Author Topic: Bastards!  (Read 951 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Bastards!
« on: June 07, 2010, 06:10:01 AM »
Woken at god-knows-what o'clock this morning by a text message...

Lept out of bed assuming bad news (LL's mother is in a coma now) only to find this: -

CONGRATS! Your mobile num has Won u500,000,00GBP in the NOKIA UK PROMO. Email your name & num to our London office...

Utter bastards!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Bastards!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:09 AM »

Lept out of bed assuming bad news (LL's mother is in a coma now) only to find this: -

CONGRATS! Your mobile num has Won u500,000,00GBP in the NOKIA UK PROMO. Email your name & num to our London office...

Never mind, now you have all that money, you can pay someone to look after your mobile and only wake you if it is urgent.

I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 07:55:40 AM »

Never mind, now you have all that money, you can pay someone to look after your mobile and only wake you if it is urgent.

rubschin:

I hadn't thought of it that way Darwin!  cloud9:

How are turnip futures?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 08:36:28 AM »
I'd be ringing them up and giving them absolute hell if I was you, in fact, apparently, so it's rumoured like, I think I probably qualify for being of the right material to ring 'em up for you. eveilgrin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »
I'd be ringing them up and giving them absolute hell if I was you, in fact, apparently, so it's rumoured like, I think I probably qualify for being of the right material to ring 'em up for you. eveilgrin:

I thought of that but it is problee one of those nine hundred Pounds a minute numbers so they completely screw you while patiently listening to your ranting!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 08:38:14 AM »
How are turnip futures?

Looking up.  ;D

I can help you invest some of your winnings. . .
I mostly despair

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »

I thought of that but it is problee one of those nine hundred Pounds a minute numbers so they completely screw you while patiently listening to your ranting!  cussing:

I used to call them from my work phone to complain.  redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »

lol: lol: lol:

And what did the bastards say?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 05:31:55 PM »

We are velly velly solly won't happen again  ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »

And did it...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 05:41:43 PM »

And did it...?

What do you think! I had to make about six phone calls, during the last one I ended up asking to speak to supervisor and then their supervisor etc. After 20 mins I ended up having a shouting match with someone and after that never had another call.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »

And did it...?

What do you think! I had to make about six phone calls, during the last one I ended up asking to speak to supervisor and then their supervisor etc. After 20 mins I ended up having a shouting match with someone and after that never had another call.

rubschin:

I'll see what happens tonight like...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 08:59:21 PM »

And did it...?

Im other words you ended up speaking with the agent sat next to hum, then the next agent along etc...
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 09:03:37 PM »
Some twat called Tracey Mullins called from Bangalore earlier about some survey.I asked her for her real name.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 05:53:16 AM »
No more prize-winning text messages thankfully...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: