Disgusterous

Author Topic: Votes for prisoners  (Read 598 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Votes for prisoners
« on: November 02, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11671164

It seems that Europe (who collectively do not have a good record on "Human Rights")  have threatened fines that we can't afford to pay so we have to comply.

I knew we should never have joined!  cussing:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Votes for prisoners
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 08:27:10 AM »
What a farce eh...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 09:03:13 AM »
And exactly how many of them are likely to be registered or bothered to have ever voted anyway?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:15:52 AM »
Therein yet more problems need to be resolved.

Do they get to vote for the candidates standing in the ward where the prison is situated and thus make a complete mockery of the Boundary Commission's work in evening out constituency numbers or do they get a postal vote in the constituency in which they were registered (if they were registered) prior to getting banged up?

Time after time the "Accused" is reported as "Of no fixed abode" and then there is the constant movement of prisoners from one gaol to another.

The Prison Service frequently fail to produce someone, who they are holding, for a subsequent court appearance because the prisoner has been moved and the system has temporarily "lost" them.

If they can vote they then have a right to hear to all candidates speak and subsequently they can talk to their elected member ~ how is that going to work?

It is going to cost a fortune.

I wonder how those countries that do allow prisoners to vote cope with these problems?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:18:43 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »
Therein yet more problems need to be resolved.

Do they get to vote for the candidates standing in the ward where the prison is situated and thus make a complete mockery of the Boundary Commission's work in evening out constituency numbers or do they get a postal vote in the constituency in which they were registered (if they were registered) prior to getting banged up?

Time after time the "Accused" is reported as "Of no fixed abode" and then there is the constant movement of prisoners from one gaol to another.

The Prison Service frequently fail to produce someone, who they are holding, for a subsequent court appearance because the prisoner has been moved and the system has temporarily "lost" them.

If they can vote they then have a right to hear to all candidates speak and subsequently they can talk to their elected member ~ how is that going to work?

It is going to cost a fortune.

I wonder how those countries that do allow prisoners to vote cope with these problems?

Good points well made Snoopy...

Another good point is that no fucker that was entitled to vote would have wanted this and even the troughers were again' it... laws and costs forced on the country by the unelected in the EU...

It really has to stop...
Pro Skub  Thumbs: