Author Topic: Good Grief  (Read 741 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Good Grief
« on: February 03, 2011, 04:05:42 PM »
WTF I seem to have been beamed into Nicks world. eeek: eeek:

I have just been to the local Co-op whilst standing in the queue to check out I felt someone playing with my hair.  I turned around and the chap behind me told me that he had just waved to my dad.  My father died some ten years ago. eeek:  I must have looked somewhat bemused.  He said, bloke behind, not my father,  'you are not who I thought you are are you?'  I said 'probably not.' He told me I have a double in the town and wandered off looking embarrassed I tried to pay whilst collecting my gasted flabber.   eeek: scared2:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Good Grief
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
 eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 05:10:51 PM »
This makes no sense whatsoever  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:11:26 PM »
This makes no sense whatsoever  noooo:

Not even to you?  eeek: eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
Most of my Sheffield ex in-laws were mad and forever seeing things.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »
Most of my Sheffield ex in-laws were mad and forever seeing things.

Did they ever see my dad?

Mr C's parents are barking. The harridan phoned yesterday to say that a letter had arrived for him which had PRIORITY on the envelope. He told her that it was prolly from Readers Digest and that he would collect it today.  What she really wanted was for him to say 'open it.'

Just before we left there was a huge upset during which Mr C was told that his trouble was that he always came with baggage, ie a wife of 25 years who was an Anglo Indian who was the mother of their only grandchild and who selfishly died six years ago.

This upset happened because Mr C asked if his son (their grandchild) could come and stay overnight as he was having a tough time, they said no as Lurkio would have to clear a bed for him.

However, Lurkio the 50 year old son who lives at home has never had a job,  stalks women 20 years younger than him in the local shopping centre who has regular alcoholic binges which result in their GP being called to the house and him staying in bed for days at a time, who cannot do his own ironing or washing, cannot fix the garage door or lag the water tank in the loft during freezing weather, take his father to a local tyre depot to buy a tyre when his offside front tyre and his spare tyre are flat, drive his father to the dentist when there is snow on the ground, because he did not want to learn to drive,who will somehow clean out their house sell it and will purchase and live in a flat (this is what The Harridan has told me) of his own does not have baggage.

As a sort of peace offering and TBH a depth gauge I sent a card to The Harridan when we left thanking them for their hospitality and inviting them to come and see their sons new house at any time and specifically invited them to 'tea' on the first Sunday in February.  They have not visited and I have not had a reply.

I will write to them early next week expressing my disappointment whilst making it clear that I expected them here and made a special effort to cater for their needs.

Oh boy am I fucked off.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »
Keeeeeell them all  eveilgrin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 06:29:51 PM »

Ohh yes.

I am entering myself for the VP Olympic keel them all event.  I expect no less than two gold medals.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »

Ohh yes.

I am entering myself for the VP Olympic keel them all event.  I expect no less than two gold medals.

happy088

I'm entering that line as the "Post of the Month" if not "Post of the Year" special competition!  You might get to win a packet of Hob Nobs or Jaffa Cakes if BM raids the charity box  ;D
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 06:56:40 PM »

Ohh yes.

happy088

I'm entering that line as the "Post of the Month" if not "Post of the Year" special competition!  You might get to win a packet of Hob Nobs or Jaffa Cakes if BM raids the charity box  ;D

I fear the charideee box was raided long ago....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 07:11:26 PM »
My medals, my Hob Nobs... sad32:

I would like to thank Mr Cs family for enabling me to enter into this event I would like to thank my mother, my father for being dead my sister and brother Oh and Lisa Simms who does not know me but who really really pissed me off on FB today by telling me that I was an opinionated arsehole and that I should back off as I am a bitch.

Me a bitch, I think not.  I told her that I was a female but that I was not a canine.  She has a degree in hairdressing. confused:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »
It seems I passed on my baton of doom to you for today. My wretched Wednesday became your Terrible Thursday . Who gets the baton for Fecked off Friday tomorrow then ????
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:18:19 PM »
It seems I passed on my baton of doom to you for today. My wretched Wednesday became your Terrible Thursday . Who gets the baton for Fecked off Friday tomorrow then ????

surrender:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »
There's no such thing as a bad day...

as long as you are still breathing...