Disgusterous

Author Topic: Change a day around but not the clocks  (Read 775 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Change a day around but not the clocks
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12640636

Plans to scrap the May Day bank holiday in favour of either a St George's Day in April or Trafalgar Day in October have been outlined by the government.

Ministers argue the former strategy would start the tourist season earlier, while the latter would elongate it.

Meanwhile, widely discussed plans to bring UK clocks into line with Europe's were not included in the strategy.
The government's policy paper includes proposals to move the May Day holiday to St George's Day on 23 April in England and St David's Day on 1 March in Wales - to create a "national day".

A move to October could be either a "UK day" or a national day to mark military victories such as the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
Mr Penrose said he wanted to encourage more Britons to holiday at home and at the same time to get more foreign residents to visit the UK

I know we have discussed clock changing times at length and bank holidays previously.

It would seem the answer is to do nothing , not provide any additonal, just change around those that we already have  Banghead

So a U.K day then - what could we do to celebrate such a thing  rubschin: . Get a tattoo done , wear some leggings 2 sizes too small and a small belly top and push a pram around - regardless of if there is anything in it or not  noooo:
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 09:08:58 AM by Miss Demeanor »
Skubber

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
Re: Change a day around but not the clocks
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 10:14:14 PM »

So a U.K day then - what could we do to celebrate such a thing  rubschin: . Get a tattoo done , wear some leggings 2 sizes too small and a small belly top and push a pram around - regardless of if there is anything in it or not  noooo:

Soooooo...in the absence of any replies...

Have you got a tattoo? or a body piercing? and what is it...and where is it...someone must have a Prince Albert!

and if you haven't...what would you get... hypothetically , like

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:14:02 AM »
I have no tattoos, no piercings. To my disappointment at the time, my youngest daughter has a couple of tattoos and her tongue pierced. When she had her tongue pierced my granddaughter (aged two at the time) was told that she mustn't tell granddad, course, as soon as granddad came through the door, she said "granddad, xxxxx's had her tongue pierced  ;D
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »
I have no tattoos or piercings ..... I think the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm may have put a micro chip in my neck but I was too young to remember.  confused:

P'raps if I lost myself then some kind vet would be able to trace me and I'd know.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:20:21 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »
I have no tattoos, no piercings. To my disappointment at the time, my youngest daughter has a couple of tattoos and her tongue pierced. When she had her tongue pierced my granddaughter (aged two at the time) was told that she mustn't tell granddad, course, as soon as granddad came through the door, she said "granddad, xxxxx's had her tongue pierced  ;D

sick2:  My hairdresser has her tongue done too... said it was the worse pain ever and wouldnt have it done it if she had known.

For the record  I am a blank page too.  I think life can deliver enough trauma without going looking for it.  noooo:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27:22 AM »
I have no tattoos or piercings ..... I think the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm may have put a micro chip in my neck but I was too young to remember.  confused:

P'raps if I lost myself then some kind vet would be able to trace me and I'd know.

I have a zapper thing to check for those

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »

sick2:  My hairdresser has her tongue done too... said it was the worse pain ever and wouldnt have it done it if she had known.

For the record  I am a blank page too.  I think life can deliver enough trauma without going looking for it.  noooo:

It's only a little prick  lol:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 08:32:36 AM »

I have a zapper thing to check for those

Next time you are passing then ..........  ;D
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »
No 'art' on me  angel1

Can't stand the things especially on women.
Skubber

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 08:45:33 AM »
Tramp stamps - apart from my daughter of course  ;)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 08:47:59 AM »
Indeed ( except your daughter and any other VP's closeys  ;) )

I especially can't stand the bluey / black blobs that just look like bruises. Maybe they are bruises  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 08:56:03 AM »

It's only a little prick  lol:

So you say.  eyes:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 11:42:26 AM »
None of the Selection clan have more than the default number of holes in their bodies, and no 'art'.

I await the confessions of the under 40 VP members...
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »
I am pure...  angel1
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
I am pure...  angel1

Tattoos wouldn't show amongst all your bruises and scars.
I mostly despair