Author Topic: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread  (Read 247708 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Re: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread
« Reply #585 on: March 26, 2012, 04:36:11 AM »
Two causes for celebration then. Excellent news on the job front. :thumbsup:  I will make you a nice cup of tea.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #586 on: March 26, 2012, 05:35:49 AM »
14 1/2 hours on shift is - it must be said - more than enough. But the weird thing is that the time seems to pass so quickly. I know that when I get up later everything will ache and that's mainly my fault for going at it hammer and tongs - those that have been there longer tend to dally too much for my liking - but I see it as a wage and a free workout, I think possibly I have a surfeit of energy as a result of the previous 25 years in an office job. And another thing - a cold beer tastes reeeeeal good after it. Oh, and I managed to nearly mangle a drug sniffer dog today; I lobbed a nice heavy bag off the lorry and whilst it was in mid-air I spotted the dog out of the corner of my eye, charging down the luggage belt. The impact made it yelp a bit!

Was the sniffer dog onto you...?  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #587 on: March 26, 2012, 05:57:59 AM »
14 1/2 hours on shift is - it must be said - more than enough. But the weird thing is that the time seems to pass so quickly. I know that when I get up later everything will ache and that's mainly my fault for going at it hammer and tongs - those that have been there longer tend to dally too much for my liking - but I see it as a wage and a free workout, I think possibly I have a surfeit of energy as a result of the previous 25 years in an office job. And another thing - a cold beer tastes reeeeeal good after it. Oh, and I managed to nearly mangle a drug sniffer dog today; I lobbed a nice heavy bag off the lorry and whilst it was in mid-air I spotted the dog out of the corner of my eye, charging down the luggage belt. The impact made it yelp a bit!

Those rolies he smokes........... rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #588 on: March 26, 2012, 06:01:58 AM »

He prolly thought TMR was one of those toys they hide drugs in like....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #589 on: March 26, 2012, 06:21:13 AM »
 lol:  lol:  lol:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #590 on: March 26, 2012, 08:19:30 AM »

He prolly thought TMR was one of those toys they hide drugs in like....  whistle:

lol: lol: lol:

Or what they get given as a reward when they find something.

"Clever Snoopy for finding the bag of heroin, here's the squeaky TMR to chew on"  whistle:
I mostly despair

• Power Poster
« Reply #591 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:23 AM »
Oh good grief if the experience  is anything like the clip from a different thread I will be having nightmares again tonight...

Dog and Helium Voice

Yargh:

On the other hand a squeaky TMR being chewed on would clean the dogs teeth in a very through and eco friendly way. rubschin:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #592 on: March 27, 2012, 01:40:28 AM »
I am now on a "permanent weekends" shift, which sounds terrible, but isn't; Friday and Saturday 05:00-15:30 then 15:00-01:30 Sunday and Monday. In effect I work 2 days, have a day off, then work another 2 days and have another 3 days off. With the easyJet "Summer Schedule" now operating, it should be easy to pick up overtime on all those 4 days.

And as I leave at 15:30 on Saturday and am not back until 15:00 Sunday it means I can still have a good belly full of Young's on Saturday night and still have enough recovery time for Sunday's shift.

On Wednesday we start our new contact with FlyBe. This should be fun as we have had scant training and the aircraft are different - Embraer 195s and Dash-8 400s. Horrible shitty little things that even "a dwarf" ( ::)) like me will struggle to squeeze into the holds. I predict utter chaos - we barely coped today and the FlyBe stuff if another 35 flights per day, going up to 61 per day within 6 weeks.

And then there's the BA 737s to come...

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #593 on: March 27, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »
I am  flying out again on the Mon 11th June ...but 14.50 so a bit too early for you then  lol:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:37:47 AM by Miss Demeanour »
Skubber

• Power Poster
« Reply #594 on: March 27, 2012, 08:40:06 AM »
I am now on a "permanent weekends" shift, which sounds terrible, but isn't; Friday and Saturday 05:00-15:30 then 15:00-01:30 Sunday and Monday. In effect I work 2 days, have a day off, then work another 2 days and have another 3 days off. With the easyJet "Summer Schedule" now operating, it should be easy to pick up overtime on all those 4 days.

And as I leave at 15:30 on Saturday and am not back until 15:00 Sunday it means I can still have a good belly full of Young's on Saturday night and still have enough recovery time for Sunday's shift.

On Wednesday we start our new contact with FlyBe. This should be fun as we have had scant training and the aircraft are different - Embraer 195s and Dash-8 400s. Horrible shitty little things that even "a dwarf" ( ::)) like me will struggle to squeeze into the holds. I predict utter chaos - we barely coped today and the FlyBe stuff if another 35 flights per day, going up to 61 per day within 6 weeks.

And then there's the BA 737s to come...

Whew I am safe it would seem.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #595 on: March 27, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »
I am  flying out again on the Mon 11th June ...but 14.50 so a bit too early for you then  lol:

SleazyJet?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #596 on: March 27, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »

SleazyJet?

Don't tell him Miss D!  scared2:

My case had teeny-tiny shoe prints all over it....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #597 on: March 27, 2012, 11:06:56 AM »

SleazyJet?

Oh yes - to Bodrum  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #598 on: March 27, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
My last flight this morning was from Bodrum. It had only 20 bags on it :-). There'll be a few more than that when you go. I'll put in for overtime, so I can make sure your bags are looked after. 

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #599 on: March 27, 2012, 12:52:25 PM »
Oh , you don't have to earn extra money on my behalf honey  lol:
Skubber