Disgusterous

Author Topic: Pepper spray.  (Read 6127 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Pepper spray.
« on: October 02, 2010, 05:52:19 PM »
Did you know that pepper spray is classed as a firearm, and is therefore highly illegal. eeek:

Seems thugs thieves murderers etc. can carry what the hell they want to go about their scummy little crimes, but law abiding citizens cannot  carry anything for use as personal protection.
I am seriously pissed off about this.
If I'd managed to catch the thieving scrote the other night, I'd have had only my bare hands to use as a sort of weapon....providing I didn't actually hurt the little lamb no doubt.

Stuff the law, I'll take my chances.It's time we fought back against this crazy society of ours.
I am taking steps to arm myself with something or other to soley PROTECT myself , my property and family, OK? Banghead

I've suddenly decided that my hair needs laquering regulary, so I'd better carry a can around in my pocket all of the time now. whistle:
Must be so so careful not to get any in my eyes, cus apparently it does sting quite a bit. whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Pepper spray.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 05:54:56 PM »
I used to bring it back from the 'States whenever I went...

You are right, it is quite outrageous that the only people able to obtain and hold weapons are criminals...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 06:00:32 PM »
Hairspray Growler?  eeek:

Actually, insect repellent is pretty foul ...  eveilgrin:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »
I used to bring it back from the 'States whenever I went...

You are right, it is quite outrageous that the only people able to obtain and hold weapons are criminals...

I have managed to locate a supplier within the UK, but am seriously worried that my details could be very easily obtained by the rozzers, as it is also illegal to sell it.
Jail beckons for illegal ownership apparently, whether used or not.

Bloody unbelievable in'it?

Only thing I've found that can be used legally so far, is a spray that covers the criminal with a bright red dye that remains on skin and clothes for about a week.
Great help that. ::)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 06:03:58 PM »
Hairspray Growler?  eeek:

Actually, insect repellent is pretty foul ...  eveilgrin:

I would always have a ciggy lighter in my pocket too, being a smoker like. whistle:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »
I never go out without my walking stick.

I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
Perhaps you could flog some slurry to the Bear  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »
Perhaps you could flog some slurry to the Bear  rubschin:

rubschin:

"Darwins pocket slurry sprayer for gardeners, £19.99"

I like the idea. . .
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
Tell you, I'm still seriously pissed right off after Thursday mornings little fracas, almost still in a state if shock tbh., even though, scrote bag ran off empty handed
It's the sort of thing that NEVER happens to you....until it does of course.

New security measures are being undertaken now for doors and windows at Growler Towers, possibly cctv and or web cam outside with movement detection. Gravel driveway is also under consideration, but Mrs G is resisting.
The car is going to be fitted with a GPS based tracker system that texts me if the car is moved without my permission, giving me regular updates of co-ordinates to be used in conjunction with a Google Maps programme.

Any sensible suggestions would obviously be most welcome.

Wulfy purchase is back on the cards again now too. cloud9:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:14:11 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 06:29:39 PM »
Tell you, I'm still seriously pissed right off after Thursday mornings little fracas, almost still in a state if shock tbh., even though, scrote bag ran off empty handed
It's the sort of thing that NEVER happens to you....until it does of course.

New security measures are being undertaken now for doors and windows at Growler Towers, possibly cctv and or web cam outside with movement detection. Gravel driveway is also under consideration, but Mrs G is resisting.
The car is going to be fitted with a GPS based tracker system that texts me if the car is moved without my permission, giving me regular updates of co-ordinates to be used in conjunction with a Google Maps programme.

Any sensible suggestions would obviously be most welcome.

Wulfy purchase is back on the cards again now too. cloud9:

You have to make sure you don't make yourself a prisoner in your own home...

We had trackers on the cars, a burglar alarm, all the locks and everything... Our scrote climbed in through the bathroom window that LL left open 'Because she needed air'...  ::)

Wulfy seems to be your best bet...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
Talking on another forum I frequent, it has been 'suggested' that the back door might have been locked (Mrs G can't be 100% sure now if she did or not) and the lock may have been 'bumped'.
Anyone familiar with this phrase and means of entry?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
Talking on another forum I frequent, it has been 'suggested' that the back door might have been locked (Mrs G can't be 100% sure now if she did or not) and the lock may have been 'bumped'.

Mate, you have to put it behind you and move on...

Nowhere is 100% secure... if it was possible to achieve banks and building societies would never be robbed...

Take sensible precautions, get a mut, have a baseball bat next to your bed...

And don't listen to wankers on web sites that worry you about the state of your locks...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 08:32:27 PM »

Having been burgled more than once over the years I can tell you that BM speaks the truth. Put it behind you, take sensible precautions and don't step outside of the law. As for pepper spray ~ utterly useless unless you are within a couple of feet of the target.
Given my previous employment I am familiar with many methods of entry to "locked" premises but I am not stupid enough to broadcast them on an open forum.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 08:40:34 PM »

It's just a way of picking a lock Growler .

No locks are totally secure. We have a bloke we employ at work who we use to officially break into cars / homes etc when we have obtained the appropriate warrants of course. Takes him seconds  to a couple of minutes normally  - really is quite alarming when you see just how easy it is  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 08:47:39 PM »
I have a large one of these upstairs

If somebody is rummaging downstairs it's a legitimate piece of equipment to be using to investigate, and given its weight, I imagine it would pack a fair punch if you were "startled" by said intruder
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie