Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new Christmas domestic disputes thread  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Re: The all new Christmas domestic disputes thread
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 06:39:46 PM »
Things have been a tad frosty here today in more ways than one. The matriarchal wrinklie wanted to deliver Christmas presents. Ordered patriarchal wrinklie to get the car out of the garage.  Upon doing so a flat tyre was discovered.

Much panicking and squawking ensued.  Followed by loud and accusatory (aimed at pater wrinklie) phone calls to Anita, Mary, Martha and several others. it's grim ooop north I tell you. noooo:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:10:06 PM by Miss Creant »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 07:20:46 PM »
Grim is, I would suggest, an understatement .... but you all know my prejudice.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
Indeed we do Snoops and a better and more rounded prejudice would be hard to find.

Women here have a particular pitch when they talk/squawk it is like the cry of a baby very irritating but difficult to ignore.  The local accents also seem to twist their mouths into a grimace much of the time. many are prime candidates for a gurning competition.  Don't tempt me on the size of their backsides. sick2:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:17:12 AM by Miss Creant »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 05:43:51 AM »
People used to think Last of the Summer Wine was a comedy ~ more a social commentary in my view.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 11:42:07 AM »
Well this mornings excitement has just died down.

Much loud and agitated squawking from the wrinklie matriarch was to be hear echoing round the house shortly after 7am.  Roused from the mattress on the floor we staggered out to find out what the commotion was about.

There was a note on the shower room door.  DO NOT USE THE SHOWER.

Much squawking could now be heard from downstairs along with banging of doors.  It seems that the out side pipes may have frozen, distinct possibility this house is in a time warp nothing and I mean nothing has been touched in the last 40 years if not longer.

Matriarch then decides that pipes in attic may be frozen, distinct possibility, huge house no central heating -10 outside and 2 inches of insulation.

Lurkio 50 year old son who still lives at home and has never had a job is screeched at from the bottom of the stairs he is ordered into the loft. He can't go into the loft as his hotwater bottle has burst in his bed, could well be a bed-wetting mid life crisis thing given what goes on here. noooo:

Loft is entered by Mr C.  Matriarch standing at the bottom of the ladder telling him that he will fall through the roof and that the tank can't be frozen despite not being insulated as it is made out of fibreglass. This dear reader is one of many pearls of wisdom that drop from her mouth. whacky115

Patriarch wrinklie has retired to his study where as I type he is being berated by the harridan for not lagging the pipes in the outside lav several years ago befor he had a series of mini strokes and could barely walk.

Lurkio is in the dining room trying to dry two quilts with a hair dryer that looks like this. He is muttering darkly about Pound Shop hot water bottles.

Not sure what he is going to do about his sodden mattress. noooo: He has two bedrooms next to each other each with a double bed in them.  I heard the harridan shouting at him to move into the other bed he shouted back that this would involve moving all the clutter from said bed.

I will be going out in a while I may be gone for some time. surrender:

J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »
 eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 12:22:30 PM »
None of my business, but if there is a spare bed adjacent to Lurkios room, why are you on a mattress on the floor?

It maybe of course, that this maximises the distance between you and Lurkio, in which case all is explained.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »
None of my business, but if there is a spare bed adjacent to Lurkios room, why are you on a mattress on the floor?

It maybe of course, that this maximises the distance between you and Lurkio, in which case all is explained.

I thought that too Darwin!  rubschin:

I also wondered why he was trying to dry the bed with a hair-dryer that had no plug on it... Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »

I thought that too Darwin!  rubschin:

I also wondered why he was trying to dry the bed with a hair-dryer that had no plug on it... Shrugs:

Well not quite like that obviously but then again in this place nothing would surprise me. noooo:

The mattress on the floor is because Lurkio has the run of the two bedrooms and they are full of his stuff as is the room that we are in as is the dining room and the lav.  He could not possibly be expected to accommodate his brother in any way.

Of course there is the added bonus of maximising the distance between us. lol:

Two  weeks ago Lurkio was sent spiralling into a deep depression (AKA four day alcoholic binge) when on going to his usual bank to withdraw money he was told that he would have to have a pin number.  During the four days it was his matriarch wrinklies birthday.  Lurkio usually buys the card for patriarch and was unable to do so him being in a drunken stupor and all that.  I purchased a card which said 'happy birthday wife'.

The night before her birthday wrinklie matriarch (WM) harassed husband to go upstairs to Lurkios room and get him to sign the wife card.  Wrinklie patriarch (WP) cannot walk up stairs he has to crawl on his hands and knees but he complied.  Something a little  sick2: is going on here IMHO.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 01:15:52 PM »
 noooo: noooo: noooo:

The escape committee is forming as we speak, we'll have you out in no time  scared2:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:32:13 PM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 01:26:55 PM »
noooo: noooo: noooo:

The escape committe is forming as we speak, we'll have you out in no time  scared2:

Sounds like nobody will notice if they drop the tunnel earth indoors, that will speed things up.
I mostly despair

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 01:58:31 PM »
Thanks chaps and chapesses.  I will take pictures so that you get an idea of the lay out here and the risks that you will be taking.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 02:06:22 PM »
Poor Miss C, I'm caught somewhere between  ;D    and    eeek:    and   noooo:     and    
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »
Poor Miss C, I'm caught somewhere between  ;D    and    eeek:    and   noooo:     and    

Thanks JOM.  Luckily other than being cold most of the time  I'm happy001 happy001 shutup: shutup:
J Basil Boothroyd

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »
I give you...
CDs under the kitchen sink

There are three cupboards full.

2x floor to ceiling shelves in utility room mostly LPs.

The shower room.

The lav.

The room I sleep in floor to ceiling books videos LPs and CDs.

I think that you are prolly getting the gist of things here. confused:

J Basil Boothroyd