Disgusterous

Author Topic: Family feuds  (Read 7180 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Family feuds
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 05:53:39 PM »
The SIL called last night. I picked up the phone and she said "Does Mrs Nick never accept any criticism?" eeek:

I said, "No, but perhaps you would like to ask her yourself" and handed the phone over. I then left the house and stayed out till VERY LATE.

Mrs Nick in full Growler mode this morning  scared2:

Given your unique position as plaything of the universe I'm just waiting to hear that they've turned round and realised that (a) you said Mrs Nick doesnt take critisism and (b) you pointed SIL in her direction leading to them making peace with each other and ganging up on you...  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »
Wench meets her match point:

At this rate WE MAY HAVE TO GET THE BIG BOYS ROUND scared2:

At this point I suggest the Gentlemen retire to the garden for a cigar or two.
No point in hanging around here because (i) we will not understand anything that is said between them and (ii) we will only be in the wrong anyway.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 07:37:50 AM »
These tacts are almost as offensive as Mr Wench's "blank sorry cheque" response.  evil:

Wenchy - now what on earth is a ''blank sorry cheque'', please explain because if it is as patronising as I possibilly think it is in my mind at the moment I think I will have to come along and help you dispose of Mr. W  evil:

Well, let us imagine for a moment that Mr Wench does something wrong. He of course doesn't realise, I sulk and then he comes to apologise. I then ask him what exactly it is he is sorry for. And he shrugs and says, I dunno I just am. This has now been termed in the Wench household as a blank sorry cheque. Night before last he even went to the trouble of scribbling it on a bit of paper and pushing it underneath the bedroom door.  evil:

DON'T APOLOGISE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR FFS! IT MAKES ME EVEN CROSSER!

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 07:41:33 AM »
These tacts are almost as offensive as Mr Wench's "blank sorry cheque" response.  evil:

Wenchy - now what on earth is a ''blank sorry cheque'', please explain because if it is as patronising as I possibilly think it is in my mind at the moment I think I will have to come along and help you dispose of Mr. W  evil:

Well, let us imagine for a moment that Mr Wench does something wrong. He of course doesn't realise, I sulk and then he comes to apologise. I then ask him what exactly it is he is sorry for. And he shrugs and says, I dunno I just am. This has now been termed in the Wench household as a blank sorry cheque. Night before last he even went to the trouble of scribbling it on a bit of paper and pushing it underneath the bedroom door.  evil:

DON'T APOLOGISE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE FOR FFS! IT MAKES ME EVEN CROSSER!
Sulking... tut, tut, tut...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 07:43:01 AM »
I'm good at it too!  angel1 That and muttering, I truly am my Father's daughter.  redface: Used to piss me off a treat when he did it. Now I do it too. Mr Wench should have looked more closely at my Dad to see what I'll turn into.  redface:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 08:00:44 AM »
Mr Wench should have looked more closely at my Dad to see what I'll turn into.  redface:

Christ almighty! You're 'avin a sex change? eeek:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 08:10:01 AM »
Mr Wench should have looked more closely at my Dad to see what I'll turn into.  redface:

Noooo, but my personality is more likely to be a problem for him as I get older.  eveilgrin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 08:23:58 AM »

Noooo, but my personality is more likely to be a problem for him as I get older.  eveilgrin:

Yea, I can see exactly what your saying here.
Your personality is becoming a problem for US, so may the Lord help him. scared2:

Mr W. You have my deepest symphonys and everlasting overwhelming support in your difficult quest for peace tranquility, harmony, nights out on the razz with THE boys, footie and rugby spectating.....with THE lads, and being a general cave man in your remaining years.
Keep trying though mate.
DO NOT GIVE IN...EVER! happy088

Offline Nick

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 02:07:29 PM »
The SIL called last night. I picked up the phone and she said "Does Mrs Nick never accept any criticism?" eeek:

I said, "No, but perhaps you would like to ask her yourself" and handed the phone over. I then left the house and stayed out till VERY LATE.

Given your unique position as plaything of the universe I'm just waiting to hear that they've turned round and realised that (a) you said Mrs Nick doesnt take critisism and (b) you pointed SIL in her direction leading to them making peace with each other and ganging up on you...  point:

As has been explained elsewhere I spent last night in a local HOTEL! cussing:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 02:11:57 PM »

As has been explained elsewhere I spent last night in a local HOTEL! cussing:

Take it from me it will all be your fault in the end ..... Oh and also take this message as my response on all other similar threads. You have my sympathy and given certain religious objections I take it divorce is not an option ~ that was my escape route in the end. Costly but ultimately worth it..

Offline Nick

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 02:21:11 PM »
Of course it is all my fault!. Everything is! cry:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 03:19:37 PM »
Of course it is all my fault!. Everything is! cry:

Last time I stormed out and headed for a hotel I found this house in Wales and we moved! eeek:

Offline Nick

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 04:11:48 PM »
 cry:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 05:49:21 PM »
cry:

Oh chin up little Nick. It can't be all bad! You're still here so the tongue lashing can't have been that bad.

Offline Nick

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 08:39:35 PM »
Just had a pint with Growler

Also now covered in blue paint!  His fault. At least it's emulsion, not gloss. So it washed off.

Mostly rubschin:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:11:04 PM by Nick »