Author Topic: Aircraft Carriers...  (Read 526 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Aircraft Carriers...
« on: October 16, 2010, 07:18:04 AM »
... with no aircraft? Shrugs:

We may as well raise the Argentinian flag over the Malvenas now...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Aircraft Carriers...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »
It's just more drip, drip, drip from the leaking taps in the various ministries, with everyone trying to protect his/her own particular dung heap.

Wait until the official announcements on Wednesday and then we'll know.

I see in the Torygraph today that the plan is to chase all the disabled off benefits and into work whilst another paragraph says how they are going to throw 8000 disabled people out of work by withdrawing the subsidies paid to Remploy and closing their 8 factories .... that exist only to provide paid employment to the disabled. Now that makes sense  whacky115
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
So I gather they are going to build two aircraft carriers, mothball one and scrap the only aircraft that can operate off the one that puts to sea? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 02:58:52 PM »
Cheaper that cancelling the contract apparently ...... Just one of the little time bombs left behind by G Brown & Co.

The one that goes to sea can carry Marines and Helicopters (makes for easier landing on shore than landing craft) and then they'll flog the spare to the enemy (after drilling a lot of little holes in its keel perhaps)

Meanwhile the new "all purpose" jet fighter will be in service a couple or three years later ...... so they claim.

Do we really need to attack anyone? Ministry of Defence they call it, not Ministry of Attack.

We are an island ..... easy enough to defend with land based aircraft and soldiers + a bloody drawbridge.

Fvck the rest of the world ..... we aren't going to stop them fighting one another .... so long as they leave us alone I no longer care.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.