Author Topic: HAPPY NEW YEAR  (Read 7757 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »
I have finally dragged my sorry arse home  redface:

I'd have carried it for you if you'd only asked.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2011, 03:26:34 PM »
I was willing to lend a hand  whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
Is that what they mean when they refer to the milk of human kindness ?  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »

Nope! ~ Just two dirty old men looking for a grope around your rear end.  redface:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 03:53:40 PM »
Well, my sister did a nice spread with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, or bacon and sausage and stuff. And champagne.

BUT. She is a lot older them me and so are her friends. They all had hearing aids or walking sticks or both  noooo:

I feel old  sad24:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2011, 03:56:47 PM »
Well, my sister did a nice spread with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, or bacon and sausage and stuff. And champagne.

BUT. She is a lot older them me and so are her friends. They all had hearing aids or walking sticks or both  noooo:

I feel old  sad24:

oh poor you....

I SAID OH POOR YOU!

point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »
 happy100

You could come here and meet Lurkio he is a spring chicken.

Don't know if I have mentioned this but I have a cold at the moment.

Today's gem from the harridan was don't let Lurkio see your wine he is a bit depressed at the moment.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2011, 05:21:41 PM »
Let me give you the benefit of my experience my dear ~ with very few exceptions all people from Sheffield are odd, many are downright barking. Without exception they are prone to mysterious (self-diagnosed) ailments and "conditions" that the rest of the country (ie anyone born South of Watford Gap) has never heard of but their relatives will all support the tales and pander to them.

My first FiL's second wife (still with me here?) suffered from what she swore was "Crumbling Bones" ..... No she did not but when she fell on ice and broke her ankle the doctors warned her of the dangers of Osteoporosis in older people, particularly females and advised her on appropriate diet etc .... but she took to her bed claiming that she had "Crumbling Bones" and died several years later without getting up again. She was, of course Sheffield born and bred.

My Mancunian relatives have a cousin who was "born with her foot back to front" ~ no she fecking wasn't ~ the poor child had a club foot! BUT will they accept that? No fecking way. "T'foot were back to front"  Banghead
Manchester, I need not point out, is the Sheffield of the West ~ they are only an hour's drive apart at most.

My first wife had more relatives than Rabbit (see 'The Hundred Acre Wood') and not one did not have some, to my Southern family's ears, unheard of illnesses that they carried to their graves. Not one single female in the extended family was "intact" having all followed one another to the hospital to "have it all out" once they had produced what they felt were enough children. All of the males smoked "Park Drive", drank like fish and complained of "Miner's Lungs" .... none had ever been down a mine in their lives. Without exception they all suffered (males and females) from "Depression". More utter bollix, it only showed when they were too broke to go t'pub and then it wasn't depression but sheer bloody misery. When they had the money they drank themselves into yet more maudlin misery. Self pity was their only redeeming feature ~ that, at least, I could recognise

I could go on but I guess you have the picture. If your man is an exception (and I gather he is) you are lucky. Just keep away from his family 'cos you only get one exception per family.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 05:37:11 PM »
 eeek: Snoopy you are so spot on it's scary.

I feel as though I am leaving reality behind.  

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 05:39:28 PM by Miss Creant »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
eeek: Snoopy you are so spot on it's scary.

I feel as though I am leaving reality behind. 

rubschin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2011, 06:55:16 PM »
Let me give you the benefit of my experience my dear ~ with very few exceptions all people from Sheffield are odd, many are downright barking. Without exception they are prone to mysterious (self-diagnosed) ailments and "conditions" that the rest of the country (ie anyone born South of Watford Gap) has never heard of but their relatives will all support the tales and pander to them.

My first FiL's second wife (still with me here?) suffered from what she swore was "Crumbling Bones" ..... No she did not but when she fell on ice and broke her ankle the doctors warned her of the dangers of Osteoporosis in older people, particularly females and advised her on appropriate diet etc .... but she took to her bed claiming that she had "Crumbling Bones" and died several years later without getting up again. She was, of course Sheffield born and bred.

My Mancunian relatives have a cousin who was "born with her foot back to front" ~ no she fecking wasn't ~ the poor child had a club foot! BUT will they accept that? No fecking way. "T'foot were back to front"  Banghead
Manchester, I need not point out, is the Sheffield of the West ~ they are only an hour's drive apart at most.

My first wife had more relatives than Rabbit (see 'The Hundred Acre Wood') and not one did not have some, to my Southern family's ears, unheard of illnesses that they carried to their graves. Not one single female in the extended family was "intact" having all followed one another to the hospital to "have it all out" once they had produced what they felt were enough children. All of the males smoked "Park Drive", drank like fish and complained of "Miner's Lungs" .... none had ever been down a mine in their lives. Without exception they all suffered (males and females) from "Depression". More utter bollix, it only showed when they were too broke to go t'pub and then it wasn't depression but sheer bloody misery. When they had the money they drank themselves into yet more maudlin misery. Self pity was their only redeeming feature ~ that, at least, I could recognise

I could go on but I guess you have the picture. If your man is an exception (and I gather he is) you are lucky. Just keep away from his family 'cos you only get one exception per family.

I recognise every element of that from growing up in Nottingham  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »
That explains alot. eveilgrin:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »

I recognise every element of that from growing up in Nottingham  noooo:

And Watford Gap is where?  whistle:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »

That's one hell of a sweeping generalisation
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2011, 07:11:58 AM »
 doh: Forgot about you  redface:

Having moved South you are excused  ;)