Author Topic: Bad Form. What?  (Read 3982 times)

Misunderstood

Bad Form. What?
« on: July 21, 2007, 08:34:12 PM »
An al-Qaeda plotter who planned to kill thousands of people in the UK and the US in "dirty bombings" has been badly injured in an attack by fellow prison inmates.

Well I'll be jiggered!

Would you have believed the downright lack of jolly old sportsmanship in our prisons these days?

The poor man is only serving his debt to society and off they go treating him as a terrorist nearly losing their sense of civility altogether  It's going to give us a bad name don't you know - especially in the Muslim world.

This will end in tears, mark my words!  Us Brits don't do that sort of thing.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:44:55 PM by Bouncer »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Bad Form. What?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »
Glad they didn't kill him. Boiling water thrown over him apparently. happy088

Let the bastard scum suffer. evil:

Three cheers for those that dished out the punishment, and may it happen again and again.
There are some decent ones in prison with a bit of civility and care for fellow man after all. All is not lost.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 08:46:31 PM by GROWLER »

Misunderstood

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 08:47:52 PM »
Glad they didn't kill him. Boiling water thrown over him apparently. happy088

Let the bastard scum suffer. evil:

I don't know about that, but it may add a tier of expectation to the comfy jail sentences for anti-British activities.

And I'm all in favour of that!

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 08:58:28 PM »
These animals have no respect for life AT ALL. They openly admit that, and they have no qualms or conscience about making thousands suffer horrendous death and injury all in the name of their.... 'beliefs'. ::)
They deserve all they get imo, and may they rot in hell where they belong. evil:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:57:08 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 09:36:42 PM »
Now come on Growler, don't sit on the fence. Just say what you really think! whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 09:47:13 PM »
Now come on Growler, don't sit on the fence. Just say what you really think! whistle:

Look. I've got my beliefs, but it doesn't involve making innocent thousands suffer....

.... rubschin: one or two, a little bit maybe.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 09:53:49 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 09:52:25 PM »
 scared:

Misunderstood

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »

Look. I've got my beliefs, but it doesn't involve making innocent thousands suffer....

.... rubschin: one or two, a little bit maybe.

lol:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 09:42:49 AM »
Total agreement with Growler on this.

Strange isn't it that the general prison population has a moral code all of its own ~ rather like infant and primary school kids. They also have a very strong sense of right and wrong that has little relationship to anything they are taught or we "grown-ups" would expect.

I often marvel at the ethics displayed by my younger children and wish they could hang onto them forever but of course it all goes out of the window when they hit secondary education and other influences take over.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:22:36 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline D P Dance

• Welcomed Stranger
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 10:18:41 AM »
They also have a very strong sense of right and wrong that has little relationship to anything they are taught

Which Angela Cannings and Sally Clarke will confirm.

Allowing prisoners to extract retibution on other prisoners, whatever they have done, is wrong.   Anyone believing otherwise needs moral guidance.    Prison staff owe a duty of care to their charges, clearly those involved in these incidents have failed in that duty.
A member of the Berkshire Hunt

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »
And now the guy will get compensation no doubt evil:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 10:24:35 AM »
They also have a very strong sense of right and wrong that has little relationship to anything they are taught

Allowing prisoners to extract retibution on other prisoners, whatever they have done, is wrong.   Anyone believing otherwise needs moral guidance.    Prison staff owe a duty of care to their charges, clearly those involved in these incidents have failed in that duty.

I wondered how long it would take. ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »
Prison Officers are human too i.e.they have the same flaws and the same sympathies as the rest of us. There is no way that they can protect any one person from attack if the majority of inmates decide otherwise. The system only works by dint of a mutual tolerance twixt guards and guarded. If the inmates decide not to follow the rules then there is little or nothing that can be done by the prison authorities to stop them as has been proved time and time again.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »

I wondered how long it would take. ::)

I'd have taken money on it mate.  ;)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 10:35:17 AM »
Allowing prisoners to extract retibution on other prisoners, whatever they have done, is wrong. 
I agree with you in part ? it doesn?t seem very civilised to let a mob sort out a prisoner who has been tried, convicted and sentenced by his peers?

?yet all too often ?justice? seems unfairly lenient and I for one am all for certain classes of criminals receiving ?additional? punishment at the hands of their colleagues.
Pro Skub  Thumbs: