Author Topic: Fresh from the Inbox  (Read 768263 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Fresh from the Inbox
« Reply #7230 on: September 04, 2024, 09:58:24 AM »
A bloke is walking round town when he sees a pub with a sign advertising "All the Lager You Can Drink for 50p!" He thinks that's a brilliant deal so he goes in, sits down, hands the barman 50p and asks for a Fosters.

"Coming right up" says the barman as he pulls out a tiny shot glass and fills it up halfway. The man is stunned. "What the hell is this?" he asks.

"That's all the lager you can drink for 50p."

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #7231 on: September 04, 2024, 11:05:50 AM »
A bloke is walking round town when he sees a pub with a sign advertising "All the Lager You Can Drink for 50p!" He thinks that's a brilliant deal so he goes in, sits down, hands the barman 50p and asks for a Fosters.

"Coming right up" says the barman as he pulls out a tiny shot glass and fills it up halfway. The man is stunned. "What the hell is this?" he asks.

"That's all the lager you can drink for 50p."

smile: smile: smile:

happy001

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7232 on: September 10, 2024, 11:52:47 AM »
Not the Inbox, The Telegraph today...

Quote from: Michael Deacon
Straight talking
Dan Levy – the Emmy-winning star and creator of the globally acclaimed TV series Schitt’s Creek – is very proud of his show’s success. This, he explains, is because he’s gay – and in the entertainment industry, gay people “don’t get the same opportunities as other people… The opportunities that do come are very rare.”

I’m sure we can all see exactly what he means. Because, if there’s one thing everyone knows about the world of showbiz, it’s that it’s screamingly heterosexual.

From pop music to reality TV, and from pantomime to musical theatre, it’s hard to think of a more rigidly old-fashioned bastion of heteronormativity than the performing arts. As a result, opportunities for gay actors, singers, presenters, writers and dancers are few and far between. Which is why the entertainment industry is dominated by flaming heterosexuals like Sir Elton John, Stephen Fry, Graham Norton, Craig Revel-Horwood, Alan Carr, Bruno Tonioli, Russell T Davies, Sir Ian McKellen, Alan Bennett, Sue Perkins, Matt Lucas, Boy George, Sam Smith, RuPaul, Sandi Toksvig, Andrew Scott, Sir Derek Jacobi, Kristen Stewart, Rupert Everett, Miriam Margolyes, Cynthia Nixon, Julian Clary and Christopher Biggins.

Thankfully, though, it seems that there is at last hope of a breakthrough. This month sees the launch of Queer Theatre, a London-based LGBTQ+ theatre and production company that, its founders say, is “dedicated to nurturing queer talent”.

I wish all involved the best of luck. Indeed, the news has inspired me to take action, too. Because, in the same spirit, I’ve decided to set up a support group for heterosexual builders.

Just as gay men are notoriously thin on the ground in the world of showbiz, heterosexual men have always found it desperately difficult to break into the construction industry. Since time immemorial, building sites have been the almost exclusive domain of flamboyantly camp gay men, endlessly blasting out their favourite show tunes, leering over photos of topless hunks in the latest issue of Attitude, and shouting rude comments at female passersby (“Where DID you get those simply FRIGHTFUL shoes, darling? They’re SO last season”).

Sadly, the near total lack of straight representation in the construction industry discourages heterosexual men from entering. With enough support and encouragement, however, I firmly believe that my plucky little group of heterosexual builders can finally break the glass ceiling. And then fix it again, for a reasonable price.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #7233 on: September 10, 2024, 12:57:24 PM »
Not the Inbox, The Telegraph today...

Quote from: Michael Deacon
Straight talking
Dan Levy – the Emmy-winning star and creator of the globally acclaimed TV series Schitt’s Creek – is very proud of his show’s success. This, he explains, is because he’s gay – and in the entertainment industry, gay people “don’t get the same opportunities as other people… The opportunities that do come are very rare.”

I’m sure we can all see exactly what he means. Because, if there’s one thing everyone knows about the world of showbiz, it’s that it’s screamingly heterosexual.

From pop music to reality TV, and from pantomime to musical theatre, it’s hard to think of a more rigidly old-fashioned bastion of heteronormativity than the performing arts. As a result, opportunities for gay actors, singers, presenters, writers and dancers are few and far between. Which is why the entertainment industry is dominated by flaming heterosexuals like Sir Elton John, Stephen Fry, Graham Norton, Craig Revel-Horwood, Alan Carr, Bruno Tonioli, Russell T Davies, Sir Ian McKellen, Alan Bennett, Sue Perkins, Matt Lucas, Boy George, Sam Smith, RuPaul, Sandi Toksvig, Andrew Scott, Sir Derek Jacobi, Kristen Stewart, Rupert Everett, Miriam Margolyes, Cynthia Nixon, Julian Clary and Christopher Biggins.

Thankfully, though, it seems that there is at last hope of a breakthrough. This month sees the launch of Queer Theatre, a London-based LGBTQ+ theatre and production company that, its founders say, is “dedicated to nurturing queer talent”.

I wish all involved the best of luck. Indeed, the news has inspired me to take action, too. Because, in the same spirit, I’ve decided to set up a support group for heterosexual builders.

Just as gay men are notoriously thin on the ground in the world of showbiz, heterosexual men have always found it desperately difficult to break into the construction industry. Since time immemorial, building sites have been the almost exclusive domain of flamboyantly camp gay men, endlessly blasting out their favourite show tunes, leering over photos of topless hunks in the latest issue of Attitude, and shouting rude comments at female passersby (“Where DID you get those simply FRIGHTFUL shoes, darling? They’re SO last season”).

Sadly, the near total lack of straight representation in the construction industry discourages heterosexual men from entering. With enough support and encouragement, however, I firmly believe that my plucky little group of heterosexual builders can finally break the glass ceiling. And then fix it again, for a reasonable price.

smile: ;D smile:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7234 on: September 22, 2024, 08:03:45 AM »
If an empire is run by an emperor and a kingdom is run by a king, is the UK now just a country?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #7235 on: September 22, 2024, 12:50:55 PM »
If an empire is run by an emperor and a kingdom is run by a king, is the UK now just a country?  rubschin:

lol:

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7236 on: September 24, 2024, 09:32:30 AM »

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!