Disgusterous

Author Topic: Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to soak me ?  (Read 304 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10852985

A month-long water pistol tournament is under way in the UK. But what makes adults want to "shoot" total strangers in the street?
...........Men in trilby hats hand out manila envelopes before players are thrust, disorientated, back into the real world in the knowledge someone with their photo is hunting them down............

The first thing is I'm incredibly competitive but I just think it is a lot of fun," says one participant who did not want to be named - perhaps fearing giving up key information. "People don't get it until they actually take part. It certainly makes the journey to and from work much more interesting.

"During the competition, I wake up, go to work, leave work then stalk my victim until it's time to sleep."

Another player, Ahmed Murad, says the idea is "just that little bit different. What is strange it that it's actually quite difficult. I thought it would be easy but everyone's got their own work and life schedule."

"There's an insane amount of paranoia - every time you step out for lunch you are just looking around trying to look everyone in the eye, assuming they are after you."

Many of the players plan journey routes and change them daily, scouts are enlisted to walk ahead and check blind alleyways or dark side-streets and every door is pushed open with the nagging feeling that someone awaits them on the other side.

I bet they'd find an epilectic washing machine quite funny too  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to soak me ?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »
How long 'til one of them is gunned down by plod?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: