Author Topic: The lying policeman  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
The lying policeman
« on: September 06, 2010, 08:26:50 AM »
Did anyone else hear the 8.10 interview on the Today prog this morning with the Assistant Commissioner of the Met? Was it just me or was he lying through his teeth. He never actually denied things, he just kept saying "There is no evidence of that..."

The subject was:

http://www.oldholborn.net/2010/09/stop-being-so-naive-iain.html
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The lying policeman
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:30:34 AM »
The whole thing stinks...

However, I think Prescott (the fat cnut) and co should think twice before dragging up stories like this and demanding action...  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 09:04:28 AM »
Prescott and co are only doing it because they want to show their muscles and get Cameron to sack his Press Officer. They weren't so keen when such activities, as those they are now alleging, were taking place at the direction of Alistair Campbell and his cronies.

As for the o.p. When did you ever meet a policeman who would commit himself to anything that might look bad for him or the police service in general? This is one of the top dogs in the Met FFS and they have been institutionally corrupt since their inception.

Frankly my only surprise is that anyone should be (i) surprised by or (ii) interested in this non story. As for that twat Justin Webb on "Today" ~ he couldn't interview his way out of a wet paper bag. His photograph on Wiki just about sums him up

The policeman said quite clearly that the "new" evidence would be followed up. Nowhere did anyone on the programme think to ask why the sacked NotW journo who has now given the story to an American paper failed to offer his "evidence" when the police were carrying out their initial enquiries.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 04:45:44 PM »
The policeman said quite clearly that the "new" evidence would be followed up. Nowhere did anyone on the programme think to ask why the sacked NotW journo who has now given the story to an American paper failed to offer his "evidence" when the police were carrying out their initial enquiries.

If this journalist knew where the "bodies were buried" as it were, how come he ever got sacked.  rubschin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 05:58:37 PM »
The whole thing stinks...

However, I think Prescott (the fat cnut) and co should think twice before dragging up stories like this and demanding action...  cussing:

Its not as if we don't already know what we would find on Prezza's voicemail:

"Hello Mr Prescott, its Martin at Greggs here. Its going to take a little longer than we thought to sort out your lunch order as we are having to get stock from other branches to cover it. I'm sorry for the delay and we'll get it out to you as soon as we can"
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »

If this journalist knew where the "bodies were buried" as it were, how come he ever got sacked.  rubschin:

"Issues" concerning his personal abuse of alcohol and drugs ...... allegedly.

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 06:34:44 PM »
I was reading that the New York Times say that the Met had all the evidence but they choose to keep the investigation very narrow. Now why would that be?

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 06:47:55 PM »
Brown envelopes?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 09:00:18 PM »
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »
I was reading that the New York Times say that the Met had all the evidence but they choose to keep the investigation very narrow. Now why would that be?

This would be the same evidence that the N Y Times claims to have but has refused to show the Met on the grounds of "Journalistic Privilege" whatever that may be.... not something a U K court would accept I feel.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 08:19:56 AM »

This would be the same evidence that the N Y Times claims to have but has refused to show the Met on the grounds of "Journalistic Privilege" whatever that may be.... not something a U K court would accept I feel.

I wonder if Britain could extradite the journalist from the USA to the UK.

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001

Sorry  redface:
I mostly despair