Author Topic: Wot a Waste of Money  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Wot a Waste of Money
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 10:15:37 AM »
Calm down like....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
 lol:

I am calm ~ it just pisses me off that people who should know better post things that are downright bloody wrong (not to mention offensive)
I didn't ask to be like this ~ no more than Growler asked for his health problems........
Which I would willingly swap with him if it meant I could kick a ball with my boys, climb a hill or, in all honesty, get out of the house more than once a week (usually to the doctor's).

In the past 12 months I have undergone 4 operations and been admitted (with blue lights etc) to hospital on no less than 9 further occasions. It just ain't funny. noooo:

You'll miss me when I'm gone.

PS I agree with your op. Disabled bays are a waste of time space and energy .... until you try getting  out of a car and into a wheel chair when some bastard has parked so tight that fvcking Twiggy would have difficulty in getting out of the door. Make all parking bays wider and make the able park further away from the shops is the answer.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 10:25:52 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 10:32:39 AM »
It staggers me that: -

a) During a financial crisis they have the money to piss away on this...

b) While we are supposed to be driving ten miles less, switching our telly off instead of to standby and other ridiculous restrictions 'to prevent global warming' it is apparently sensible to send a whole crew of men in several trucks to burn yellow lines off with a gas powered torch...

c) While we are told that one whiff of cigarette smoke will kill you and smokers are banned from just about everywhere it is apparently safe to let acrid fumes from burning paint drift across half the town...

Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 11:38:03 AM »
Whooooooa. eeek:
 I was never suggesting or even remotely even hinting that you don't have a valid case for your claim. On the contrary, I know you do, so stop your bloody bellowing at me please.
I also do in fact know that the motabilty scheme cars are NOT free, they are paid for by the taxpayer, and the user of said car has to forfeit his monthly allowance payments as a consequence.
I've had to repair many of these thouroughly abused cars before they are returned over the last 15 years, and I can guarantee many of them have been and probably still are beingused fraudulently. cussing:

I chose to get on with my life, climb 'ill's, werk etc rather than spiral downwards into a pit of self pity and it was the right decision.
Some like yourself are not so fortunate, and i appreciate that.
Tell that to the other 75% (at least) who just see the whole invalidity bebenfit scheme as some sort of free ride by lying on the 5 million page book you have to fill in first.

Sorry if I've offended you with the use of my words, and feel free to call me absolutely anything you like.
I can guarantee 100% no offence will be taken here
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 11:41:40 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
I blame the government ~ My rant was directed at all who make comments ~ not Growler in particular. Thing is I get sick of hearimng it day in and day out. Now the bloody government are crowing that they are going to make every claimant go through a more rigorous test. It will not make any difference! Most Doctors (and your application has to be signed off by your GP in the first instance) have nothing to gain from telling prokies .... they pay taxes too. The problems lie not so much with the claimants but with the system.

Money to burn? They seem to have plenty to waste on about everything except the real essentials.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.