Disgusterous

Author Topic: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread  (Read 247758 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Re: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread
« Reply #825 on: February 07, 2013, 07:55:58 PM »
 lol: lol: Greasy Jet?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #826 on: February 08, 2013, 11:48:55 AM »
What leads you both to that conclusion?  rubschin:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #827 on: February 08, 2013, 11:54:13 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #828 on: February 16, 2013, 01:52:36 AM »
Much fun on stand 105 and "Bagfax" (the place you go to if you have lost your luggage or missed your plane etc.) today.  176 cheery souls had booked a flight to Geneva. Nothing unusual there. However, when the inbound plane turned up it was an A319, which can only seat 156, not an A320 which can seat 180.

This has never happened before, to my knowledge.

The problem was soon realised and "they" decided that the "fairest" way to solve the problem was to simply tell the last 20 who checked-in that sorry - you'll have to get on the next one (which had enough spare seats). I wasn't at the boarding gate when this was announced, however, I believe there was a bit of uproar. Understandably.  Somehow though, they managed to persuade 20 to hold on for the next flight, 90 minutes later.

Stage 2 of he process was to then get their bags off the plane as by this time we had already loaded about 100 bags. We eventually found all the required bags and they were offed onto a luggage trailer, ready to be taken back to "Bagfax" to be reunited with those passengers getting on the next flight. At this point, something else went awry and the bags stayed put...

About an hour later "Bagfax" rang up to say they had 20 passengers screaming blue murder demanding their bags as they only had 30 minutes to check them back in for the next flight. The forgotten luggage trailer was found as as the chap in question was taking them back to Bagfax his electric buggy broke down  lol:  Another was sent but by the time he arrived at Bagfax there was only 15 minutes until the plane was due to depart.  The poor sod carried the first 2 bags in and apparently, was "set upon" by some angry passengers.  lol: He managed to escape but refused to take any more in until security turned up - which was 10 minutes later...check-in had closed the flight.

By now there are near riots in the Bagfax area  ;D ;D ;D

I understand that check-in was re-opened quick smart and they eventually all flew - albeit extremely late!

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #829 on: February 16, 2013, 07:26:49 AM »
Much fun on stand 105 and "Bagfax" (the place you go to if you have lost your luggage or missed your plane etc.) today.  176 cheery souls had booked a flight to Geneva. Nothing unusual there. However, when the inbound plane turned up it was an A319, which can only seat 156, not an A320 which can seat 180.

This has never happened before, to my knowledge.

The problem was soon realised and "they" decided that the "fairest" way to solve the problem was to simply tell the last 20 who checked-in that sorry - you'll have to get on the next one (which had enough spare seats). I wasn't at the boarding gate when this was announced, however, I believe there was a bit of uproar. Understandably.  Somehow though, they managed to persuade 20 to hold on for the next flight, 90 minutes later.

Stage 2 of he process was to then get their bags off the plane as by this time we had already loaded about 100 bags. We eventually found all the required bags and they were offed onto a luggage trailer, ready to be taken back to "Bagfax" to be reunited with those passengers getting on the next flight. At this point, something else went awry and the bags stayed put...

About an hour later "Bagfax" rang up to say they had 20 passengers screaming blue murder demanding their bags as they only had 30 minutes to check them back in for the next flight. The forgotten luggage trailer was found as as the chap in question was taking them back to Bagfax his electric buggy broke down  lol:  Another was sent but by the time he arrived at Bagfax there was only 15 minutes until the plane was due to depart.  The poor sod carried the first 2 bags in and apparently, was "set upon" by some angry passengers.  lol: He managed to escape but refused to take any more in until security turned up - which was 10 minutes later...check-in had closed the flight.

By now there are near riots in the Bagfax area  ;D ;D ;D

I understand that check-in was re-opened quick smart and they eventually all flew - albeit extremely late!

lol: lol: lol:

Which airline....?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #830 on: February 16, 2013, 08:04:04 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, the 'joys' of going on holiday ey? Finger:

I'd rather be at werk. :thumbsup:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #831 on: February 19, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »
Extremely foggy - so the LVP (low visibility procedure) was in place. Basically there are just bigger gaps between the plane movements.

I was using a wireless headset which are a bit crappy as the battery doesn't last too long and the problem is exacerbated during LVP as you have to keep the headset turned on, waiting for the First Officer to say we have clearance to push. On my 2nd job, that was half an hour.

On the third job, we had just started pushing and the FO asked for clearance to start engine 1, which I have him.

The engine cranked into life and then began pissing fuel from underneath  eeek:

And then my headset conked out  cussing:

I don't know if there are any official hand signals for fuel leaks so I improvised  ;D and he opened his window and asked what the "drip rate" of the leak was  eeek:  I said it was pissing out. He asked me to just monitor it for a minute or two, which I did and the pissing became drips which eventually stopped.

And off they went  :thumbsup:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #832 on: February 19, 2013, 12:19:41 PM »
Extremely foggy - so the LVP (low visibility procedure) was in place. Basically there are just bigger gaps between the plane movements.

I was using a wireless headset which are a bit crappy as the battery doesn't last too long and the problem is exacerbated during LVP as you have to keep the headset turned on, waiting for the First Officer to say we have clearance to push. On my 2nd job, that was half an hour.

On the third job, we had just started pushing and the FO asked for clearance to start engine 1, which I have him.

I don't know if there are any official hand signals for fuel leaks so I improvised  ;D and he opened his window and asked what the "drip rate" of the leak was  eeek:  I said it was pissing out. He asked me to just monitor it for a minute or two, which I did and the pissing became drips which eventually stopped.

eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #833 on: February 19, 2013, 01:14:50 PM »

eeek: eeek:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #834 on: February 19, 2013, 01:24:44 PM »
To be fair, what seemed like a torrent of fuel to TMR was probably only a small drip to a normal sized person....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #835 on: February 19, 2013, 01:29:29 PM »
To be fair, what seemed like a torrent of fuel to TMR was probably only a small drip to a normal sized person....

Up to his ankles...... ;D

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #836 on: February 19, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »

Knees prolly... happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #837 on: February 19, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
 lol: lol: lol:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #838 on: February 19, 2013, 01:34:46 PM »

Knees prolly... happy001

I could have swum in it  Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #839 on: February 19, 2013, 02:38:03 PM »

Knees prolly... happy001

I could have swum in it  Thumbs:

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs: