Disgusterous

Author Topic: Are you born clumsy ?  (Read 4917 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: Are you born clumsy ?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2010, 03:28:17 PM »
DS is right - always sniff; your nose will tell you a damn sight more than any sell by/use by dates.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 07:46:57 PM »
A very helpful thread. I sniff
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2012, 05:35:15 AM »
As far as I can recall I have always been clumsy. sad24:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2012, 08:41:24 AM »
As far as I can recall I have always been clumsy. sad24:

I expect it is just your buttery fingers from all that cake-making.  ;)
I mostly despair

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 09:12:21 AM »
Right now I have two self made disaster areas in da house and one under da house.

1. Under extending the house there is a work room fitted bench fab space. In this space because of lack of space in house amongst other things we keep a large freezer and the washing machine.  There has been so much rain of late that the water which is usually contained in a channel running through the middle of the room (picture an old fashioned milking shed) has risen over the top of that flooded the bottom of the freezer. I discovered a pile of washing which Mr C's son had washed prior to leaving and forgotten in the washer stinking to high heaven have just re-washed it but have no where to dry it.

2. Bedroom.  It needs decorating.  The kids removed a dreadful 70's fitted unit last year and behind it was layer upon layer of wallpaper dating back to when the house was built.  My plan today strip wallpaper.  The bucket of water that I had taken up there liberally spilling it on the stairs en-route is now all over the bed.  The linen basket carefully balanced atop the wardrobe has spilt it's load down the side of said wardrobe and onto floor. I thought at this point that a coffee was in order.

3. Kitchen.  Whilst making 2 coffees one of which must be filtered I thought I would make use of the time whilst waiting for the kettle to boil doing useful things. In removing the filter papers from the over head cupboard I knocked out the small bag of garlic croutons they narrowly missed the mugs but did scatter over the work top.  The sugar pot needed re-filling. Easy enough you may think, oh noes there is now sugar all over the floor and work surface and I know from previous experiance that it will be in places it couldn't have possibly reached.  Neither Mr C nor I take sugar. angry041:  To avoid walking the sugar into the rest of the floor I opened the fridge door leant over to remove the milk and in doing so knocked the next up flying there is now a mixture of Utterly Sodding All Over The Place Butterly dripping down the cooker along with some coriander paste.

I am sharing this with you in a vain effort to hang on to what little sanity I have left.  You may now point and laugh at will.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »
Right now I have two self made disaster areas in da house and one under da house.

1. Under extending the house there is a work room fitted bench fab space. In this space because of lack of space in house amongst other things we keep a large freezer and the washing machine.  There has been so much rain of late that the water which is usually contained in a channel running through the middle of the room (picture an old fashioned milking shed) has risen over the top of that flooded the bottom of the freezer. I discovered a pile of washing which Mr C's son had washed prior to leaving and forgotten in the washer stinking to high heaven have just re-washed it but have no where to dry it.

2. Bedroom.  It needs decorating.  The kids removed a dreadful 70's fitted unit last year and behind it was layer upon layer of wallpaper dating back to when the house was built.  My plan today strip wallpaper.  The bucket of water that I had taken up there liberally spilling it on the stairs en-route is now all over the bed.  The linen basket carefully balanced atop the wardrobe has spilt it's load down the side of said wardrobe and onto floor. I thought at this point that a coffee was in order.

3. Kitchen.  Whilst making 2 coffees one of which must be filtered I thought I would make use of the time whilst waiting for the kettle to boil doing useful things. In removing the filter papers from the over head cupboard I knocked out the small bag of garlic croutons they narrowly missed the mugs but did scatter over the work top.  The sugar pot needed re-filling. Easy enough you may think, oh noes there is now sugar all over the floor and work surface and I know from previous experiance that it will be in places it couldn't have possibly reached.  Neither Mr C nor I take sugar. angry041:  To avoid walking the sugar into the rest of the floor I opened the fridge door leant over to remove the milk and in doing so knocked the next up flying there is now a mixture of Utterly Sodding All Over The Place Butterly dripping down the cooker along with some coriander paste.

I am sharing this with you in a vain effort to hang on to what little sanity I have left.  You may now point and laugh at will.

I think you should sit down.... happy100
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »
Do you do yer own electrical repairs?

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »

Oh, Miss C  happy100

Thank god we have keyboards now otherwise it if was a typewriter the platen would have knocked the coffee and other bits flying when you'd have hit "return carriage"
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

• Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2012, 10:08:44 AM »
 ;D Sad but true JOM.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »
;D Sad but true JOM.

Plus you'd have ink from the ribbon all over your hands and face....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2012, 02:07:48 PM »

Are you related to Mrs DS (#3)?

Large frying pan of bacon and eggs on Aga, getting a bit fierce on the hot side so she lifts the lid on the simmer side and slides pan across.

Then she goes to lower the lid on the hot side, instead drops it. Handle of pan is overhanging the hot side, so the lid lands on it and catapaults bacon, eggs and hot fat out of the pan.

She steps back to avoid hot contents in flight and sits on a dozen eggs on the kitchen table.

Meanwhile, the contents of the pan land on the cat which was sleeping next to the Aga. In true scalded cat style, it launches inself at a closed window and in bouncing off the glass, knocks a very large vase of flowers off the ledge to smash on the floor.

It isn't just you Miss C. noooo:

I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2012, 02:10:52 PM »

Large frying pan of bacon and eggs on Aga, getting a bit fierce on the hot side so she lifts the lid on the simmer side and slides pan across.

Then she goes to lower the lid on the hot side, instead drops it. Handle of pan is overhanging the hot side, so the lid lands on it and catapaults bacon, eggs and hot fat out of the pan.

She steps back to avoid hot contents in flight and sits on a dozen eggs on the kitchen table.

Meanwhile, the contents of the pan land on the cat which was sleeping next to the Aga. In true scalded cat style, it launches inself at a closed window and in bouncing off the glass, knocks a very large vase of flowers off the ledge to smash on the floor.

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2012, 02:27:34 PM »

lol: lol: lol:

I know the average keyboard can survive a coffee nose moment - I'm just praying that an iPad can too!

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Online Nick

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »
I fell in the canal this afternoon  redface:

Now the inside of my car is wet  evil:

Online Nick

« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »

Poor cat  sad24: