Author Topic: Austerity measures  (Read 1738 times)

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
Re: Austerity measures
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 03:37:18 PM »
Not in the werk place, you can't.

RTFM

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »
Arrest me!!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 03:43:06 PM »
Long before it became yet another nulabour rool I had many arguments about this with my MD. He was determined to stop us from smoking in the company cars. We were equally determined that we would smoke if we wished ..... and with up to 2 hours to cover 35 miles on the A1M every morning I certainly wasn't going to stop.
The compromise sought was based on the argument that if we had to pay home to office mileage for the use of the cars or pay tax on it as a benefit in kind then it was not, for that period of time, under his control and that was that. The row lasted for months until two of us caught him leaning out of his office window smoking a cigar. After a great deal of  point: point: nothing more was said about smoking in the car.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
Arrest me!!

You talking to me or that female PCSO - uniform and handcuffs got you going?

RTFM

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »
Long before it became yet another nulabour rool I had many arguments about this with my MD. He was determined to stop us from smoking in the company cars. We were equally determined that we would smoke if we wished ..... and with up to 2 hours to cover 35 miles on the A1M every morning I certainly wasn't going to stop.
The compromise sought was based on the argument that if we had to pay home to office mileage for the use of the cars or pay tax on it as a benefit in kind then it was not, for that period of time, under his control and that was that. The row lasted for months until two of us caught him leaning out of his office window smoking a cigar. After a great deal of  point: point: nothing more was said about smoking in the car.

lol: lol: lol:

Good point about benefit in kind tho... rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 06:06:39 PM »
Try taking a thermometer into work Miss D

The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 lay down particular requirements for most aspects of the working environment
 Regulation 7 of these Regulations deals specifically with the temperature in indoor workplaces and states that:
During working hours, the temperature in all workplaces inside buildings shall be reasonable.

However, the application of the regulation depends on the nature of the workplace i.e. a bakery, a cold store, an office, a warehouse.

The associated ACOP goes on to explain:

'The temperature in workrooms should provide reasonable comfort without the need for special clothing. Where such a temperature is impractical because of hot or cold processes, all reasonable steps should be taken to achieve a temperature which is as close as possible to comfortable. 'Workroom' means a room where people normally work for more than short periods.

The temperature in workrooms should normally be at least 16 degrees Celsius unless much of the work involves severe physical effort in which case the temperature should be at least 13 degrees Celsius. These temperatures may not, however, ensure reasonable comfort, depending on other factors such as air movement and relative humidity.'
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »
Try taking a thermometer into work Miss D

The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 lay down particular requirements for most aspects of the working environment
 Regulation 7 of these Regulations deals specifically with the temperature in indoor workplaces and states that:
During working hours, the temperature in all workplaces inside buildings shall be reasonable.

However, the application of the regulation depends on the nature of the workplace i.e. a bakery, a cold store, an office, a warehouse.

The associated ACOP goes on to explain:

'The temperature in workrooms should provide reasonable comfort without the need for special clothing. Where such a temperature is impractical because of hot or cold processes, all reasonable steps should be taken to achieve a temperature which is as close as possible to comfortable. 'Workroom' means a room where people normally work for more than short periods.

The temperature in workrooms should normally be at least 16 degrees Celsius unless much of the work involves severe physical effort in which case the temperature should be at least 13 degrees Celsius. These temperatures may not, however, ensure reasonable comfort, depending on other factors such as air movement and relative humidity.'

My Lil Bruv works in a permanent controlled temperature of 5 deg C and still gets a sweat up.

Offline Nick

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »
I should imagine Miss D steams like a carthorse watching all those builders all day  noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »

'Spect management, even more senior than her, arrange for her to be hosed down at regular intervals.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
My manager loves me  cloud9: ...and I know all her secrets  whistle: ...oh and I work hard  angel1

The builders next door have disappeared for a bit as they are just doing the pile driving now  sad24:

However the good news is there was an absolute hunk spotted in the lift the other day . Just need to find out what floor he is on. That has raised the temperature. Bad news is there are quite a lot of people in this scouting party  evil:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »
He is bound to be a gayer  noooo: I think Tipsy said her eldest had a new job, like

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 06:27:43 PM »
 noooo:

You will not be a dasher of hope today  evil:
Skubber

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »
He is bound to be a gayer  noooo: I think Tipsy said her eldest had a new job, like

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
 scared:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster