Disgusterous

Author Topic: Empty bar  (Read 651381 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Empty bar
« Reply #2625 on: February 05, 2009, 05:09:22 PM »
Yer knee is fooked ~ £180 please. ......................... Seems like a good business to be in with the bonus of getting the odd female limb to caress.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2626 on: February 05, 2009, 05:10:15 PM »
Would he be in the market for a rug?  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2627 on: February 05, 2009, 05:12:05 PM »
She didn't like it once she saw it in the house?  point:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #2628 on: February 05, 2009, 05:16:28 PM »
Yer knee is fooked ~ £180 please. ......................... Seems like a good business to be in with the bonus of getting the odd female limb to caress.

You should have seen the waiting room  eyes:

And I wore specially baggy trousers so I wouldn't have to drop me kecks, like. He actually commented that I wouldn't believe the women that turned up in skin tights jeans etc.  eeek:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2629 on: February 05, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »

You should have seen the waiting room  eyes:

And I wore specially baggy trousers so I wouldn't have to drop me kecks, like. He actually commented that I wouldn't believe the women that turned up in skin tights jeans etc.  eeek:

Oh I would  eyes:

It has not gone unnoticed that both wives have always donned their "bestest" (read sexiest) undies when visiting the doctor ~ even for tonsilitis

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2630 on: February 06, 2009, 08:49:33 AM »
But can you fix backs and knees and stuff?

Thinking about it ~ can he?  rubschin:

Good point! This was for an 'opinion'

Do you need a second opinion?

I have a minor veterinary qualification and will take cash.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2631 on: February 06, 2009, 08:53:10 AM »
But can you fix backs and knees and stuff?

Thinking about it ~ can he?  rubschin:

Good point! This was for an 'opinion'

Do you need a second opinion?

I have a minor veterinary qualification and will take cash.
I can offer a virtual consultation for fifty quid - not a word to the taxman like...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2632 on: February 06, 2009, 09:00:52 AM »
As a wumman I can always offer an opinion - whether I am qualified to do so or not  lol:
Skubber

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #2633 on: February 06, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »
Opinions?  I'm going around in circles with this  sad24:

The latest one is to do ditch the insurance company and find another who will insure me, which is probably not a bad idea...  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2634 on: February 06, 2009, 12:15:38 PM »
Opinions?  I'm going around in circles with this  sad24:

The latest one is to do ditch the insurance company and find another who will insure me, which is probably not a bad idea...  rubschin:
They'll exclude any pre-existing conditions tho...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #2635 on: February 06, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
Yes, that is the line they spout...

But, say you sprain your ankle once; how long does that remain a pre-existing condition?  rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2636 on: February 06, 2009, 12:25:11 PM »

But, say you sprain your ankle once; how long does that remain a pre-existing condition?  rubschin:

As long as it suits them  whistle:

Which translates that it will cease to be a pre-existing condition until you try to make a claim for anything remotely connected to your ankle, leg, foot and then they will bring it into play as a means of avoiding paying out.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2637 on: February 06, 2009, 12:29:51 PM »

As long as it suits them  whistle:

Which translates that it will cease to be a pre-existing condition until you try to make a claim for anything remotely connected to your ankle, leg, foot and then they will bring it into play as a means of avoiding paying out.
Correct.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #2638 on: February 06, 2009, 12:43:13 PM »
Fooked then!  cry:

I'm hoping to try and get a "clean bill of health" via x-rays / MRI showing nothing wrong  Shrugs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2639 on: February 06, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »
Not quite medical insurance but closely related:
Obviously when gainfully employed I had a number of credit cards and when illness struck (heart problems) I had some time off work. Quite a period in fact and claimed on my insurance cover. Payments were duly made by the insurers. In fact they do not, as implied, pay off your cards but they do maintain your monthly minimum payments. On return to work I took up making my own payments again. About six months or so later one of the card companies wrote to tell me that they had sought and found a "better deal for customers and accordingly my insurance would henceforth be with XYZ company".
XYZ Insurers wrote to welcome me as a customer and assured me of their best attentions at all times and enclosed their telephone help line number etc.
A year later I was "retired" due to ill health and I again claimed against my various insurers. All paid up with the exception of XYZ Insurance Co Ltd who weaselled their way out of paying by claiming that I had failed to inform them of the pre-existing condition. I took the matter up with the credit card company who said it was not their problem and would I please pay them. I wrote pointing out that when they took over the business XYZ Insurance Co Ltd had presumably performed the usual "due diligence" on the risks they had accepted and that since their predecessors had paid out for this condition they must have known about it when they accepted my premiums. Took it first to their MD who said Foxtrot Oscar so I went to the Insurance Ombudsman who, after 6 months of "investigation" said that he agreed that I had failed to notify the insurers of my condition ~ he did agree that it was clearly shown in the files that they had taken over but that the obligation was on me to have informed them ~ despite their not having asked or sent me any new proposal forms ~ simply a letter saying they had taken over the policy lock, stock and barrel.
No amount of argument would sway them so I refused to pay and we ended up in the County Court ~ who upheld the claim against me "despite having some sympathy with my case" but pointed out that my argument was with the insurers and not the credit card company who had arbitrarily appointed them thus my "debt" to the bank still had to be paid.
Further negotiation by me persuaded the bank to accept that my case had some merit and that I had tried to make sensible provision for covering the debt in the event of ill health. This coupled with a threat to "Go to the Press" got them to waive all accrued interest and we finally settled on a figure of 50% in full and final payment of the debt.

The moral is "Do not trust insurance companies" ~ they are there to make money, not to help the suckers who pay their premiums.
It gives me great pleasure to see that the bank concerned has now all but collapsed (Yes ~ it was City Bank of America) and that the insurance company have long since gone out of business.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:54:25 PM by Snoopy »