Disgusterous

Author Topic: News Night  (Read 358 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
News Night
« on: September 16, 2010, 10:03:14 PM »
I am watching it right now and my blood is at boiling point.

I am just thankful that we don't have brains as heaven forbid we might actual fathom this bollocks for what it is. Explode:

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/09/09/impatient-horde-of-big-society-volunteers-still-unsure-what-they-should-be-doing/

Impatient horde of Big Society volunteers still unsure what they should be doing

Tens of thousands of people who became excited by the new government’s ‘Big Society’ plans to run the country on volunteer labour are this week unsure what exactly it is they are meant to be doing, who they should be signing up with, and when it is they will be able to take over the running of the country.

‘I was first in line for this whole volunteering to do stuff thing,’ said Valerie Plank of Surrey. ‘But no one has told me what to do. I thought there would be a signing-up board, like when people joined the army to fight in the war. But now I’m not feeling so excited any more. I might join the local stitch’n'bitch instead.’

Timothy Notts from Canterbury agrees. ‘I had plans to get involved at the local hospital,’ he said. ‘I was all ready to try my hand at open-heart surgery and shit. But no sign of so much as a scapel.’
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: News Night
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 03:42:17 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:

I was going to volunteer for the PM's job - I couldn't do any worse surely....? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 07:17:05 AM »

I was going to volunteer for the PM's job - I couldn't do any worse surely....? Shrugs:

You are hardly a competent BM, never mind PM... whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 07:20:27 AM »

You are hardly a competent BM, never mind PM... whistle:

Harsh!

But then I suppose you have to be cruel to be kind.  whistle:

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 07:28:54 AM »
 evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: