Disgusterous

Author Topic: The All New Good Morning Everybody Thread  (Read 1492554 times)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Re: The All New Good Morning Everybody Thread
« Reply #17355 on: April 08, 2013, 07:47:48 AM »
rubschin: Rod, Pole or Perch?

Nope. Never heard of 'Dyno-Pole' or 'Dyno-Perch' Snoops. Who are they?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17356 on: April 08, 2013, 08:05:39 AM »

Wasn't a response to your Dyno query .... merely pondering if the rods referred to were in anyway connected to the Rod, Pole or Perch as taught when I went to school.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Fool Member
« Reply #17357 on: April 08, 2013, 08:18:19 AM »

Wasn't a response to your Dyno query .... merely pondering if the rods referred to were in anyway connected to the Rod, Pole or Perch as taught when I went to school.

Never got my head round those measures:

Rod - usually steel that connects stuff
Pole - an East European
Perch - either a fish or summat what an bird sits on
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17358 on: April 08, 2013, 08:26:25 AM »
 surrender:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #17359 on: April 08, 2013, 08:55:52 AM »
Morning Rod, Rodders and Roddesses   greet1:

Or is this all a ConRod?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #17360 on: April 08, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
Good morning all :o

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17361 on: April 08, 2013, 09:05:36 AM »

lol: lol: lol:

I still remember the day in my second year of primary school... Not sure how old that made me...

Our teacher was Mr. Wise - a violent thug of a man who commanded (and got) respect... He would throw the board rubber at you for the most minor offence and I remember him beating my mate Stephen Burke senseless for some minor indiscretion...

Anyhooo...

One day we trooped into class and he was writing on the blackboard... writing out all the imperial measurements..... 1 chain = 22 yards, 1 gill = whatever that equalled, etc...

We all sat down and watched him in silence, nobody said a word (we wouldn't dare)...

After a while, somebody realised that we were eventually going to have to copy this lot down so she (dirty swat) got her book out and started scribbling....

Of course, once one started another set off and then another until we were all furiously copying this stuff down from the board and Mr. Wise was still writing it...

I can still see the bastard to this day, he was holding a red text book in his left hand, writing in chalk with his right and studiously ignoring us all... all in complete silence apart from the occasional screech of chalk on the blackboard (can you say that now?) and us all furiously scribbling and trying to catch up...

Eventually, he got to the last of the three blackboards, closed his book and turned to look at us... We were all still scribbling...

Then he said "you don't have to learn any of that any more" and rubbed the whole lot off! Fucking bastard!  lol:

I assume it was some personal protest against the metric system... Shrugs:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #17362 on: April 08, 2013, 09:43:13 AM »
A couple of years ago I was discussing the setting up of some allotments in the village ~ a very Welsh local farmer was willing to rent us some land and I met him in the field to discuss it all. He asked "How big do you plan each allotment to be?" and I replied "Well the standard allotment is 10rod but I was thinking that might be a bit big for some of our pensioner members so perhaps we could divide the plot into 5 rod allotments and if anyone wants bigger they could always rent two side by side"
He gaped at me for a full minute and then grasped my hand and shook it warmly. "Christ Boyo ~ it does my heart good to hear someone who knows what they are talking about ~ I can't stand all this square metre rubbish ~ you know where you stand with a man who knows what a rod is."

Oh and you get 16 x 10 rod allotments into a 1 acre field ...... with enough space around them for footpaths.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #17363 on: April 08, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »
. . .
Then he said "you don't have to learn any of that any more" and rubbed the whole lot off! Fucking bastard!  lol: . . .
happy001

I rather admire him for that.  So should he turn up at the VPub do we buy him a pint or 50cL of your finest diluted Best?

And then spit in it

Well, whatever, nevermind

• Fool Member
« Reply #17364 on: April 08, 2013, 10:30:42 AM »
A couple of years ago I was discussing the setting up of some allotments in the village ~ a very Welsh local farmer was willing to rent us some land and I met him in the field to discuss it all. He asked "How big do you plan each allotment to be?" and I replied "Well the standard allotment is 10rod but I was thinking that might be a bit big for some of our pensioner members so perhaps we could divide the plot into 5 rod allotments and if anyone wants bigger they could always rent two side by side"
He gaped at me for a full minute and then grasped my hand and shook it warmly. "Christ Boyo ~ it does my heart good to hear someone who knows what they are talking about ~ I can't stand all this square metre rubbish ~ you know where you stand with a man who knows what a rod is."

Oh and you get 16 x 10 rod allotments into a 1 acre field ...... with enough space around them for footpaths.

That wouldn't be Rhod Gilbert would it?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #17365 on: April 08, 2013, 10:32:37 AM »
 noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17366 on: April 08, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »
. . .
Then he said "you don't have to learn any of that any more" and rubbed the whole lot off! Fucking bastard!  lol: . . .
happy001

I rather admire him for that.  So should he turn up at the VPub do we buy him a pint or 50cL of your finest diluted Best?

And then spit in it

I'd give him the Bishops Finger all right...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #17367 on: April 08, 2013, 11:22:46 AM »
Morning all.....

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17368 on: April 08, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #17369 on: April 08, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »
Morning all just popped in for a few mins got werk... eeek:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .