Or at least they were until the Northern bean counter took over.

I sincerely hope his penis wilts and he suffers a biblical plague of piles.

Still, he did give us a nice pay-off...

GB - same initials as another bloke who failed at the job he so desired...

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #1891 on: September 18, 2008, 05:29:50 PM »
The whole place is going down the tubes ~ Gordo has lost the plot completely and thinks he is the next Messiah.

I'm sorry but someone is going to say it:

He's not the messiah, he's a very dozy boy.

(apologies to the Monty Python team for butchering one of their lines)  redface:

I've said this for a while now but the Prime Minister should not be allowed to directly choose any member of the cabinet, neither should they be MP's.

The PM should have a list of candidates who he would like to see take the post and they do into a selection process that is also open to the public to apply for. Have an independant body choose the most suitable candidates giving us a better chance of a government that can tell its elbow from its arse and constituencies that have an MP who will focus their time on them.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #1892 on: September 19, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »
It was the scream that woke me.

Mrs TMR(to be) had gone to the loo in the middle of the night and then the scream.

Rushing in to expect to find at least a scorpion or Komodo (commode?!) Dragon, I find the cause of the scream

A little orange and yellow lizard with large black eyes blinking at me, not used to the light.

Lovely little thing, it studied us for a few more seconds and then scampered into a tiny crack in the skirting board.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #1893 on: September 19, 2008, 08:48:18 AM »
The news becomes more surreal by the hour. I have never understood the operations of the money markets and teh Stock Exchange.It is now becoming clear that most of those who work inthat business have not a clue either. And as for the "Government".They are running aound in ever decreasing circles. If Gordo emerges from the Labour conference as Leader I shall be very surprised.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #1894 on: September 19, 2008, 08:50:13 AM »
I hope he emerges from the conference in a casket.

Online Nick

« Reply #1895 on: September 19, 2008, 08:52:41 AM »
The security operation is massive. Most of the area around the conference centre is being sealed off to prevent the Cabinet being murdered  noooo:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #1896 on: September 19, 2008, 08:56:34 AM »
I give it six months before we start seeing civil disturbances. It might be as early as November 5th, when the "march" on Parliament is planned.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1897 on: September 19, 2008, 09:22:51 AM »
The news becomes more surreal by the hour. I have never understood the operations of the money markets and teh Stock Exchange.It is now becoming clear that most of those who work inthat business have not a clue either. And as for the "Government".They are running aound in ever decreasing circles. If Gordo emerges from the Labour conference as Leader I shall be very surprised.
Spiralling into oblivion hopefully...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #1898 on: September 19, 2008, 09:24:20 AM »
To be replaced by...........?

You had the good sense to leave the country. We almost emigrated to Spain this year, but decided against it.I would certainly go abroad now if I had the chance. When The Boy is old enough I shall advise him to move abraod. At his new (grammar) school (Balls want to get rid of them) he will learn three languages, including Chinese. It should give him a few chances.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:26:08 AM by Nick »

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1899 on: September 19, 2008, 09:28:51 AM »
To be replaced by...........?

You had the good sense to leave the country. We almost emigrated to Spain this year, but decided against it.I would certainly go abroad now if I had the chance. When The Boy is old enough I shall advise him to move abraod. At his new (grammar) school (Balls want to get rid of them) he will learn three languages, including Chinese. It should give him a few chances.
Good question... the country can't take much more of this shower of shite tho...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #1900 on: September 19, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »
We discovered last night, that Youngs have embarked on a cost-cutting exercise.

The TVs were turned off!

About ten in the bar but nobody facing the screens.
To have them turned on, at least 5 customers must vote.

When the guvnor went out for a fag break, we turned both TVs back, one for Man City match and one for Portsmouth game.

RTFM

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #1901 on: September 19, 2008, 11:34:11 AM »
Indeed. We are at the edge of a global economic meltdown and the only outcome will be severe hardship for countless millions of people who simply don't deserve it. The "movers and shakers" of Wall Streey and The City of London are ultimately responsible for the suffering that will ensue.

Untold misery due to the greed and cavalier attitude of those who we mistakenly have to trust. I wish them all a life of hard labour, breaking rocks and eating maggot infested slop. May their BMWs burn and their Villas vapourise. May their token wives succumb to rabid cellulite, droopy tits and massive hair loss. May their pampered pooches get fleas and their golf clubs burn to the ground. May their caviar give them dysentry and may their private jets fall from the sky.

Bunch of custards.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #1902 on: September 19, 2008, 11:38:33 AM »
Indeed. We are at the edge of a global economic meltdown and the only outcome will be severe hardship for countless millions of people who simply don't deserve it. The "movers and shakers" of Wall Streey and The City of London are ultimately responsible for the suffering that will ensue.

Untold misery due to the greed and cavalier attitude of those who we mistakenly have to trust. I wish them all a life of hard labour, breaking rocks and eating maggot infested slop. May their BMWs burn and their Villas vapourise. May their token wives succumb to rabid cellulite, droopy tits and massive hair loss. May their pampered pooches get fleas and their golf clubs burn to the ground. May their caviar give them dysentry and may their private jets fall from the sky.

Bunch of custards.
happ096
That seems to sum it up quite neatly.
I mostly despair

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #1903 on: September 19, 2008, 11:43:40 AM »
Tel, bet they don't turn the gee-gees off...there would be a riot, with old people spitting out their false teeth...

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #1904 on: September 19, 2008, 11:46:22 AM »
There was speculation as to how Ray would react. He is there on his lonesome most afternoons.

RTFM