Disgusterous

Author Topic: BM's All New "Ouch that's another skinned knuckle" Mini Restoration Thread  (Read 249743 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
He can borrow mine ~ 8 mph top whack and 25 miles between charges...... it may take some time.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Is he travelling by scooter?  ::)

No, a 7? tonne truck with all me bits in it like...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Water drained, radiator and shroud removed....  cloud9:

The rate you're going, you'll have this at a show before the autumn! eeek:

You going to get a 'down to the metal' respray done btw?
What colur is it going to be?

If you're going to change it, it HAS to be Bronze Yellow,  cloud9: but it will then have to be painted inside as well as out.  whistle:

That black roof just isn't right and wasn't an option either. noooo:

i may be wrong btw...I usually am, but I'm sure the GT decals down the side should be in red and not black on the white models. rubschin:

I like black/white, I think it suits it... Mind you, black isn't a brilliant roof colour for a Mediterranean island....  noooo:

I have the 'V5' here but it is all Greek to me... I think it says the colour is just 'white'...

And I found some remains of decals inside the car so they clearly aren't originals or have perhaps been repaired/re-applied if they are...

So yes, I'm keen on bare metal and perhaps a sensible thing to do would be to lose the black roof for aesthetic and practical reasons....  happy088

I know a man with a D/A sander,(240 v) a mahoosive supply of sanding discs and a fair amount of patience for such little tasks. ;)

When can you get here!  cloud9:

When's MD coming over?  rubschin:

We'll need feeding and 'watering' you know, and entertaining in the evenings like after a 'ard day grinding away at Me Mi. ;)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Sorry, didn't tell you I'd christened it 'Me Mi' did I?  redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!

If you're going to change it, it HAS to be Bronze Yellow,  cloud9: but it will then have to be painted inside as well as out.  whistle:

i may be wrong btw...I usually am, but I'm sure the GT decals down the side should be in red and not black on the white models. rubschin:

I like black/white, I think it suits it... Mind you, black isn't a brilliant roof colour for a Mediterranean island....  noooo:

I have the 'V5' here but it is all Greek to me... I think it says the colour is just 'white'...

And I found some remains of decals inside the car so they clearly aren't originals or have perhaps been repaired/re-applied if they are...

So yes, I'm keen on bare metal and perhaps a sensible thing to do would be to lose the black roof for aesthetic and practical reasons....  happy088

I know a man with a D/A sander,(240 v) a mahoosive supply of sanding discs and a fair amount of patience for such little tasks. ;)

We'll need feeding and 'watering' you know, and entertaining in the evenings like after a 'ard day grinding away at Me Mi. ;)

MD July 6 to July 12... I don't think she'd ever forgive me if I spent the week fettling with Me Mi tho....  scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

She can help,like

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster

MD July 6 to July 12... I don't think she'd ever forgive me if I spent the week fettling with Me Mi tho....  scared2:

WHAT! eeek:

You a man or a mouse? eeek:

She can pay her way and get grinding like the rest of us FFS man.  eveilgrin:

SHAKE YERSELF UP!  eveilgrin:

Offline Nick

Growler could entertain her for hours with his pigeon impressions.What more could a gerly ask for? Apart from unconsciousness of course.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!

WHAT! eeek:

You a man or a mouse? eeek:

She can pay her way and get grinding like the rest of us FFS man.  eveilgrin:

SHAKE YERSELF UP!  eveilgrin:

noooo:

I'm avin a week off that week... You're welcome to come before tho... or after I get back from the UK with loadsabits!  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

Having a week off from what? All you do is fook about.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster

I did wonder meself like...a bit like. rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!

lol: lol: lol:

A week off from werkin on Mi Mini like...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster

lol: lol: lol:

A week off from werkin on Mi Mini like...  whistle:

FFS, get it right will you. ::)
This is important, very.

It's ME MI, pronounced MEE MEE, not bloody MI MINI. ::)

Right it out a thousand times. evil:

Offline Nick

Or even "write"  whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
I have to say this thread is giving me more pleasure than many have  lol:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.