Author Topic: Blue Monday  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Blue Monday
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:38:07 AM »
Apparently that is today like  rubschin: ( seems to be a lot of these 'most miserable days' in January claim to fame things ). This one is ordained so as it is the most common day people seek counselling. Honestly have they not heard about the VP  lol:

Blue as in miserable not as in anything else by the way   noooo:

The Telegraph suggests the following as ways to cheer you up

Give to charity -I do that through my taxes surely  rubschin:

Lovebomb your partner - Make your first text message or tweet of the day a slushy one. For this simple karmic act, known to  philosophers as “paying it forward”, you can expect a good vibe in return - not a chance  cry:

Sing - oh god, please no  noooo:

Get the teas in - physical warmth makes you warmer to others apparently  - I don't drink hot drinks  noooo:

Sit up straight - sumfink about posture having an effect on our moods and exercise , yadda, yadda , yadda

Eat yourself happy - WOO HOO - however they go on to saying this should be green veg and fish. Bastards  evil:

Go dancing noooo:

Go barefoot  - giving tired feet new sensations apparently  sick2:

Get flirty - sumfink about hormones but if you get little response surely that makes bluer Monday even more depressing  noooo:

Flowers Shrugs:

Listen to birds - not the female ones but the flying ones. The National Trust apparently has launched an online audio guide to Britain’s best-loved birds.  tunble:

Write a journal  - effectively that is what I do here  lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/wellbeing/8260284/How-to-get-through-Blue-Monday.html
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Blue Monday
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:27:51 AM »
According the Daily Fail you need to do three things to lift your mood:

The top three techniques which work best to lift your mood on this most miserable of days are: helping someone in need, receiving a compliment out of the blue and listening to the sound of the sea, according to a survey commissioned by charity ActionAid.

The charity is hosting a 'Happy Bubble' in London's Finsbury Avenue Square today to help beat the blues.

Two giant, heated bubbles will be filled with space hoppers, and free massages and other fun items will be free for the public between 7am - 7pm.

Personally I would have thought reading the Daily Fail would be enough to depress anyone.

That said I woke feeling very down today. Have taken Valium but feel no better.
Utterly pissed off for no discernible reason. Heaven help anyone who annoys or upsets me today!  evil:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 08:28:53 AM »
 scared:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »
Utterly pissed off for no discernible reason. Heaven help anyone who annoys or upsets me today!  evil:

You called?  ;D
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 08:35:45 AM »

You called?  ;D

;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 08:38:41 AM »
So far I have lined up the Dept of Work and Pensions who will receive a phone call asking why they sent me three letters, all of the same date, each contradicting the other, IJT Inks who will be getting a call to ask why they have failed to send an order they acknowledged two weeks ago, 2 people who have failed to pay invoiced charges for the use of the Village Hall for over 6 months and the County Council employee in charge of Highways who has failed to respond to previous letters of complaint.

If I feel like this then others will be sharing in it  eveilgrin:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »
Well I am getting to work on The Brats room  evil:

Totally cleared it this morning - totally feckin filthy. Ripping out the carpet, and starting painting some walls later.

I intend to work my frustrations off  evil: evil: evil:
Skubber

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 10:27:08 AM »

The top three techniques which work best to lift your mood on this most miserable of days are: helping someone in need, receiving a compliment out of the blue and listening to the sound of the sea, according to a survey commissioned by charity ActionAid.

The charity is hosting a 'Happy Bubble' in London's Finsbury Avenue Square today to help beat the blues.

Two giant, heated bubbles will be filled with space hoppers, and free massages and other fun items will be free for the public between 7am - 7pm.

Personally I would have thought reading the Daily Fail would be enough to depress anyone.

When living in Leicester listening to the sound of the sea instilled a sense of panic in me. eeek:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:39:35 AM »

When living in Leicester listening to the sound of the sea instilled a sense of panic in me. eeek:

As the gull flies I live less than a mile and a half from the Irish Sea. Wonderful views of it from the back rooms but since I am half way up a mountain I too would be concerned if I could hear it  eeek:

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »
 cussing: Banghead  I have just spent the best part of an hour trying to sort out/amend a re-direction service.  Royal Mail are a bunch of tossers.  I need to calm down. This is not so much of a blue Monday rather a red mist Monday.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »
Write to the manager at the delivery office closest to the address that you DON'T want your mail to go to. Keep a copy and if the situation is not resolved to your satisfaction within 14 days write to Royal Mail, Tallents House, 21 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh EH12 9PB. enclosing a copy of your letter of complaint to the delivery office and any response received from them. It helps if you enclose a copy of your redirection request, stamped by the office that received it. If you requested it on line you need to let them have a copy of the confirmation notice.
Remember that the redirection service is not guaranteed (see Royal Mail T's&C's on line) and it does require you to give at least 5 working days notice of the redirection.

Yes ~ I do know that the Royal Mail is run by a bunch of muppets!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 11:46:46 AM »
Right ~ that's the Dept of Work and Pensions told!

Not a very satisfying conversation ~ call centre gerl agreed with me that they are even worse than the DVLA, that they don't know their arse from their elbow and that their service is appalling. I'm now even more annoyed because she completely took away my argument .... and I was soooo looking forward to it  confused:

IJT Inks, who in the past have given an excellent service, are so overwhelmed with calls this morning that they have a recording asking people to email them .... but only after telling you for 5 minutes how important your call is to them  cussing:
I have emailed eveilgrin:

None of the late payers are answering their 'phones  Banghead

The only thing Blue about this Monday is the air around here  censored:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 11:51:17 AM »

Not a very satisfying conversation ~ call centre gerl agreed with me that they are even worse than the DVLA, that they don't know their arse from their elbow and that their service is appalling. I'm now even more annoyed because she completely took away my argument .... and I was soooo looking forward to it  confused:

IJT Inks, who in the past have given an excellent service, are so overwhelmed with calls this morning that they have a recording asking people to email them .... but only after telling you for 5 minutes how important your call is to them  cussing:

Steady progress, that's what I like to see.  ;)
I mostly despair

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 12:50:15 PM »
It took me nearly 4 hours to get to work this morning.

Rain and stupid drivers = complete standstill from N Cheam to New Malden, only about 3 to 4 miles, took 90 minutes.

RTFM

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »

happy100  I too have been trying to deal with the DWP. cussing:  Not much progress made.

I then went onto the DVLA website to change my address.  Big big mistake. I made an even bigger mistake when I decided to phone them. I did not speak to anyone rather listened for twenty minutes to an automated welsh twat giving me a list of options, at the end of which automated welsh twat told me that this matter could not be dealt with over the phone and the line went dead. Explode:

I may shortly be mainly quaffing a large G and T.

J Basil Boothroyd