Author Topic: This is a joy!  (Read 841 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
This is a joy!
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:34:47 AM »
The THW has just spent her weekend with BF at his student flat (shared with several others). She was sooooo looking forward to it. We figured that at 17 and a half there was no way we could stop her and we did manage to prevent her from going with him permanently. Anywhooo when she got home last night she was complaining that she has caught a "Freshers week" cold and has done all his ironing as well as the ironing for two of his mates. All three have simply been buying new clothes as they don't know how to work the iron.  happy001

According to her "They f'ing well know now!"  angry041:

Sometimes being a parent can be so satisfying!  eveilgrin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: This is a joy!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 09:36:23 AM »
How the fook can you not know how to use an iron?  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 09:37:11 AM »
She has been played  noooo: noooo: noooo:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 09:38:15 AM »
Mummies boys all ..... so she told me when I posed the same question.

She added that there is no way she is going to mother one of them through 3 years let alone all three!

It seems that one of them "melted" a tee shirt and none of them knew to put water into a steam iron nor what heat setting to use.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 09:40:44 AM »
All good rhetoric in which case she should have stood over them and advised them what to do ...but to complete the task on behalf of all 3 of them  noooo: noooo: noooo:

I'm sure she will be welcome every weekend though  lol:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 09:49:15 AM »
He is only allowed a girl overnight in halls once a month.
Anyway she can't afford the train fares more often than that.

I do feel a valuable lesson has been taken on board ~ particularly as her mother took  the chance to observe that having had all that practice she can now do her own ironing at home. SWWLTBO and I do sometimes make a good team!  whistle:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 09:53:31 AM »
He is only allowed a girl overnight in halls once a month. 

Don't you love all those rules that are so openly flouted  lol:

So much went on in our halls at the 1st year of Uni that the rules would have been aghast about   lol: - best of all times though  cloud9:

Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
Visitors have to be signed in and out ~ other students are not barred from sleeping with who or where they wish. Summat to do wiv Elf n Safety. They check apparently, security patrols stop people and ask to see student ID or so she says.

SWWLTBO tells me that they had a fire evacuation drill at 3am, when she was at Dundee, they found only 35 students in one hall (instead of the expected 90) and 240 in another that was designed for 100!

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 10:04:20 AM »
Visitors have to be signed in and out ~ other students are not barred from sleeping with who or where they wish. Summat to do wiv Elf n Safety. They check apparently, security patrols stop people and ask to see student ID or so she says.

SWWLTBO tells me that they had a fire evacuation drill at 3am, when she was at Dundee, they found only 35 students in one hall (instead of the expected 90) and 240 in another that was designed for 100!
happy001 happy001 happy001
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 10:04:57 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:

Yeah ...we had security as well and a system of 'logging' visitors in and out  ...bless him and his cotton socks  whistle:

Visitors were meant to have left by 11pm - midnight at the weekends .

We of course complied at all times with this  angel1
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »
I think the financial implications, the up coming A2s and her hatred of ironing will keep it down to monthly visits for now.

Also it seems that his Mummy likes to visit frequently and his parents do not want the THW anywhere near him ..... not since she told his father to keep his perverted paws to himself! The BF had to claim to be on a "Field Trip" this weekend to keep them away..... they have been to see him every weekend since he went there! Mummy phones him every evening, they have paid to have a BT line in his room!

In his shoes I would have told them "I'm 18 now so p*ss off" ..... but he thinks they will "come round" eventually so keeps telling porkies about the relationship. Had they left the kids alone when I told them to 2 years ago it would have all been over long ago but forbidden fruit is always sweeter! We had hoped that the kids had broken up during the summer but apparently they are an item again.

As for the father .... I had two choices ... Punch his lights out or do what I finally settled on which was to ask my friendly local Rozzerette to call on him and "Have a word" about his emailing and texting the THW. She did and he is a wiser and more careful man now. They live in the next village to us and their local bobby went with my friend to "bully him a bit". Coincidentally he has been stopped whilst driving 6 times since (Faulty brake light, badly adjusted headlights, bald tyre etc) and his car is now off the road  whistle:
Rozzerette has a file with copies of his texts and emails to the THW for future reference ...... if it becomes necessary.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:26:33 AM »
 eeek:

Does her BF know what his father has been doing ?
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 10:29:50 AM »
Yup!

He also knows that he has a "half sister" following an affair between his father and a business partner ..... as does his wife!

The man cannot leave any woman alone. He has had his face slapped at conventions more times than you would think possible. The wife (his) walked out of one Uni Open Day they went to when he started chatting up one of the student volunteer guides.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:31:25 AM by Snoopy »

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 10:33:18 AM »
Tell THW "like father, like son"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »
Tell THW "like father, like son"

Don't think I haven't!

And a lot more besides.