Disgusterous

Author Topic: BM's All New "Ouch that's another skinned knuckle" Mini Restoration Thread  (Read 249482 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: BM's All New "Ouch that's another skinned knuckle" Mini Restoration Thread
« Reply #1890 on: November 10, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
I got the tools to clock it.........let me know when you are next this way.......... :thumbsup:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #1891 on: November 10, 2012, 01:09:05 PM »
 nonono:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1892 on: November 10, 2012, 01:37:03 PM »
Really dunno why your bothering tbqath. noooo:

It's an old car, regardless of condition, so the mileage showing on the clock is almost irrelevant now.
Only 100,000 mile clock on it anyway, so whose to say it hasn't already been 'round the clock in the past?

IF your planning on selling it in the near future, then a potential buyer will be far more impressed by its condition than what the milo' is saying....unless you were cionsidering stating that the 5,000 miles showing is genuine of course. eeek: eeek:

Just my opinions of course. whistle:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 01:39:15 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #1893 on: November 10, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »

It's an old car, regardless of condition, so the mileage showing on the clock is almost irrelevant now.
Only 100,000 mile clock on it anyway, so whose to say it hasn't already been 'round the clock in the past?

IF your planning on selling it in the near future, then a potential buyer will be far more impressed by its condition than what the milo' is saying....unless you were cionsidering stating that the 5,000 miles showing is genuine of course. eeek: eeek:

I'm sure it has been around at least once!  lol:

I just thought while it was apart it would be fun to set it back to zero...

When I looked at it I had visions of a loud 'PING' and crawling around the kitchen floor looking for the parts...  noooo:

Anyhooo.... did you like the pictures...? Whit til you see it now like!  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1894 on: November 10, 2012, 05:27:56 PM »
Have you lined the whole interior with that silver finished sound deadening material then?

Vaugley remember talking about that a few months ago.

Looking good man. :thumbsup:

I WAS going to take my The Beast  out for its final show of the year tomozo (Uttoxeter), but the forecast is for quite a heavy frost tonight, so that means JOM and his merry nationwide men will be chucking tin worm seeds down everywhere. evil:  Banghead

Not bothering now, as even if the roads are dry, salt 'dust' is going to get into every tiny little nook, cranny and crevice underneath it, and quietly nibble away. evil:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1895 on: November 10, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »

Not sure if this should be in confessions .............but years ago I was one of the 1st people able to change the then new digital speedos (no savile jokes) ..........only for breakers yards and new engines of course .......... whistle:         

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1896 on: November 10, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »
Doesn't completely work on todays motors, as the true mileage is stored on the ECU, as my mate showed me when he was sevicing my car with the VAG com.
True mileage was actually about 250 miles lower than the milo' was displaying.

Some clocked motors simply revert back to the true mileage when you turn the ignition on apparently.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1897 on: November 10, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
Doesn't completely work on todays motors, as the true mileage is stored on the ECU, as my mate showed me when he was sevicing my car with the VAG com.

Some clocked motors simply revert back to the true mileage when you turn the ignition on apparently.

Merc started that first but the clockers used to go tho the ecu ,,,,,,,,,,,on the older 3 series a lynx cap fitted on the ecu exactly ...........so I am told ......... whistle:

or de-solder the chip from the board ....... :thumbsup:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1898 on: November 10, 2012, 07:05:56 PM »

Merc started that first but the clockers used to go tho the ecu ,,,,,,,,,,,on the older 3 series a lynx cap fitted on the ecu exactly ...........so I am told ......... whistle:

or de-solder the chip from the board ....... :thumbsup:

Well you see, you got me there now, 'cus I'm squeaky clean, honest guv. :thumbsup:

Actually never ceases to amaze me the number of times you still hear about traders/garages getting prosecuted for clocking mileages. eeek:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:08:10 PM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1899 on: November 10, 2012, 07:12:35 PM »
I have a lickle confession to make actually on this subject.

Every tiime I go up 'me 'ill  cloud9:, I let the car drift slowly out of the car park and downhill 2+ miles to the main road with the ignition turned off.
Always start her up before moving to get a bit of pressure in the servo in case I need to brake (rarely), and the steering isn't actually that heavy without the assistance.

Must have collectively not registered about 1000 miles over the years.... eeek: just werked that out!  eeek:

rubschin: 2+ tanks of fuel too! £100+!! cloud9:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 07:14:14 PM by GROWLER »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1900 on: November 10, 2012, 07:17:32 PM »
My van has 211,000 plus on it ........still going strong ........barring punctures..... evil:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1901 on: November 10, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »
My van has 211,000 plus on it ........still going strong ........barring punctures..... evil:

Make/model?

Bet it's a Jap? rubschin:

Still haven't got a spare for me van following this weeks theft, bastards.
I will not be best pleased if I get a puncture. noooo:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1902 on: November 10, 2012, 07:46:38 PM »

Make/model?

mitsubishi space wagon (van )   old n battered ,,,,,,,,,,but does the job ......not sure of the year but prob early 90s ...........

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #1903 on: November 10, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »

Make/model?

mitsubishi space wagon (van )   old n battered ,,,,,,,,,,but does the job ......not sure of the year but prob early 90s ...........

Just the jobbie matey, just the jobbie.
No worries about car park dents and scratches then. :thumbsup:

Actually makes a massive amount of financial sense having an owld trustworthy cheap banger instead of worrying yerself sick about some flash shiny new hugely expensive piece of future unreliable shite.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #1904 on: November 10, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »

Make/model?

Just the jobbie matey, just the jobbie.
No worries about car park dents and scratches then. :thumbsup:

Actually makes a massive amount of financial sense having an owld trustworthy cheap banger instead of worrying yerself sick about some flash shiny new hugely expensive piece of future unreliable shite.

It got TWO washes this year ........... :thumbsup: