Author Topic: The All New Good Morning Everybody Thread  (Read 1504014 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: The All New Good Morning Everybody Thread
« Reply #8685 on: March 31, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »
 surrender:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8686 on: March 31, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »

Oh....

I was hoping for tattoos and piercings and stuff....  redface:

Indeed ~ hard to see what I can object to ....... but I'm sure I will find something  eveilgrin:

Thumbs:

THE VERDICT

Well today he returns to his own parent's home.
He is indeed polite, very tall and well built. His table manners are good and he doesn't drink much other than tea. The odd glass of wine or bottle (stubby) of cheap beer seems to be his limit. The THW assures us this is not politeness but he got drunk once and didn't like it so now alcohol is an occasional thing rather than the normal student drink, smoke, snort any and every thing in sight.
The boys like him and he has devoted a deal of time to combat with them on Playstation and Wii.
Woodstock has raised no objections to him, rather she has told me I am intolerant as I find him a bit too full of himself.
Like all teenagers (and he is only 19 so still a teenager in my eyes) he firmly believes he know everything about everything. This is acceptable until his ideas are at odds with mine.  evil:

All in all the best thing I can say about him is that he is miles better than the last oik.

Once he grows up and discovers that youth and enthusiasm are no match for old age and cunning he'll prolly be OK.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8687 on: March 31, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »
He dared disagree with you   eeek:

Even we don't do that  ;)
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8688 on: March 31, 2012, 09:21:41 AM »

lol:
Oh noes ~ not actively disagreeing with me ..... just spouting utter shite about any and every subject that came up as children with a modicum of education tend to do. They do grow up eventually, or so I am told, but given that my children from first  marriage are 44 and 42 respectively and still spout shite I'm left wondering how true that is.  ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8689 on: March 31, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »

Oh....

Indeed ~ hard to see what I can object to ....... but I'm sure I will find something  eveilgrin:

Thumbs:

THE VERDICT

He is indeed polite, very tall and well built. His table manners are good and he doesn't drink much other than tea. The odd glass of wine or bottle (stubby) of cheap beer seems to be his limit. The THW assures us this is not politeness but he got drunk once and didn't like it so now alcohol is an occasional thing rather than the normal student drink, smoke, snort any and every thing in sight.
The boys like him and he has devoted a deal of time to combat with them on Playstation and Wii.
Woodstock has raised no objections to him, rather she has told me I am intolerant as I find him a bit too full of himself.
Like all teenagers (and he is only 19 so still a teenager in my eyes) he firmly believes he know everything about everything. This is acceptable until his ideas are at odds with mine.  evil:

All in all the best thing I can say about him is that he is miles better than the last oik.

Once he grows up and discovers that youth and enthusiasm are no match for old age and cunning he'll prolly be OK.

What are his politics...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #8690 on: March 31, 2012, 09:48:37 AM »
 scared:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8691 on: March 31, 2012, 10:00:36 AM »

Oh....

Thumbs:

THE VERDICT

Seems pretty much the usual mix of student fervour and selfishness to me. Should make a good Tory.
I gather he disagrees with students who are "striking" over increased tuition fees ~ mainly on the grounds that they and he got in before the fee increases apply so they are all guaranteed that their fees will stay the same. Why strike and protest about something that doesn't effect me but could interfere with my gaining a good degree seems to sum it up.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8692 on: March 31, 2012, 10:02:51 AM »

Oh....

Thumbs:

THE VERDICT

Seems pretty much the usual mix of student fervour and selfishness to me. Should make a good Tory.
I gather he disagrees with students who are "striking" over increased tuition fees ~ mainly on the grounds that they and he got in before the fee increases apply so they are all guaranteed that their fees will stay the same. Why strike and protest about something that doesn't effect me but could interfere with my gaining a good degree seems to sum it up.

Understood...  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8693 on: March 31, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »

Oh....

Thumbs:

THE VERDICT

Could be much worse.

Sounds like you don't need to tell THW how much you approve of him yet.  ;)

I wouldn't hesitate to disagree with Snoopy, however there has been little need to, as most mature and well travelled gentlemen tend to see things in a very similar way.  whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8694 on: April 01, 2012, 05:03:39 AM »
Morning all - pinch, punch, first day of the month, etc.  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #8695 on: April 01, 2012, 05:56:34 AM »
Mornin' all, bloody keen frost on the cars and grass
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8696 on: April 01, 2012, 06:02:59 AM »
Morning Jomster - aright mate?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #8697 on: April 01, 2012, 06:16:25 AM »
Absolutely wonderful Barman. How's you? (checks change in case BM is using a distraction technique)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8698 on: April 01, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »
Good Morning All

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8699 on: April 01, 2012, 06:48:50 AM »
Absolutely wonderful Barman. How's you? (checks change in case BM is using a distraction technique)

evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: