Disgusterous

Author Topic: Quality Street  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Quality Street
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:27:57 PM »
Am I getting old and jaded? OK I know I am ~ you don't all have to rush to shout "YES!"

SWWLTBO always buys a hooge tin of chocs as part of her Christmas Preparations.
She claims the tins are handy for cakes  ::)

This year she went for Quality Street.

They really have gone right off. Not a patch on what I remembered.

Anyone else found this?

We could have a poll on Christmas Chocs I suppose.

Miss D is excused from answering as I know chocs don't touch the sides when she gets at them.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Quality Street
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 03:57:44 PM »
You cheeky moose  lol:

Ok for the experts definitive answer ....Quality Street beat Roses hands down. Roses are now full of soft centred crappy mush and still have vile coffee creams of nastiness  noooo:. Quality street have toffees in as well  cloud9:

Black Magic are indeed the devil's chomp of choice as they are dark chocolate and therefore naturally all belong in the bin.

Heroes / Celebrations etc are a novelty and also bung in bournville things  sick2:

Dairy Milk - now there is a box of chocs that should be full of wonderous loveliness but in their attempt to emulate Throntons choccies have gone all praline this and truffle that and should go back to what they do best until then - they do not pass the grade  noooo:

Terry's All Gold are simply vile  sick2:

Matchmakers / After eight  / Twilights are the exception to the dark chocolate rule  cloud9:

Skubber

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
I have fond memories of Quality Street as a child. My aunty Violet always bought a huge tin of them. They were shiny and bright and you could make little goblets out of the foil.  My favourite was the brazil nut ones they had a whole brazil nut in them in those days. The orange flavoured ones were a close second best.

I don't get excited about any of them these days.

If I were to buy chocolate it would be dark chocolate. Chocolate with Ginger. cloud9:Chocolate with orange. cloud9:Chocolate with cherries. cloud9:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 04:55:41 PM »
A big tin or Roses at Xmas...  cloud9:

But I couldn't get any this year - so I bought loads of pack of 'minis' instead - Mars, Milky Way, Lion Bar, Smarties, Toblerone, Dairy Milk, etc.

Delicious and no waste....  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
Where did my clouds go?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »
Where did my clouds go?

They need space around them...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »
Personal space?
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
I have fond memories of Quality Street as a child. My aunty Violet always bought a huge tin of them. They were shiny and bright and you could make little goblets out of the foil.  My favourite was the brazil nut ones they had a whole brazil nut in them in those days. The orange flavoured ones were a close second best.

I don't get excited about any of them these days.

If I were to buy chocolate it would be dark chocolate. Chocolate with Ginger. cloud9: Chocolate with orange. cloud9: Chocolate with cherries. cloud9:

Miss C, I'm not a chocolate lover, but put a tub of any of those fruits dipped in chocolate in front of me and they won't last long at all, particularly the kirsch cherry ones  cloud9:

Get yourself down to Meadowhall

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
Ooooh...I love a bit of Black Magic... eveilgrin:

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 06:17:52 PM »
Hotel Chocolat  cloud9: I ventured into Meadowhall yesterday. I don't do retail therapy at the best of times.  it was full of squawking harridans.  scared2:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2010, 07:45:21 PM »
Hotel Chocolat  cloud9: I ventured into Meadowhall yesterday. I don't do retail therapy at the best of times.  it was full of squawking harridans.  scared2:

Family gathering?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »
I'm sure it was but not mine in this instance and Mr C's mother will not venture there as once many years ago there was a flood there. However Lurkio spends time there, he will be 50 next year and the last binge was blamed on the fact that the 25 year old shop assistant that he had been stalking chatting up had declined his offer of a night out in Ecclesfield!

My daughters do not squawk they have the voices of  angel1 actually daughter number three whilst not having an accent does speak in a tone that is both piercing and irritating. She reminds me of Pig Pen. noooo:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 08:00:38 AM »

My daughters do not squawk they have the voices of  angel1 actually daughter number three whilst not having an accent does speak in a tone that is both piercing and irritating. She reminds me of Pig Pen. noooo:

whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 08:03:31 AM »

whistle:

lol: lol: lol:

scared:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 08:09:01 AM »
Harrump! If I knew how to post pictures on this thing I would do so. I got a new  laptop for christmas I might get a chance to play with it today. cloud9:
J Basil Boothroyd