Disgusterous

Author Topic: Cheap Laptop  (Read 41981 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Cheap Laptop
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2014, 09:57:43 AM »
No, one of the hinges that attach the screen to the base comes adrift and jams the cooling fan. The chap I went to for a repair had NINE in his workshop. Some had partially melted  eeek:

Duck/duct tape.  Thumbs:

::)
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2014, 10:13:35 AM »
Had a close one last night ..2 laptops on the table and Miss T knocks over her bucket of vino.....grabbed mine pulling out the power supply and the vino justed missed the other one.... noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »
No, one of the hinges that attach the screen to the base comes adrift and jams the cooling fan. The chap I went to for a repair had NINE in his workshop. Some had partially melted  eeek:
eeek:

HP was once a good name in laptops.  I've had to change the fan twice in the last one I bought and won't be buying HP again

What will you put on your mock-bacon sarnies?
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2014, 10:35:21 AM »
Had a close one last night ..2 laptops on the table and Miss T knocks over her bucket of vino.....grabbed mine pulling out the power supply and the vino justed missed the other one.... noooo:
I guess that tragically the wine was a total loss?
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2014, 10:36:19 AM »
I imagine Foggy licked it up  noooo:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
eeek:

HP was once a good name in laptops.  I've had to change the fan twice in the last one I bought and won't be buying HP again

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

HP printers are stll the dogs bollocks imho

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2014, 10:40:46 AM »
eeek:

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

Presumably they are not on the menu either?
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2014, 10:47:37 AM »
eeek:

;D ;D

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
eeek:

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

Not on mine but who knows what Mr Stew consumes?

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »
eeek:

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

Not on mine but who knows what Mr Stew consumes?

. . . . along with Duck's Nuts and Goat's Gonads not to mention Badger's Nadgers . . . .    whistle:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »
eeek:

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

I've given up on HP printers - the last couple I've had were shite.... I have a Canon next to my desk now.....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »

scared2:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »
eeek:

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

I've given up on HP printers - the last couple I've had were shite.... I have a Canon next to my desk now.....

Don't you have  a canon under it too  ;)
Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2014, 12:38:11 PM »
eeek:

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

Weird that, different makes work for different people.  I just LOVE Canon for cameras but the Canon printer I got work to buy was so shite I'd never touch one again.

The HP 3100 printer we bought for bugger all yonks ago still works brilliantly but it's not an Air printer so has sadly been relegated by another HP which is doing very well

But HP laptops went downhill when they bought Compaq.  Effin fans and what is the most laborius thing to change on an HP laptop?  The soddin CPU fan

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »
eeek:

lol:

(BBQ sauce of course)

Don't you have  a canon under it too  ;)

;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs: