Disgusterous

Author Topic: Minging thieving Italian taxis!  (Read 2909 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Minging thieving Italian taxis!
« on: June 14, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
TRYING to sort out transport from Venice Marco Polo airport to the resort we're going to next week, a measly 35 miles down the coast.

Don't particulary want to hire a car tbh, as the site we're staying at has all that is required.
Pool for the kids and an ale 'ouse and tv for me.
Car would just be sitting there unused for most of the week.

Taxi would be a good idea thinks me. No messin' about, probably about 50 snotters each way at the most, which is more than I'd expect to pay in the UK in all honesty, but we're talking ripping the tourist off here, so I added in that factor. ::)

Oh no, oh no no no. Not even remotely close.

Cheapest I could find was a cool £485. eeek:
One was asking for £950!!! happy001
That was return mind you, generous ey, thieving utter Italiano scum bags. Angry9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Minging thieving Italian taxis!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 03:32:24 AM »
Are you going to Italy then...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:04:58 AM »

"                                                   "
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 07:35:30 AM »
Are you going to Italy then...?  rubschin:

I think my post indicates that, yes.

Do I feel some pedantism coming on somehow? ::)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:36:17 AM »
Get a bus, like
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:45:11 AM »
Get a bus, like

So where's the bus station and timetable, and will it be written in English, as I speak no Italian at all, oh, and where's the bus stop at the end of the journey in relation to where we've got to carry 4 suitcases?
I'll probably need a holiday after trying to sort that lot out. Banghead

Hire car beckons unfortunately.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:46:52 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:10:12 AM »
I know I am asking for trouble here but surely your travel agent will be able to arrange transport between airport and resort (hotel/apartment or whatever). I have yet to see a package holiday that doesn't include "Transfers".

Now I realise that you may have booked flights yourself, you may have booked your accommodation yourself and in fact you may have avoided using a travel agent altogether in which case haven't you left it a little late to start wondering how to get between the two?

Italy is full of buses and railway lines. Both will connect with the airport and if you are going to a resort then the resort will have transport links with the airport and vice versa. As for not speaking the language ~ why go there if you cannot even understand the sign for BUS
Here's a clue:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »
 scared:
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »
Where in any of my posts have I actually stated that I don't understand 'signs' with a picture of a bus/train/aircraft/horse and cart on it? Shrugs:

I don't SPEAK the language however, so actually conversing with an Italian bus driver that also doesn't speak English could possibly cause some problems, especially with if 5 fat Mamas are standing waiting to get on said bus hollering "Mama Mia"...not the musical I hasten to add before some smart arse quips in with a one liner.... at me.

The company we booked with cannot offer transfers other than a taxi for £465 that we turned down 3 weeks ago, hence the reason for attempting to sort it out myself.

I don't want to arrive at the airport to be faced with hours of trauma trying to discover how the blazes we are going to get to the resort 35 miles away other than paying 'footballers wages' style prices for a bloody taxi.

I wasn't asking in here for a solution, or unhelpful sarcasm, just a rant about the price of a taxi, that's all.

As I say, car hire now beckons @ approx £220 for the week.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:40:35 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 09:38:26 AM »
scared:

Yes I know but honestly ~ you'd think he'd been taking lessons from Nick ::)

No I retract that ~ even Nick can manage to get from an airport to his hotel.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
Where in any of my posts have I actually stated that I don't understand 'signs' with a picture of a bus/train/aircraft/horse and cart on it? Shrugs:

I don't SPEAK the language however, so actually conversing with an Italian bus driver that also doesn't speak English could possibly cause some problems, especially with if 5 fat Mamas are standing waiting to get on said bus hollering "Mama Mia"...not the musical I hasten to add before some smart arse quips in with a one liner.... at me.

The company we booked with cannot offer transfers other than a taxi for £465 that we turned down 3 weeks ago, hence the reason for attempting to sort it out myself.

I don't want to arrive at the airport to be faced with hours of trauma trying to discover how the blazes we are going to get to the resort 35 miles away other than paying 'footballers wages' style prices for a bloody taxi.

I wasn't asking in here for a solution, just a rant about the price of a taxi, that's all.

And who exactly forced you into booking this holiday with all the attendant problems?

No forget I asked .... I don't want to fight over this. It is just too ridiculous for words.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:41:48 AM by Snoopy »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
scared:

Yes I know but honestly ~ you'd think he'd been taking lessons from Nick ::)

No I retract that ~ even Nick can manage to get from an airport to his hotel.

Christ on a bike, how many times?

Actually getting from the airport TO the camp site is NOT the problem, it's the bloody COST OF A TAXI/TRANSFER, whatever that I'm going on about! Banghead

I WILL be hiring a car, pre booked on this thing, and WE WILL therefore be able to transfer ourselves back and forth without any hassle.
Key Camp DO NOT offer transfers other than a taxi @ £465, ok? ::)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 09:48:17 AM »

I wasn't asking in here for a solution, just a rant about the price of a taxi, that's all.

And who exactly forced you into booking this holiday with all the attendant problems?

No forget I asked .... I don't want to fight over this. It is just too ridiculous for words.

I didn't book it. I never wanted to go in the first place, but I'm doing the 'happy family' thing to keep everyone content.

Your constant ridiculing of ME lately is also too ridiculous for words.
Let's end this conversation now I suggest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2010, 09:56:02 AM »
Suits me chum

But I would deny ever ridiculing you. I treat you as I treat everyone else ~ in fact given your known propensity to blow your stack and storm off in a huff I have gone out of my way not to take the p*ss out of you. No need to apologise for your baseless accusations though just have a nice holiday.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »
. . even Nick can manage to get from an airport to his hotel.

Be fair though, it would be the wrong hotel, or have burned down if it was the right one.
I mostly despair