Author Topic: Swimming upstream  (Read 912 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Swimming upstream
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:42 PM »
Sounds horrid Miss D.
Re Cooker: MiL had same problem .... cheapest solution was to buy a new cooker.

Meanwhile I have trudged round Makro with Lil Bruvver and then had a pub lunch. Sorry!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 04:24:16 PM »
I am having a pig of a day

Didn’t sleep well , took ages to get to sleep and then a couple of really weirdo dreams. So when the alarm went at 6 my feet were made of concrete and wouldn’t budge.

Still up I get and trudge into work. Tube is fecked and hoardes of people crowded into sardine tins.

Get into work , sit down , fire up emails ...see some rant from some punter and just about to look into this when phone rings. It is The Brat. The cooker ignition won’t stop going she says. The hot water doesn’t work. I can’t go to school when it’s like this the house will blow up she screams hysterically.

Deep Sigh ...ok I will come home and sort it out.

Back on the tube which is still fecked  and takes forever . Crowded , slow and hot.

Get off and get onto bus. Crowded , slow and hot. Some scummy scuzz ball of a girl in front of me is still getting dressed and combs her hair and then sprays feckin deodorant on. The fumes of pit cover up engulf me .

Great.

Get home. The cooker ignition to the gas hob is clicking away madly. The boiler pressure has dropped and there is no ignition light. Takes ages to re-ignite it. Top up the boiler and then check the cooker ignition. Won’t stop clicking away. Try to dismantle it and see what is wrong. Still doesn’t stop. Turn off the electrical supply to the cooker. 

Leave the house to come back to work.

Get on bus , crowded, slow and hot. This time, just for a bit of variety, there is a nutter on there. Spouting on about “evil heathens and blasphemous b1tches “ , plus the addition of a screaming baby the whole journey.

Joy

Back on tube – still fecked. Crowded , hot and slow. Girl putting on make up on a juddering train ( surely not a good idea – but hey what do I know! )

Back into work – feeling like groundhog day .

Straight into meeting and then back to computer to see that original whinging punter has now sent a follow up email escalating his complaints

and BM is beating me on Zoomer ( for now  evil: )

When you’re smiling, when you’re smiling , the whole world smiles with you ................

I took some pictures of pigs heads today, as you do.  I may post them later.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »

What about today can only get better do you not understand man  shocked003

Anyways - update for this afternoon . ....my boss has been moaning on about her blokey ( the one she has been having an affair with for over 2 years)  and I'm afraid I lost  my patience  redface:  redface: redface:.  

I have told her he will never give her what she wants ( some time out together and emotional support apparently is all she is asking) , that he is an emotional buffoon and she is kidding herself about the whole thing . That nothing will change as she allows herself to be his back up and is too concerned about his problems and helping him than she is about her own situation. That we have had the same discussions for so long and nothing changes so either accept it for what it is and the way it is or walk away.

Oh dear  scared2:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 04:37:36 PM »

What about today can only get better do you not understand man  shocked003

I could have told you the whole sorry saga with added mention of the number of tooth sucking repair men who trooped in and out, the shortage of spares on anything over 12 months old etc etc etc. I spared you the full gory details  angel1

PS SWWLTBO says she always put her make-up on whilst travelling by tube in from Finchley to Oxford Street. She tells me everyone did .... including the bloke who lived in the upstairs flat!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:39:44 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 04:39:14 PM »
You are too kind  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 05:05:24 PM »
I do my best 

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »
To top it all I have just been told I am too fussy   evil: ...we were talking about men too  redface:

That's me out then... sad32:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:50 PM »
 rubschin:

I said he wasn't all that because he had an unkempt beard - is that applicable ?
Skubber

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 10:04:48 PM »
Crazy days, or daze if you will  surrender:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 10:17:30 PM »
rubschin:

I said he wasn't all that because he had an unkempt beard - is that applicable ?

I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:41 PM »
rubschin:

He could make it look tidier with a beard beanie like  rubschin:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 10:52:50 PM »
Left work today to go and do assemble something for a customer and thought that now I'd got the SatNave back from the ex, getting there wouldn't be a problem. I had already Googled the address which told me it was somewhere in Norbury. Nice...

Said SatNave singularly refused to recognise the address so I thought I would would rely on the good old Google Maps printout. As I rounded Thornton Heathe ponds aiming for Norbury, the Satnav told me I was on the right road, roughly at number 635. As I proceeded, the number went UP. I wanted 189. I pulled over (not easy on the A23) and phoned the customer. Seems my crew who delivered the bed had the same problem...so why the fuck didn't she - or my delivery delinquents bother to tell me? So I turn round and aim back for West Croydon Station. Half a mile away the traffic stops dead. Blue flashing lights everywhere. Obviously someone's been killed/maimed. I dive down a side road and after much faffing eventually find somewhere to park and go and do the assembly.

Two and a half hours later I leave and go back to the car. Why's the interior light on?  Bugger  Tentatively, I walk round and it seems OK. Key in ignition, I turn it over. The 2 1/2 hours with the interior light on has taken its toll. Thankfully it splutters into life and I'm on my way. I've never enjoyed a pint of Young's so much for ages.

Oh, and the daft bint who I did the job for made terrible tea.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 08:31:12 AM »
 happy100

Carried on a bit further and you would have been in Miss D territory  whistle:
Skubber

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 08:47:05 AM »
Wouldn't I have needed injections if I had gone further?

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »
 lol:

Intravenous Youngs  rubschin:
Skubber