Disgusterous

Author Topic: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread  (Read 247655 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2011, 08:37:22 PM »
 doh:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2011, 04:48:58 AM »
doh:

TMR could get you a job there Nick...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2011, 03:56:40 AM »
We have moved to a new "mess room" which presents a problem for we smokers: it's bloody miles away from any smoking area. The old mess room was less than 3 minutes from fag freedom, but the new one is a twenty minute round trip - and that's if you're at the double. Thus today I didn't have a fag from 15:20 when I went in until 04:40 when I got back out. The "head-rush" as I inhaled that first lovely lungful of Golden Virginia was great and I was wobbling all over the place. Like LegIron, I think it's time to invest in an "electro-fag". And before long, I will get my ADP (Airside Driving Permit), so I will be able to nab an electric towing buggy and drive to "Queensgate", where I can slip out for a proper fag occasionally.     

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2011, 05:43:56 AM »
We have moved to a new "mess room" which presents a problem for we smokers: it's bloody miles away from any smoking area. The old mess room was less than 3 minutes from fag freedom, but the new one is a twenty minute round trip - and that's if you're at the double. Thus today I didn't have a fag from 15:20 when I went in until 04:40 when I got back out. The "head-rush" as I inhaled that first lovely lungful of Golden Virginia was great and I was wobbling all over the place. Like LegIron, I think it's time to invest in an "electro-fag". And before long, I will get my ADP (Airside Driving Permit), so I will be able to nab an electric towing buggy and drive to "Queensgate", where I can slip out for a proper fag occasionally.     

Sounds like a good excuse reason for a strike around Spring Bank Holiday  whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2011, 06:47:33 AM »

Sounds like a good excuse reason for a strike around Spring Bank Holiday  whistle:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2011, 08:15:26 AM »

"Slipping into Queensgate for a proper fag"?

Sounds a bit  Gayer:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #201 on: May 13, 2011, 08:55:52 AM »

"Slipping into Queensgate for a proper fag"?

Sounds a bit  Gayer:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2011, 07:11:35 PM »
Note to passengers: do not tie identifying ribbons or suchlike round the handle of your bag, because there are some nasty people who will find an identical bag and put that ribbon on it. :-/

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
Note to passengers: do not tie identifying ribbons or suchlike round the handle of your bag, because there are some nasty people who will find an identical bag and put that ribbon on it. :-/

;D ;D

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »

lol: lol: lol: nonono:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #205 on: May 26, 2011, 02:37:44 AM »
A typical day on "the ramp". (The Ramp is a term for all things regarding seeing a plane it, unloading it, re-filling it, pushing it out and seeing it off again)

My first job required me to grab a "Charlatte" (an electric baggage tug) and go to stand 22, via "Bravo" where the bags that need loading will be, if they haven't already been delivered to the stand. First problem, none of the ramining Charlattes are working! Luckily, within minutes someone turns up to park one that works - so I nab that and off I whizz. I collect the 2 trailers for our plane and get to stand 22, albeit about 5 minutes late - I needn't have worried, the swarms of engineers vans round the plane tells me something is awry. It transpires there is a problem with a fuel leak, so we put the baggage bins on the low loader, but not on the plane as there is a good chance they will have to do a "plane swap". All we can do is go up to the gate and await further instructions - this is fine by us as it means we just stand around admiring the lovies hoping to head off to Malaga! After a further 30 minutes hanging around, some of the younger passengers are getting a bit agitated and we are required to have "a few words" with them. Luckily 10 minutes later the engineers allow the plane to fly and the passengers all cheer - we go back downstairs and set to work loading. Unfortunately, the delay means that the next plane we were to do is already parked up waiting to be loaded up. I am sent to start this while my other 2 team members finish off the first one. When I get to it, two of the office supervisors (in suit trousers and shirts) are making a start on it - although no bags are there yet. I whizz off to Bravo again and grab the two trailers and whizz back - the supervisors have put the luggage belt up to the hold and ask if I would mind doing the loading on my own (normally there are 2 of you in the plane - one to pass the bags and one to stack them). Seeing as they are supervisors I say "no problem!" Luckily it's on 71 bags so I manage it without too much trouble although the stacking wasn't the neatest! My other 2 team members turn up and we go to the departure gate to get any gate bags / children's pushchairs but there aren't any. But a passenger hasn't turned up...and his bag has been loaded. We leave it ten more minutes and still no sign of him, so the decision is made to remove his bag. Guess who gets the job...luckily it's one of the first I check - bag off, hold closed up and we're ready to push the plane out for take-off. And then the silly bastard passenger turns up and for some reason is allowed on - so hold opened up, bag put back on, close up again and the plane finally sets off. Next job is goes fine, but it is a shitty little Boeing 737 which are horrible to load up - I must have banged my head at least 10 times due to the crappy hold layout. We get sent back to base where I'm put on a break, so I scoff some food down and then nick a Charlatte so I can go out for a cigarette or two. I get back am immediately sent out for the evenings off-loads. First plane in is a heavily laden Airbus A320 from Sharm-el-Sheikh - 168 bags, all 20+ kilos, one was 37kg! Eeek, must have cost them a fortune. From then on it's just off-load after off-load and before I know it my team leader tells me to go back to base, even though we are only halfway through a job - it's because it's 01.45 already and time for home! The 10 hour shift has flown by!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #206 on: May 26, 2011, 06:16:48 AM »
My hero... worthy:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #207 on: June 03, 2011, 02:19:01 AM »
So...first job of the day is a Belfast spin. Easy enough - never many bags on these. As I can now drive the electric flatbed lorries, I helped unload the plane then went on my own to go and chuck 'em on the reclaim belt in the North Terminal. By the time I got back to the plane, the outgoing bags are all loaded and I was sent up to the departure gate to get any children's buggies / late gate bags.

This is nice and cushy as you just sit there waiting for the passengers to go through and then take whatever down to the plane.

Passenger to TMR "I just put £1.60 in the vending machine and it swallowed my money without giving me my Fanta."

TMR to passenger "How disappointing."

Passenger to TMR "Well what are you going to do about it?"

TMR to passenger "There's nothing I can do"

Passenger to TMR "But you work here, you must be able to do something!"

TMR to passenger "Sir, I look after your bags and make sure the plane goes out safely and on time, I don't look after the vending machines. Do you see the words on my hi-viz - it says Aviation, not libation".

Passenger to TMR "You're not being very helpful, can you call someone to get me a refund?"

TMR to passenger "Strangely, I don't have the number for vending services on my phone and even if I did, I'm not sure either you or I would want to hold up the plane for the sake of £1.60"

Passenger to TMR "Your attitude is terrible, I shall make a formal complaint about this"

TMR to passenger "That is your perogative, but personally I wouldn't have even tried to pay £1.60 for a Fanta in the first place."

Passenger to TMR "The air conditioning in here is terrible - I was extremely thirsty"

TMR to passenger "Make sure you put that in your complaint too"

At this point I reached into my pocket and pulled out my bottle of Fanta (60p to us) guzzled the lot, threw the empty in the bin and trundled off to the plane with the two pushchairs that were there.

Another satisfied customer :-)

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #208 on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:09 AM »
 lol: lol: lol: eveilgrin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »
So...first job of the day is a Belfast spin. Easy enough - never many bags on these. As I can now drive the electric flatbed lorries, I helped unload the plane then went on my own to go and chuck 'em on the reclaim belt in the North Terminal. By the time I got back to the plane, the outgoing bags are all loaded and I was sent up to the departure gate to get any children's buggies / late gate bags.

This is nice and cushy as you just sit there waiting for the passengers to go through and then take whatever down to the plane.

Passenger to TMR "I just put £1.60 in the vending machine and it swallowed my money without giving me my Fanta."

TMR to passenger "How disappointing."

Passenger to TMR "Well what are you going to do about it?"

TMR to passenger "There's nothing I can do"

Passenger to TMR "But you work here, you must be able to do something!"

TMR to passenger "Sir, I look after your bags and make sure the plane goes out safely and on time, I don't look after the vending machines. Do you see the words on my hi-viz - it says Aviation, not libation".

Passenger to TMR "You're not being very helpful, can you call someone to get me a refund?"

TMR to passenger "Strangely, I don't have the number for vending services on my phone and even if I did, I'm not sure either you or I would want to hold up the plane for the sake of £1.60"

Passenger to TMR "Your attitude is terrible, I shall make a formal complaint about this"

TMR to passenger "That is your perogative, but personally I wouldn't have even tried to pay £1.60 for a Fanta in the first place."

Passenger to TMR "The air conditioning in here is terrible - I was extremely thirsty"

TMR to passenger "Make sure you put that in your complaint too"

At this point I reached into my pocket and pulled out my bottle of Fanta (60p to us) guzzled the lot, threw the empty in the bin and trundled off to the plane with the two pushchairs that were there.

Another satisfied customer :-)

Pro Skub  Thumbs: