Disgusterous

Author Topic: Just how bad can a tradgedy be?  (Read 2019 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Just how bad can a tradgedy be?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
My two were 15 and 17 when Mrs S#1 and I split. Access had to be on her terms. I was allowed to arrive at 0900 on a Saturday morning and collect them from the kerb outside the house. I had to return them at 9pm. This took much negotiating, financial arrangements and a Judge's order to achieve.
WTF was I supposed to do with them? They had no interest in spending a day with me. My daughter, bless her, used to make jokes about "How many McDonald's Happy Meals does Mum think we can eat?" and if it was raining she would say "Can we go to the zoo?"
In the end the boy used to get me to drop him off at his girlfriend's house (Well dad, that's what you would be doing if you still lived with us") and the daughter and I would mooch around every bloody country house and museum in Beds, Bucks and Oxon. After about 6 months of this nonsense the boy moved in with his GF (he had reached 18) and the daughter became such a fvcking pest to her mother's love life that the not yet ex phoned the Mrs SBB and asked her if she could send the girl to live with us for 6 months "Before I strangle her".
Next thing we knew was that the boy split with his GF and he too moved into our flat so I ended up with both of them for the next three years on and off until one then the other got married.
Strange thing is that whenever (at family occasions) I happen to meet the ex she always gives me to strongest hints that she would not be averse to a bit of hanky panky in the car/nearest hotel or behind a tree if necessary. It seems that she fancies me now that we are apart more than she ever did when we were together.

Wimmin??????  Shrugs:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 10:07:33 PM »
Back to the original topic, I mean, just how dreadful must it be to lose your only two children in the space of just two years?
I really really cannot begin to even imagine just how absolutely devastated they are.
Just how bad can someones luck.....for want of a much more suitable word...actually be?

I don't know these familes, but I tell you I feel so so sad and helpless for them.
I can't even bare to look at the pictures of these two children anymore.

Give them strength to carry on, as I don't know if I could given the situation tbqh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cumbria/8705788.stm

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
Right. My big sis is on her annual family week in Filey. Most of her 17 grandhildren ( eeek:), beach hut, donkeys, sandcastles, fish'n'chips, more donkeys, scooters, wetsuits, boating, beach cricket etc. Kids all muck in together. Adults cook and take turns to keep an eye.

Me and The Boy are invited.

Mrs Nick says NO. She is taking the Boy into werk with her instead. I fucking despair.

Once I have sorted out my move it will be court
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:34 AM »
Seems like you have no other option unfortunately  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:30 AM »
Getting a court order regarding access is the easy bit ~ Persuading the other party to comply or getting anyone to enforce the order is the hard part. Good Luck!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 10:11:36 AM »
Nick, sorry to hear that, sadly, a familiar story

I'm sure you already are, but keep records of every attempt you make to make contact, be it letter, phone or knocking on the door. People have convenient memory lapses when it comes down to sorting things out and it will help in proving that you have made the effort and that you were blocked in those efforts on a repeated basis. Best of luck
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 10:14:45 AM »
Oh I am JOM. And so is my solicitor.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile